It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you feel the need to troll so heavily and lie? I've invited you to debate civilly. Why have you decided not to do so?
I just want yo stick to the op and what is relevant to the op

Yet you accuse me of trolling

I am happy to proceed

This quote has been analyzed many times. It's important to understand the context of which it was written. and that was that some women were dressing gaudily in the synogogue and drawing attention away from the proceedings, and thus the part about modesty.
No, that is not what I asked.

I asked "Is the equality of women immoral?". Then you asked me to rephrase and I pointed out the scripture that women should not be over men.

Let me see if I can rephrase it so you can actually answer the question.

Is it immoral for a woman to teach men?
No, it is not.

OK. We'll proceed.
Can I just be proactive and be the first to suggest we discuss your gay experiences in college and how they relate to the op or do I need to wait until you accuse me of trolling again?

I think I will be more proactive

Can I just be proactive and be the first to suggest we discuss your gay experiences in college and how they relate to the op or do I need to wait until you accuse me of trolling again?

I think I will be more proactive
OK, I guess you want to keep trolling. Do it on your own.

ONLY for Jews and ONLY under certain circumstances. Should you want a permanent Jewish slave then give him a wife and he must either leave his wife and children at the end of service or become a permanent slave. You get more slaves either way.

People that were not Jews were to be permanent slaves period and they were also inherited by your sons so even in the death of the owner they remained slaves.
Yep. Jewish slaves had to be released in the jubilee year. Non-Jewish slaves were permanent and other than some rules on their treatment, it was a pretty crappy life.

This quote has been analyzed many times. It's important to understand the context of which it was written. and that was that some women were dressing gaudily in the synogogue and drawing attention away from the proceedings, and thus the part about modesty.
Laws of modesty pre-date Synagogues.

Yep. Jewish slaves had to be released in the jubilee year. Non-Jewish slaves were permanent and other than some rules on their treatment, it was a pretty crappy life.
Mash already ran away because he knows he cannot provide an answer to the slavery issue that is not blatantly evil.

The guy who rose from the dead is ultimately running things.
No, or at least not yet. Ever pray as such?
"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven."
(Matthew 6:9,10)

Has His Kingdom Come? Is His will being done on Earth? No? So who is running things? And if a Christian takes up a position of authority in some Earthly government on Earth whose side is he really on?

No, or at least not yet. Ever pray as such?
"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven."
(Matthew 6:9,10)

Has His Kingdom Come? Is His will being done on Earth? No? So who is running things? And if a Christian takes up a position of authority in some Earthly government on Earth whose side is he really on?
His own. He has forsaken God.

Bible Slavery was the same as Black slavery.

You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life.

Making slaves, slaves for life is the same thing as Black slavery.

There is no way around it.
Not remotely. Biblical slavery was where a family went to get their debts taken care of and their family fed. Colonial black slavery was coerced from the start. Had no relation to debt.

I don't. Slavery is immoral. There were 2 classes of slaves, but neither was good. There is a reason Rabbis found a way out of it.
You said biblical slavery was moral, which is what I said. We agree on that.

Not remotely. Biblical slavery was where a family went to get their debts taken care of and their family fed. Colonial black slavery was coerced from the start. Had no relation to debt.
Are you nuts? Biblical slavery was mostly about the women and children and the odd men you had not slaughtered in battle. And that was not a whole barrel of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back