I've heard it on here so much enough is enough

First liberals on this board or some liberals claim that the founding fathers of this country were liberals. What I want to address is which liberal policy would the founders of America support?
Give their names and the policy.

Really ignorant rw's will sometimes whine that Dems started the KKK, yadda yadda.

FACT is consevatives started the KKK. They were called Dems in those days and the Rs were the party of progress and education ans science.

Its the opposite now.

Now, the Rs are racist haters who want an end to progress and education and science.

Go look at the racism threads and look at who is posting the ignorant hate.

Its not the Dem/libs.

Democrats were democrats, ask lester maddox, george c wallace and all members of the KKK, they didn't claim to be democrats masquerading as conservatives they were flat out registered democrats.

Both Southern Republicans and Southen Democrats had one thing in common

They were both Conservatives

Really ignorant rw's will sometimes whine that Dems started the KKK, yadda yadda.

FACT is consevatives started the KKK. They were called Dems in those days and the Rs were the party of progress and education ans science.

Its the opposite now.

Now, the Rs are racist haters who want an end to progress and education and science.

Go look at the racism threads and look at who is posting the ignorant hate.

Its not the Dem/libs.

Democrats were democrats, ask lester maddox, george c wallace and all members of the KKK, they didn't claim to be democrats masquerading as conservatives they were flat out registered democrats.

democrats founded the KKK.

There were both democrats and republicans in the KKK

On thing they had in common.....Conservatives

'Fraid not. A small band of six confederate veterans founded it. Around a Christmas Day campfire in Pulaski Tennessee in 1865 to be exact.

The KKK was never a political organization anyway; they were of course a terrorist org but what they called themselves was a "fraternal organization".

Poor you, start the pity party. More whine. :eusa_boohoo:

What I did was pointed out the folly of taking some historical figure out of his historical context. The OP stupid question does the same thing. It's fallacious no matter who does it.

And guess what Einstein -- that's why I never took the OP question seriously. He's been beating the same question to death in another thread and it's just as silly there. Same reason. DUH. So by the time I got to your fallacy it was a reiteration.

Have a look back -- I didn't come here to address that. I came to correct the definition of terms. This just in -- it's not necessary to entertain silly questions.

Who knew.

Again, take a Midol for your persecution complex.

OK, I have a side. I'm on the side of fucking linear time. So sue me. :cuckoo:

That would take two. I can only lead the horse to water; can't force it to think. Your failure to do so doesn't make your hack phrase come to life.

Nor does it make me part of the Borg. :talk2hand:

In summary: You're right because you say you are, and demanding different standards for different groups does NOT make you a hypocrite.

All righty then.

You need to come out of that suit. Methinks you've got the bends.

I proffered no "standards for different groups". YOU did.
Really? Where did I do that -- before or after you said you couldn't be bothered to criticize your fellow lefties for doing the exact same thing you criticized me for doing?
Unfortunately I'm no more responsible for your posts than for anyone else's. Just mine.
Write that 500 times until it sinks in.
You're responsible only for your own posts, and I've never suggested otherwise.

You alone are responsible for your hypocrisy.

You're stubborn in your blatant dishonesty huh?
In no way have I been dishonest. That claim is simply not credible.
It WASN'T. MY. POINT. Exactly what part of that escapes your synapse?

Why are you afraid to just ask the poster who posted it?
Are you being dumb on purpose? You're claiming I'm arguing a point completely different than the one I actually am.

I'm discussing your obvious hypocrisy. I can understand why you're desperate to make it about something different.

Communism today is no threat to the United States. No need to invade and have Americans killed to stop the threat

Kennedy fought the Communist threat of 1961. To assume we need the same anti- communist policy that Kennedy had is moronic

But then again......you are the daveman
I never said it was a threat to the US. I said it was a bad thing. Apparently, you disagree.
Terrorism is bad.......Communism is not a threat
But it's still bad.

