It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my definition is the same as America's has always been prior to 2015, that marriage is between men and women, the only combination that is capable of having coitus and of producing children. It's immaterial if some individuals are disabled or old. You are inserting an arbitrary definition of marriage that has zero to do with biology. No basis whatsoever, except a whim. So again, in a so-called secular society, you have government, again without biological basis, taking the position against Christianity. Therefore gay marriage is an atheist ruling. And that's my whole point.

Our gov't did not change the definition. It expanded it to include gays. Marriage is still the same for all straight couples.

And there is no requirement or even mention of having children in modern marriage laws.

Your logic is hopelessly convoluted and perverted by your beliefs. I hope you can heal yourself, if not, ask that god that you believe in. Maybe he can help you.
Marriage is about being human, it doesn't discriminate because of who you love. Two people of the opposite sex that are fertile may or may not want to bring children into this world. That might be a benefit of marriage, but it is not required.

Marriage is about being human, it doesn't discriminate because of who you love.
Very nice of you to voice your opinion, but it has no relevance to the facts.
Prior to 2015, marriage was defined a special type of union between a man and a woman for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family. Now leftwingers suddenly wiped out the notion of making a family.

Last edited:
That's changing the definition. Derp.
The definition has never changed. Just like voting. Originally only white land owning Americans were able to vote, that wasn't altered that was expanded to include all Americans. And that's where we're getting to, despite attempts from people like you to drag us backwards into laws based on old hatreds and fears.

The definition has never changed. Just like voting. Originally only white land owning Americans were able to vote, that wasn't altered that was expanded to include all Americans. And that's where we're getting to, despite attempts from people like you to drag us backwards into laws based on old hatreds and fears.
No matter how hard you wish and hope, two gay guys will never be able to make a child. Neither can two lesbos. And that's what the definition of marriage entails. Doesn't matter what you add or want, you can't alter the basic biological fact.

No matter how hard you wish and hope, two gay guys will never be able to make a child. Neither can two lesbos. And that's what the definition of marriage entails. Doesn't matter what you add or want, you can't alter the basic biological fact.

Please show me any state that has a marriage law that requires the ability to have children?

There was no children component in the laws stating who was allowed to marry. That is why seniors and those who are sterile could still marry.
Let me once again quote the 2003 edition of Webster's Third International Dictionary: marriage: n. 1. a special type of union between a man and a woman for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family.

Let me once again quote the 2003 edition of Webster's Third International Dictionary: marriage: n. 1. a special type of union between a man and a woman for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family.

And now it includes a man and a man or a woman and a woman. The rest is the same.

The current Merriam Webster lists the definition of marriage as:
"Definition of marriage

1asee usage paragraph below : the state of being united as spouses in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law
b: the mutual relation of married persons : WEDLOCK
c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effectedespecially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3: an intimate or close unionthe marriage of painting and poetry"

Not true, the new definition took out the children component.
Children were never a requirement or condition of marriage. At least not in Pennsylvania or Nebraska where I currently live. I don't think there's any state that backward that would have that type of stipulation. More bad news for you. Home> In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace. Could this be the reason your frantically trying to come up with these crazy ideas, a last hurray, a frantic need for a revival of some sort. Good luck with that, you see it's your attitude, people don't want to be that ignorant anymore, they know better. And none of this s*** you're proposing is going to go anywhere. Please get some help, you need it. I'm afraid your neurosis is becoming a full-blown psychosis. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. Once again, please get some help.

Children were never a requirement or condition of marriage. At least not in Pennsylvania or Nebraska where I currently live. I don't think there's any state that backward that would have that type of stipulation. More bad news for you. Home> In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace. Could this be the reason your frantically trying to come up with these crazy ideas, a last hurray, a frantic need for a revival of some sort. Good luck with that, you see it's your attitude, people don't want to be that ignorant anymore, they know better. And none of this s*** you're proposing is going to go anywhere. Please get some help, you need it. I'm afraid your neurosis is becoming a full-blown psychosis. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. Once again, please get some help.

There was no mention of a requirement to have children in the license or in the marriage laws when I married in 1981.

And now it includes a man and a man or a woman and a woman. The rest is the same.

The current Merriam Webster lists the definition of marriage as:
"Definition of marriage

1asee usage paragraph below : the state of being united as spouses in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law
b: the mutual relation of married persons : WEDLOCK
c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effectedespecially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3: an intimate or close unionthe marriage of painting and poetry"
I plugged marriage definition into my phone here and what came up was 1. The legally or formally recognized Union of two people as partners in a personal relationship ( historically and in some jurisdictions specifically a union between a man and a woman ). That's all it said, and absolutely no mention of children or the ability to produce them as terms in a marriage contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back