🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Social Security welfare?

Is Social Security welfare?

• Hell no. I paid for it and the money was saved in treasury bills for me

• No. Granted nothing was actually saved, but our kids will pay for us then be repaid by their kids

• Yes. But I still want it

• Yes. End it. I don't want to do to my kids what my parents are doing to me, sending me their bills

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, people pay into the SS trust fund, welfare is free money paid by the tax payers that only a small (well medium, portion under far left rule) can apply for and get.

You still have to apply for SS, but if you meet the requirements most likely you will get it.

The money is spent as it comes in. How do you pay someone from a trust fund with no money in it? All the Feds did is write down what they spent

The money is spent as it comes in (not all of it, normally) so that the Trust Fund doesn't have to be drawn down. The Trust Fund grows every years mostly from the interest earned on its investment.

Trust fund? Can anyone show an account with an actual savings balance? Not just "IOU". Is the money set aside, into savings account?

Our entire economy top to bottom, public sector private sector, runs on IOU's. Opponents of SS try to use the term IOU as if it represents money loaned that you have no chance of ever seeing again.

And you as a far left drone prove that you do not understand what a IOU is..

No, people pay into the SS trust fund, welfare is free money paid by the tax payers that only a small (well medium, portion under far left rule) can apply for and get.

You still have to apply for SS, but if you meet the requirements most likely you will get it.

The money is spent as it comes in. How do you pay someone from a trust fund with no money in it? All the Feds did is write down what they spent

The money is spent as it comes in (not all of it, normally) so that the Trust Fund doesn't have to be drawn down. The Trust Fund grows every years mostly from the interest earned on its investment.

Trust fund? Can anyone show an account with an actual savings balance? Not just "IOU". Is the money set aside, into savings account?

Your savings account at the bank is an IOU. The bank doesn't hold your money in a shoebox somewhere and pay you interest out of their own pocket.

And the far left proves once again they do not understand SS..

The Trust Fund currently earns about 100 billion in annual interest.

Link?

Come on far left drone prove your comments!

So you're admitting you never even looked at SS's finances, but you're here spouting off about them?

Your savings account at the bank is an IOU. The bank doesn't hold your money in a shoebox somewhere and pay you interest out of their own pocket.

Link?

So you're admitting you never even looked at SS's finances, but you're here spouting off about them?

Yes I know you are admitting such things!

Come on prove your comments far left drone!

Our entire economy top to bottom, public sector private sector, runs on IOU's. Opponents of SS try to use the term IOU as if it represents money loaned that you have no chance of ever seeing again.

An IOU is what you have from the bank for all the money you've put in there.

Link?

Why should I prove something to you you're claiming you already know?

See how the far left drones are just here to promote their religious dogma?

This is always trying to be top posting drone of the month!

Link?

Why should I prove something to you you're claiming you already know?

Yes we know you made a claim you can not back up with actual facts, it is the far left religious way!

You are just here to post so you can be top drone of the month!

OASI Trust Fund, a Social Security fund

Now be sure to reply with your typical retarded blather.

SS is just very slightly means tested so i don't think it qualifies as welfare. Your benefit is mostly determined by how much you paid in.

OK, worst case me. USA citizen reaches age 67 and applies for SSI. But, no SSI earnings. Maybe locked up from age 18-67? independent contractor?

What SSI payment does this one get?

I love it when far left drones finally post a link and it does nothing to prove their comments!

They think that if they just post any link it proves what they have posted!

Nothing in that link shows IOU's or any other claims you have made..

Muslim arab or Mexican immigrant drags in mom and dad. They never worked but reach age 62.

Do they apply for SSI and get it? Land O' Goshen in advance.

I love it when far left drones finally post a link and it does nothing to prove their comments!

Thanks for being sure to reply with your typical retarded blather.

The second table, far right column, shows net interest per year.

You know the only reason I don't put you on ignore is that it's too much fun making you look like an idiot,

with the bonus of being even more fun knowing that you have no idea I'm doing it.

Thanks for being sure to reply with your typical retarded blather.

The second table, far right column, shows net interest per year.

And it doe snot match anything you posted, nor does it talk about IOU's..

Once again you loose!

Silly far left drone!

You know the only reason I don't put you on ignore is that it's too much fun making you look like an idiot,

with the bonus of being even more fun knowing that you have no idea I'm doing it.

Oh the irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Federal taxes - paid into the general fund
Social security taxes - paid into the general fund

Government spending - paid out of the general fund
Social Security payments - paid out of the general fund
Welfare payments - paid out of the general fund

I need to learn what again, Holmes? You seem to be the one with catching up to do

Wrong again!

The Social Security Administration collects payroll taxes and uses the money collected to pay Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance benefits by way of trust funds. When the program runs a surplus, the excess funds increase the value of the Trust Fund. At the end of 2014, the Trust Fund contained (or alternatively, was owed) $2.79 trillion, up $25 billion from 2013.

Amazing how when the Government spends FICA taxes as they come in the money is still in a trust fund. Poof!

It's not a TRUST FUND. It's a bunch of IOUs that people who will never get SS will pay via heavy tax burdens for their entire lives.

Then how are you saying it's not welfare if you admit you're paying zero for your own benefits?

Because it takes two people paying into the system to cover one person. Welfare is very different than SS..

What does that have to do with that there is no money other than what is taken from your children either way? Again ...

Explain the difference

Wrong again!

The Social Security Administration collects payroll taxes and uses the money collected to pay Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance benefits by way of trust funds. When the program runs a surplus, the excess funds increase the value of the Trust Fund. At the end of 2014, the Trust Fund contained (or alternatively, was owed) $2.79 trillion, up $25 billion from 2013.

Amazing how when the Government spends FICA taxes as they come in the money is still in a trust fund. Poof!

It's not a TRUST FUND. It's a bunch of IOUs that people who will never get SS will pay via heavy tax burdens for their entire lives.

Then how are you saying it's not welfare if you admit you're paying zero for your own benefits?

Because it takes two people paying into the system to cover one person. Welfare is very different than SS..

SS Started out with a huge ratio, that has declined significantly. Assuming the average monthly benefit is $1,500, that means each of those 2 people would be paying $750/month to the beneficiary. That is legally sanctioned MUGGING.

View attachment 101578

Social Security History

I agree, but I still don't understand your argument it's "not welfare." It seems like you keep agreeing with what I say then you say it's not welfare. How so?

Welfare - money is taken from your children and given to someone
Social Security - money is taken from your children and given to you

Nothing you paid was ever saved. How is social security "not welfare" when it works exactly like welfare?

Though it didn't start out that way, it has been a defacto welfare program since it's mockery of a trust fund was put on budget.

The whole mess is now just an inter-generational transfer payment theft scam.

Wrong. If past generations were taking out more than they put in, the Trust Fund would be depleting.
Past generations have taken out far more than they put in. This is a proven fact.

Face it, you have NFI what you're blabbering about.

What does that have to do with that there is no money other than what is taken from your children either way? Again ...

Explain the difference
There is none. It's a welfare program for the wealthiest demographic in the nation.

Most grannies aren't near as broke as the moonbats want us to believe.

Wrong again!

Explain the difference

Social Security touches more people than just about any other federal program. At the end of 2014, according to the most recent trustees’ report, some 59 million Americans were receiving retirement, disability or survivors’ benefits from the system; the total cost was $848.5 billion. 166 million people paid payroll taxes into the system.

Forum List

Back