Why are you unable to say that? Is the conditioning simply too strong?
Now...go back to justifying how JFK is Conservative

Peace Corps, Civil Rights, Medicare, anti poverty programs

Sounds liberal to me...are you suddenly pro healthcare?
Lower taxes, advocating personal responsibility, calling for people to serve the nation instead of asking for handouts...

Conservative. No question.

I never said it was a threat to the US. I said it was a bad thing. Apparently, you disagree.
Terrorism is bad.......Communism is not a threat

Now...go back to justifying how JFK is Conservative

Peace Corps, Civil Rights, Medicare, anti poverty programs

Sounds liberal to me...are you suddenly pro healthcare?

Only an ignorant partisan idiot would argue JFK was a ‘conservative.’
Only an ignorant partisan idiot would argue the Founding Fathers were just like today's liberals.

You know, what the OP was talking about.

Progressives are pragmatists, they seek the best course of action based on facts and evidence, not partisan ideology and dogma; they embrace change and diversity and advocate for a consistent application of the Constitution and its case law.

Conservatives not only seek to keep things the way they are, but as fearful reactionaries they seek to turn back the hands of time, they pursue a myth of an idealized American past, a fantasy that never existed in the first place. As reactionaries conservatives fear change, diversity, and dissent and are often at odds with the Constitution and its case law accordingly.
I'm not sure which is more disturbing -- the fact that you believe that, or the fact that you vote based on it.

he believes it.....he is one of them FAR Lefties....just saying that "Progressives" dont do Partisan ideology and dogma settled that....Jones is one of the most Partisan people here....
I've already laid claim that my vote cancels out PinkoJoe's. Who wants to cancel out Jonesy's?

If JFK was a conservative, what was Nixon? What was Goldwater? What was LBJ?
Which of today's liberals believe "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country"?

I'm not surprised you have no idea where Nixon, Goldwater, and LBJ fall on the political spectrum,

given your comical opinion of JFK.
Which of today's liberals believe "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country"?

Hint: None of them.

I still like Air Bases and Naval Bases.......helps project global power

Most Army bases have been closed

i like them too RW....but Europe should be able to defend themselves....

I agree

But having a place to deploy from in that theatre comes in handy

Deploy where? You said Communism is no threat, so obviously we don't need to counter the Russians.

Perhaps you need a little more time to think about this.

If JFK was a conservative, what was Nixon? What was Goldwater? What was LBJ?

JFK was calling on that generation to serve their government in peaceful goals the way they had served it in war, in the past.

Nice try though.
Well, that's an interesting spin. You see, the government does not equate to the nation.

When I was in uniform, I served the nation -- NOT the government.

Do progressives simply not grasp the difference?

In summary: You're right because you say you are, and demanding different standards for different groups does NOT make you a hypocrite.

All righty then.

Really? Where did I do that -- before or after you said you couldn't be bothered to criticize your fellow lefties for doing the exact same thing you criticized me for doing?
Unfortunately I'm no more responsible for your posts than for anyone else's. Just mine.

Yeah you did. Most recently -- directly above.

See the bold part above? You made that up.

strawmanargument.jpg

Last edited:

JFK was calling on that generation to serve their government in peaceful goals the way they had served it in war, in the past.

Nice try though.
Well, that's an interesting spin. You see, the government does not equate to the nation.

It never ceases to amaze me how Consevatives can contort Kennedy's call for public service......Ask not what your country can do for you......and turn it into an anti-social program declaration

Almost as bad as the way they contort MLKs I have a dream speech

Last edited:

Yeah you did. Most recently -- directly above.

See the bold part above? You made that up.

strawmanargument.jpg
Not really, but I'm tired of this. Let's talk about something really important: Boobs.

Nice try though.

It never ceases to amaze me how Consevatives can contort Kennedy's call for public service......Ask not what your country can do for you......and turn it into an anti-social program declaration

Almost as bad as the way he contort MLKs I have a dream speech

Yes, I've seen liberals claim MLK's speech meant he supported judging people by their race.

Pathetic, huh?

Forum List

Back