It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
70% now support gay marriage
I neither approve nor disapprove. I simply don't care any more than I care about someone marrying their pet or their bicycle. None of them are unions I care to enter into, and I assume by their own choice, they don't care to enter into a sacramental union as I did.

Only the gays who still claim to the Catholic religion are harmed by what the Catholic religion says and does. They are free to leave, and many of my friends have left that church because of the hatred and bigotry. There are many churches that have finally come to their senses about homosexuality and are very accepting of gay people.
The RCC has the same position it has always had concerning gays. Love the person. Disapprove of the immoral action. There is no hatred or bigotry to it. Protestant churches which have decided Jesus suddenly changed his mind on gay marriage in 2012 are losing members in droves. The Methodist Church is falling apart as we speak.

I neither approve nor disapprove. I simply don't care any more than I care about someone marrying their pet or their bicycle. None of them are unions I care to enter into, and I assume by their own choice, they don't care to enter into a sacramental union as I did.
I have to disagree with that. Immoral acts, such as gay marriage, harm all of society and should be discouraged and spoken out against.

And what were they do with all the gay people that are married. Would a Christian country annul all those marriages like the Nazis did when they took over Germany to dehumanize the Jews they were murdering
If each person is in charge of their own union, no one else can touch it. See how easy it is when we limit government to national issues, but not personal issues?

I don't think so. If you're allowing polygamy and bigamy and gay marriages and anything anybody wants, I don't think that works. It's way too nebulous. Don't misunderstand. I'm with you on limited government, but maintaining contracts and records are one of the few legitimate functions of government.

If government would get their nose out of the relationship business, people would find the ones they liked and be happier.

I have been in a polyamorous relationship. Not for everyone, but it fit me fine.

I think if people would just mind their own business where relationships are concerned, the world would be a better place.

I have to disagree with that. Immoral acts, such as gay marriage, harm all of society and should be discouraged and spoken out against.

Same sex marriage does not harm anyone. Chances are good that couple had been in a relationship for years before they were married.

Banning gay marriage does not ban being gay. And that is your real issue.

How would you handle parental rights in the case of a dissolution in the arrangement?
How would I handle it? The children get to keep the house and financial support and they can manage the parents visitation rights if the parents cannot come to an agreement. Break up the marriage and everything belongs to the children. None of this tossing children between parents--the parents can undergo the tossing around.

I entered into a sacramental marriage, so it makes sense that the Church would handle that. In earlier times, marriage might also be a business arrangement, that follow other customs. So yes, other entities can be involved in their own ideas of social unions, including bigamy and polygamy.
Just looked it up, interesting fact. Much of Asia and Africa practice polygamy. Polygamy has two forms, polygyny ( one man, multiple wives ) and a rarer form, which was once more common and widespread, polyandry ( several men and one wife ). The only place in the world where it's legal still is Gabon. South African women are pushing for it to have a quality with the men who are allowed to practice polygyny. It is still common in some tribes in Nigeria and Kenya. It is most common in several different tribes in India. It occurs in Tibet ( China ) and at one time 70% of the tribes in the Amazon practice it now only the Tupi-Kawahib tribe still practices it. Another twist on marriage that most people aren't aware of. Many North American Indian tribes allowed the bravest of the braves to take male wives. I found all that interesting, hope you did too. have a great night. Marriage, it seems, is and always has been, a lot more than anyone can give it credit for.

Let's start with fixing traditional marriage. When the percentage of divorce is down into the low single digits, maybe we can look at other issues. As it is now, we need to remove the wooden beam from our own eye before starting to work on the splinter in another's eye.

Same sex marriage does not harm anyone. Chances are good that couple had been in a relationship for years before they were married.

Banning gay marriage does not ban being gay. And that is your real issue.
I have no issues whatosever with gays. But gay marriage which implies gay sex is an abomination and harms all of society, as do all acts of immorality.

I have no issues whatosever with gays. But gay marriage which implies gay sex is an abomination and harms all of society, as do all acts of immorality.

They only effect you if you are peeping in bedroom windows. Stop doing that and it won't be an issue.

No, acts of what you call immorality do not harm society. There have been homosexuals since the beginning of humans. Recognizing their marriage does not increase the number of homosexuals or the volume of homosexual sex.

Then you have to be talking about government, yes? If not, then whom?

I have no problem with the gov't presiding over civil courts. Or the state doing that.

It is asking the gov't for permission and the gov't granting special benefits that bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back