Is this a fair representative of Christianity?

The ancient dance was very different from that common among Western nations. It was usually the part of the women only (Exodus 15:20; Judges 11:34; comp. 5:1). Hence the peculiarity of David’s conduct in dancing before the ark of the Lord (2 Samuel 6:14). The women took part in it with their timbrels. Michal should, in accordance with the example of Miriam and others, have herself led the female choir, instead of keeping aloof on the occasion and “looking through the window.” David led the choir “uncovered”, i.e., wearing only the ephod or linen tunic. He thought only of the honour of God, and forgot himself.

who are the persons in the modern world who DANCE
LIKE DAVID DID

When the Spirit of the Lord
comes upon my heart
I will dance like David danced.

comes upon my heart
I will dance like David danced

I will dance
I will dance
Dance like David Danced

comes upon my heart
I will pray like David prayed.

Comes upon my heart
I will pray like David prayed

I will pray
I will pray
Pray like David prayed

Here is the video

The ancient dance was very different from that common among Western nations. It was usually the part of the women only (Exodus 15:20; Judges 11:34; comp. 5:1). Hence the peculiarity of David’s conduct in dancing before the ark of the Lord (2 Samuel 6:14). The women took part in it with their timbrels. Michal should, in accordance with the example of Miriam and others, have herself led the female choir, instead of keeping aloof on the occasion and “looking through the window.” David led the choir “uncovered”, i.e., wearing only the ephod or linen tunic. He thought only of the honour of God, and forgot himself.
'
from where did you get this commentary, trinity?--------try not to be all that impressed
with whomever it is who wrote it

We aren't supposed to cast pearls before swine.

I have heard people say that a lot. I have seen it in the Bible many times.

What exactly does it mean when someone says, "Don't cast your pearls before swine." ?

it was a very much used and popular saying 2000 years ago amongst Pharisees. I believe that it shows up in the Talmud. ----------It was one of the reasons that the
Romans did not like Pharisees and liked to crucify them-----mostly because they did
not like romans

What exactly does it mean when someone says, "Don't cast your pearls before swine." ?

Well depends on who is interpreting it. To me it means don't waste your time trying to talk to people who simply won't be able to understand what you are saying. They will attack you to cover their ignorance or out of ignorance. Confucius said something similar in The Analects. He said 'To speak to a man who cannot understand is to let your words go to waste. To speak not to a man who can understand is to let a man go to waste. The master let's neither words nor men go to waste.' The author of Matthew (which is where it is found) probably meant something along those lines

Someone like Koshergrl probably interprets it along the lines of don't treat those who are not as holy as you with any patience, kindness, or generosity. They are not worthy to receive it.

In the time that the "cast pearls before swine.." saying was used ----the PEARLS were
the wisdom of the Tanach and Midrash and Talmud

irosie91 said:
In the time that the st pearls before swine.." saying was used ----the PEARLS were

The Talmud didn't come around until a good 150 years or so after Matthew was written.

irosie91 said:
In the time that the st pearls before swine.." saying was used ----the PEARLS were

The Talmud didn't come around until a good 150 years or so after Matthew was written.

blue----if the above post is a sample of that which you "know"-----I am sorry for
you------you don't know much......... The development of the Talmud took place
over many many decades ---in two places----BABYLON and Israel/judea------most of it l before Matthew was written. You seem
to be getting your information from sources similar to the ones Penelope uses.
One of the most famous talmudists---Hillel----died either just after or just before
Jesus is thought to have been born. Jesus quotes Hillel----lots-------but then again--
everyone did back then

irosie91 said:

blue----if the above post is a sample of that which you "know"-----I am sorry for
over many many decades ---in two places----BABYLON and Israel/judea------most of it l before Matthew was written. You seem
One of the most famous talmudists---Hillel----died either just after or just before
Jesus is thought to have been born. Jesus quotes Hillel----lots-------but then again--
everyone did back then

There were certain things written before, yes, (mostly found in the Mishnah) but the Talmud itself was not complied until the 3rd Century and most of the writings didn't come until well after that

Where do you get yours besides out of your narrow minded brain? You went off on your own little power trip and self parade of superiority and totally disregarded the point of the post I made because apparently you could not take the message and apply it so you picked a piece of it and are doing your best to discredit the point and make this a conversaation about your

it was a very much used and popular saying 2000 years ago amongst Pharisees. I believe that it shows up in the Talmud. ----------It was one of the reasons that the
Romans did not like Pharisees and liked to crucify them-----mostly because they did
not like romans
Look if you don't know then say hey I don't know but quit spouting false things. You didn't answer the question. You know, maybe you should look it up yourself. Just because you can quote a passage doesn't mean you know what it means

Well depends on who is interpreting it. To me it means don't waste your time trying to talk to people who simply won't be able to understand what you are saying. They will attack you to cover their ignorance or out of ignorance. Confucius said something similar in The Analects. He said 'To speak to a man who cannot understand is to let your words go to waste. To speak not to a man who can understand is to let a man go to waste. The master let's neither words nor men go to waste.' The author of Matthew (which is where it is found) probably meant something along those lines

