Jobs report: Labor Participation Rate remains at lowest level since Jimmy Carter presidency

The US is on the precipice of economic catastrophe.
No it isn't, stop being such a damn drama queen, it is embarrassing to see.

No? Oh... Ok.

Never mind folks, the Left says everything is gonna be fine. And just because they said EXACTLY the SAME THING when we were saying that "Fairness" was a poor substitute for actuarial lending principle... and that such would inevitably crash the financial markets... don't let THAT concern ya.

They could be right this time, despite the laws of nature requiring otherwise... .

The Labor Participation rate has been going down for 15 years....why is anyone surprised?
Wouldn't that have been during Clinton's Presidency?

Yes... the LPR went UP dramatically after the 94 Conservative Revolution which stripped large percentages of Welfare from the US Federal System, but as Conservative Legislators went back to work in the Private Sector, the "Moderates" who replaced them quickly ran to reinstate the Welfare... and as welfare increases, labor participation, decreases. Can't happen any other way.

The Labor Participation rate has been going down for 15 years....why is anyone surprised?
But it has been CRASHING only since 2009.

After decades of rising once Kennedy's tax cut took effect in 1963, and Reagan's tax cuts in 1981.

aaa2_1329.jpg
Of course, if you adjust for Boomers retiring, the LPR has been steadily rising since the bottom of the Bush Depression. Once a Republican is elected the Right will only use a retirement adjusted LPR.
DON'T DOUBT ME!!!!!

1386514251.png.CROP.original-original.png

Yes... the LPR went UP dramatically after the 94 Conservative Revolution which stripped large percentages of Welfare from the US Federal System, but as Conservative Legislators went back to work in the Private Sector, the "Moderates" who replaced them quickly ran to reinstate the Welfare... and as welfare increases, labor participation, decreases. Can't happen any other way.

When someone with low level skills can make almost or just as much sitting on their ass as they could working using those low level skills, there is no incentive for them to work. It's the same with unemployment compensation.

In January 2009, the Labor Force was 154,210,000 and in November 2014, it's 156,397,000, a gain of 2,187,000
U.S. population grew from 306 million to 318 million during the same period, a gain of 12 million.

Work force participation fell FAR behind population gain during the Obama administration, for the reasons given in the OP.

Nice try.
I was responding to the specific claim the 11 million people left the labor force. That is not true.
The main point, though is that of the 92,447,000 people who are Not in the Labor Force....85,902,000 do not want a job. That's 34.5% of the population that does not want to work.

In January 2009, it was 74,281,000 who did not want a job....31.9% of the population.

So the reason the Labor Force Participation Rate has gone down is that a lower percent of the population wants to work.

When someone with low level skills can make almost or just as much sitting on their ass as they could working using those low level skills, there is no incentive for them to work. It's the same with unemployment compensation.

Yep... spot on.

Yep... spot on.

My point of asking rightwinger about it being during the Clinton presidency is to see if he would blame previous Presidents for having caused it. I've found that Bush got blamed for 9/11 by many like rightwinger because it happened during his time in office.

In strictly financial terms.....The Smart Money is migrating from The Work Force to the Federal Plantation.

In January 2009, the Labor Force was 154,210,000 and in November 2014, it's 156,397,000, a gain of 2,187,000
U.S. population grew from 306 million to 318 million during the same period, a gain of 12 million.

Work force participation fell FAR behind population gain during the Obama administration, for the reasons given in the OP.

Nice try.
I was responding to the specific claim the 11 million people left the labor force. That is not true.
The main point, though is that of the 92,447,000 people who are Not in the Labor Force....85,902,000 do not want a job. That's 34.5% of the population that does not want to work.

In January 2009, it was 74,281,000 who did not want a job....31.9% of the population.

So the reason the Labor Force Participation Rate has gone down is that a lower percent of the population wants to work.

As a general rule, 10% of every organization is comprised entirely of Malcontents. These are included in the 30% that are counter productive, serving as dead weight to the organization. The human species is no exception... .

Yep... spot on.

My point of asking rightwinger about it being during the Clinton presidency is to see if he would blame previous Presidents for having caused it. I've found that Bush got blamed for 9/11 by many like rightwinger because it happened during his time in office.

Yeah... I get that. The problem is that 'Rightwinger' is an imbecile. I just thought I'd bypass all the weeping and gnashing of its rotten tooth... and just note the facts.

I was going to test his hypocrisy level and see if he would blame Clinton because he was President just like his type blame Bush for 9/11 for the same reason.

Yep... spot on.

Yeah... I get that. The problem is that 'Rightwinger' is an imbecile. I just thought I'd bypass all the weeping and gnashing of its rotten tooth... and just note the facts.

I was going to test his hypocrisy level and see if he would blame Clinton because he was President just like his type blame Bush for 9/11 for the same reason.

Do you have the "Rightwinger" mod-app for your hypocrisy meter? Without it, there's no means to measure it, as it's hypocrisy is out of scale.

Who did not know this morning when they heard the incredible good news about the increase in unemployment, that the right wing tards would find a way to piss on it?

Is anyone surprised by this topic or the clones of it?

Me neither.:badgrin:

On the other hand 312000 jobs were added last month...a direct result of congress passing legislation that HARRY Reid immediately acted on and our genius president signed into law. Working together for America.

A lot of that is seasonal hiring leading up to Christmas....
Except for that whole seasonally adjusted thing.

The seasonally adjusted figures show a net increase of only 4K, bub. You only get the 321K gain by looking at non-farm employment. And the BLS plays a lot of games with the seasonal adjustments. The most meaningful fact in these stats is the low Labor Force Participation Rate at 62.8%.

November employed 147,287
October employed 143,283

Summary table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

Best year for job gains since 1999...

Wait. You mean BETTER THAN EVERY YEAR BUSH WAS IN OFFICE?

Better than EVERY YEAR THE GOP CONTROLLED THE CONGRESS UNDER BUSH?

rgxs78.jpg

WAAAAAH!

Forum List

Back