Jesus the Victorious, in Islam

I asked how he knows that Jesus isn't who the apostles who walked with Him testified He was. I received no answer.

why should we disbelieve those who witnessed the resurrection of Christ for someone who lived hundreds of years later?

more importantly why should we disbelieve the Holy spirit when He testifies that Jesus is the Son of God? Or when He testifies that Jesus died and rose from the dead? Why should we believe man over God?

why should we believe prophets have ceased when the Spirit of prophesy is active in the Church? Or when prophets have been promised to the church until we come to a unity of the faith? And when two prophets have been promised to defend Jerusalem with power before Christ returns?

why should we believe the words of someone who freely admits they have never bothered to read the bible? Or any other Holy Scripture?

people are free to worship as they choose. Choose whom you will serve but me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Haha don't you just love it?
The religions of love, peace and compassion just love to verbally bash each others brains in and given half a chance would love to do it for real.
Each insisting their imaginary god is better than the others imaginary god.
If there are gods up there in skyfairy heaven don't you think it is about time they showed themselves to their adoring (deluded) followers?
Maybe the sight of one of them might just persuade everyone that squabbling over imaginary beings and fairytales isn't loving, peaceful or compassionate.

What makes you think the Lord isn't revealing Himself to the faithful? I have no doubt that someday I will touch the wounds in the palms, wrists, side, and feet.

many have received a more sure word of prophesy and many will continue to receive it

When I read a book, news arcticle or any literature I get the gist, the intent, the information of whatever that piece is conveying.
What you are telling me is if I believe in magical skyfaries I will get some supernatural hidden message from the bibull?
Like I said...BULLSHIT!

If you aren't going to seriously look at the evidence is there really any surprise you don't believe?

I speak from the knowledge of the saints of Islam.

When Gabriel (peace on him) appeared before Mary, she was terrified, though she was a saintly woman. If Gabriel breathed into her of the Spirit of God at that time, it would have been unbearable to humans to look at the face of Jesus. But Gabriel facilitated for Mary to reach a definite spiritual state, so as for her to be tranquilized. Then he breathed into her of the Spirit of God. God says in the Qur'an (it's not Muhammad who says it, it's God Almighty who says it, and who says everything that is said in the Qur'an):

"She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah, God) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah." He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son" She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed." So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

When Gabriel (peace on him) appeared before Mary, she was terrified, though she was a saintly woman. If Gabriel breathed into her of the Spirit of God at that time, it would have been unbearable to humans to look at the face of Jesus. But Gabriel facilitated for Mary to reach a definite spiritual state, so as for her to be tranquilized. Then he breathed into her of the Spirit of God. God says in the Qur'an (it's not Muhammad who says it, it's God Almighty who says it, and who says everything that is said in the Qur'an):

"She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah, God) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah." He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son" She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed." So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

In that story, did she lay with Gabriel? Or did he breathe into her the spirit of God in some other way?

Ashtara,

Like I said, Gabriel (peace on him) breathed into Mary (may God have mercy on her) of the spirit of God. Understand it literally.

Jesus, like Adam, is born without a father.

My discussions are not intended for extremists. You are clearly an extremist.

Do yourself a favour, realize you are only talking to yourself, not to me.

Where exactly do you get all this bunk? Not from the new testament, I am sure.

I speak as a Muslim.

Allah Almighty (God Almighty) willed that Jesus symbolizes victory. Jesus met with enmity and was considered a liar, but Allah Almighty gave him miracles that discarded all doubts about him. Jesus came with most clear signs, reviving the dead, healing the born blind and the lepers, etc. As such, Allah meant that Jesus represents absolute victory.

Jesus was not killed. He was raised to heavens, while the one who betrayed him was made to look like him, and was thus crucified.

This is the wisdom behind his supposed coming back in the end times. It means in the end times there will be absolute victory of God, and that means absolute victory of Muhammad and Islam, his religion, peace be upon him and his family. That is not done by the sword. When God wants to crush you, He only needs to say be, and it is.

The purpose of this thread is to give facts about Jesus, or some of his teachings, according to the traditional knowledge in Islam. Feel free to participate.

I would appreciate it if you and yours would just go ahead on with YOUR end times and leave the rest of us out of it.

if reading the bible makes me an extremist then so be it. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter instead of pretending you can go through life in ignorance

if reading the bible makes me an extremist then so be it. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter instead of pretending you can go through life in ignorance
The above is an illustration of the problem with your approach to belief. Even the errors, inconsistencies and falsehoods of the various bibles you would sweep aside in favor of believing in what makes you feel good. You prefer the feel-good -- even if it's untrue -- rather than the truth, which may be uncomfortable.

My cirticism is less a cricism of you as it is an attempt to eplore this for people who are reading it and not clear on how most theists operate. You indeed are the typical theist in this manner.

What they felt is of no importance. What the truth is, is of great importance. I am not spinning your thoughts, I am simply compiling your litany of descriptions of the bibles and noting that it qualifies as a "mess". The bible is full of contradictions and supernatural mumbo-jumbo, talking serpents, a claim to giants living "in those days" and so on. It's a mess of mythology which lingers to this day. For instance, you seem to believe Jesus died for your sins and was resurrected. This, despite the fallacious and inconsistent nature of the bibles, which is the blueprint for your belief system.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back