Someone like Koshergrl probably interprets it along the lines of don't treat those who are not as holy as you with any patience, kindness, or generosity. They are not worthy to receive it.
Nah she would see it as don't throw your jewelry to the hogs in the barn period ha ha

Where do you get yours besides out of your narrow minded brain? You went off on your own little power trip and self parade of superiority and totally disregarded the point of the post I made because apparently you could not take the message and apply it so you picked a piece of it and are doing your best to discredit the point and make this a conversaation about your

not like romans
Look if you don't know then say hey I don't know but quit spouting false things. You didn't answer the question. You know, maybe you should look it up yourself. Just because you can quote a passage doesn't mean you know what it means

Exactly....the Romans didn't give two shits about the Pharisees. Truth be told, the Romans had a great respect for the Jews and Jewish beliefs. They just didn't take any shit so when there was an uprising or someone got uppity they did the Roman thing and made an example of them. The Jews got several benefits from the Romans that most conquered nations did not receive such as not having to provide soldiers for the military, not having to worship Roman state gods, not having graven images of the Emperor in Palestine or on Judean coinage. etc. The Romans didn't hate the Pharisee at all. They left them alone so long as they paid their taxes and didn't threaten a rebellion. Now the zealots....ok well...that's a bit different.

irosie91 said:

everyone did back then

There were certain things written before, yes, (mostly found in the Mishnah) but the Talmud itself was not complied until the 3rd Century and most of the writings didn't come until well after that

wrong----most of the writings PRECEDED the compilation----in fact----preceded the "common era". The compilation was just that -----a compilation of
prior writings. Lots of the stuff was so well known-----having been batted around in both Israel/Judea and Babylon in the yeshivas there-----that the compilation of the Talmud and Mishnah was just a matter of------writing stuff already known by rote. It was not being "authored"

david did not dance on his balcony----he danced right out there in the opened space----
in the vicinity of the ark------. The dancing was in Jerusalem. His wife Michal watched from the window. It's ok---most
Christians never read the bible. Penelope was not permitted to do so. Here is
another trivia point-----who was Michal?

Michal was the daughter of Saul and David's wife. And you are correct, Rosie. David did not dance on his balcony!

I should do trivia questions on my Elijah thread ( God willing I will post that thread tomorrow) there are a few questions that I am pretty sure most folks here would not have an answer to! Stay tuned!

irosie91 said:

everyone did back then

wrong----most of the writings PRECEDED the compilation----in fact----preceded the "common era". The compilation was just that -----a compilation of
prior writings. Lots of the stuff was so well known-----having been batted around in both Israel/Judea and Babylon in the yeshivas there-----that the compilation of the Talmud and Mishnah was just a matter of------writing stuff already known by rote. It was not being "authored"
And where do you obtain this information oh tower of wisdom?

david did not dance on his balcony----he danced right out there in the opened space----
in the vicinity of the ark------. The dancing was in Jerusalem. His wife Michal watched from the window. It's ok---most
Christians never read the bible. Penelope was not permitted to do so. Here is
another trivia point-----who was Michal?

Michal was the daughter of Saul and David's wife. And you are correct, Rosie. David did not dance on his balcony!

I should do trivia questions on my Elijah thread ( God willing I will post that thread tomorrow) there are a few questions that I am pretty sure most folks here would not have an answer to! Stay tuned!
The point of the post wasn't where he danced but the three of you are too Pharastic to realize it and have made it all about your own agenda which is still proving you are a sad representation of Christianity

not like romans

Exactly....the Romans didn't give two shits about the Pharisees. Truth be told, the Romans had a great respect for the Jews and Jewish beliefs. They just didn't take any shit so when there was an uprising or someone got uppity they did the Roman thing and made an example of them. The Jews got several benefits from the Romans that most conquered nations did not receive such as not having to provide soldiers for the military, not having to worship Roman state gods, not having graven images of the Emperor in Palestine or on Judean coinage. etc. The Romans didn't hate the Pharisee at all. They left them alone so long as they paid their taxes and didn't threaten a rebellion. Now the zealots....ok well...that's a bit different.

you recited the Nazi version of history-------I am impressed In fact you virtually parrot the muslim version of their conquests------people were HONORED to be raped and pillaged by muslims. The romans despised the Pharisees------as to the great honor of being invaded and ruled by romans-----the very worst that
you nazis have with which to deal is that jews were LITERATE and have more written history . Jews especially loved those crucifixtions------which to your women were TITILATTING. Now you can tell me
how happily jews lived in shariah societies-----hubby is right here---he was born in a shariah shit hole. From where do you get your history lessons-----
your catechism nun or the local mosque? See----I know your stuff-----I read it as a child having lived in a Nazi enclave in the USA-----then I got the corollary muslim version ----the stuff written by Nazi war criminals----mostly in Syria and egypt

Forum List

Back