Israel Under Netanyahu Discards the "covenant of blood"???

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008
A soccer field that was hit by a rocket, killing multiple children and teenagers, in the Druze town of Majdal Shams in the Golan Heights, northern Israel on Sunday.Credit...

Druze citizens are prominent in the Israel Defense Forces and in politics. The bond between Jewish and Druze soldiers is commonly known by the term "a covenant of blood" (Hebrew: ברית דמים, brit damim). Following Israel's establishment, the government mandated conscription for male Druze.

israel lebanon druze soccer field.png

This is big news. I know many people forgot or were never really aware of Israel's relationship with the Druze. Reminds me of the US and the Kurds.

Is this yet another betrayal of people in the area?

A soccer field that was hit by a rocket, killing multiple children and teenagers, in the Druze town of Majdal Shams in the Golan Heights, northern Israel on Sunday.Credit...

Druze citizens are prominent in the Israel Defense Forces and in politics. The bond between Jewish and Druze soldiers is commonly known by the term "a covenant of blood" (Hebrew: ברית דמים, brit damim). Following Israel's establishment, the government mandated conscription for male Druze.

View attachment 985700

This is big news. I know many people forgot or were never really aware of Israel's relationship with the Druze. Reminds me of the US and the Kurds.

Is this yet another betrayal of people in the area?

In 1967 Israel destroyed over 70 Druze villages in the Golan heights...and it was another 20 years before they were allowed to transport their apples to market. Israel forced them to hire drivers from Sudan.

Forum List

Back