Jobs report: Labor Participation Rate remains at lowest level since Jimmy Carter presidency

unemployment_linex_.jpg

From your last link:

There were, at the same time, another 115,000 on the unemployment line. That disparity can be explained through an expanding labor force, which grew 119,000, though the participation rate among that group remained at 62.8 percent, which is just off the year's worst level and around a 36-year low.

In other words, it's ABOVE the 36 year low, and ABOVE the year's worst level. Ay caramba. CNS is total bs and CNBC is cowardly bought off corporate negative. Many thanks to the loudmouth, 24/7 negative GOP for all their "help" for the economy, hater dupe. 321K is more than what meant "full recovery" for 5 years. Pass a gd jobs act and training for 3million tech jobs, a-holes. An immigration bill would help GREATLY too. Let 'em vote, Boehner, you bought off shytte.

How does this clown breath and post at the same time?

At least no more phony crises and shutdowns, so this can FINALLY happen. A-holes!

WTF are you mumbling about?
Apparently you like the sound of your own voice.
STUPID debt crises and gov't shutdowns and and threats, which accomplished NOTHING and cost the economy 1%+ each time, dupe.

Wall Street has never had a President in the pocket as much as Obama. No one else even comes close. Shows you how much you know.
Sure, dumbass. No Kochs or Adelson Murddoch lying scumbags behind Obama.

At least no more phony crises and shutdowns, so this can FINALLY happen. A-holes!

WTF are you mumbling about?
Apparently you like the sound of your own voice.
STUPID debt crises and gov't shutdowns and and threats, which accomplished NOTHING and cost the economy 1%+ each time, dupe.

Wall Street has never had a President in the pocket as much as Obama. No one else even comes close. Shows you how much you know.
Sure, dumbass. No Kochs or Adelson Murddoch lying scumbags behind Obama.

Simply unbelievable!

SorosOBAMA.jpg

The Obama recession continues, as the number of people not working exceeds anything seen since Jimmy Carter's "malaise" presidency in 1978.

At the same time, the Obama administration continues to increase regulations and demands on employers to pay more and more for unnecessary changes to workplace conditions, health care insurance, and "free" extra vacations for employees, diminishing the funds available for hiring and job creation.

-----------------------------------------------------

Labor Force Participation Remains at 36-Year Low CNS News

Labor Force Participation Remains at 36-Year Low

by Ali Meyer
December 5, 2014 - 9:17 AM

(CNSNews.com) - The labor force participation rate remained at a 36-year low of 62.8 percent in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The participation rate, which is the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population who participated in the labor force by either having a job during the month or actively seeking one, was 62.8 percent in November which matches the percentage since March 1978.

In November, according to BLS, the nation’s civilian noninstitutional population, consisting of all people 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 248,844,000. Of those, 156,397,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 156,397,000 who participated in the labor force was 62.8 percent of the 248,844,000 civilian noninsttutional population, which matches the 62.8 percent rate in April, May, June, August and October of 2014 as well as the participation rate in March of 1978. The participation rate hit its lowest level of 62.7 percent in September 2014.

Another 92,447,000 people did not participate in the labor force. These Americans did not have a job and were not actively trying to find one. When President Obama took office in January 2009, there were 80,529,000 Americans who were not participating in the office, which means that since then, 11,918,000 Americans have left the workforce.
If we had a republican president right now, would you be more interested in discussing how many jobs were created this month versus ONLY whining about the labor participation?

The Obama recession continues, as the number of people not working exceeds anything seen since Jimmy Carter's "malaise" presidency in 1978.

At the same time, the Obama administration continues to increase regulations and demands on employers to pay more and more for unnecessary changes to workplace conditions, health care insurance, and "free" extra vacations for employees, diminishing the funds available for hiring and job creation.

by Ali Meyer

(CNSNews.com) - The labor force participation rate remained at a 36-year low of 62.8 percent in November, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The participation rate, which is the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population who participated in the labor force by either having a job during the month or actively seeking one, was 62.8 percent in November which matches the percentage since March 1978.

In November, according to BLS, the nation’s civilian noninstitutional population, consisting of all people 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 248,844,000. Of those, 156,397,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 156,397,000 who participated in the labor force was 62.8 percent of the 248,844,000 civilian noninsttutional population, which matches the 62.8 percent rate in April, May, June, August and October of 2014 as well as the participation rate in March of 1978. The participation rate hit its lowest level of 62.7 percent in September 2014.

Another 92,447,000 people did not participate in the labor force. These Americans did not have a job and were not actively trying to find one. When President Obama took office in January 2009, there were 80,529,000 Americans who were not participating in the office, which means that since then, 11,918,000 Americans have left the workforce.
If we had a republican president right now, would you be more interested in discussing how many jobs were created this month versus ONLY whining about the labor participation?

BUT WE DON'T.... get back into reality and not your fucking make believe world!

320,000 jobs for November, best job growth in 15 years, it sucks to be the far right
I just don't understand these people. I don't disagree that a low labor participation rate is a problem but the fact they don't even acknowledge the big job growth makes them so transparent. They'll blame Obama for anything negative but won't give him any credit for ANYTHING positive.

Of course I agree it is debateable how much Obama has to do with either one of those facts, but the rightwing on here is so disingenuous about this subject.

From your last link:

There were, at the same time, another 115,000 on the unemployment line. That disparity can be explained through an expanding labor force, which grew 119,000, though the participation rate among that group remained at 62.8 percent, which is just off the year's worst level and around a 36-year low.

In other words, it's ABOVE the 36 year low, and ABOVE the year's worst level. Ay caramba. CNS is total bs and CNBC is cowardly bought off corporate negative. Many thanks to the loudmouth, 24/7 negative GOP for all their "help" for the economy, hater dupe. 321K is more than what meant "full recovery" for 5 years. Pass a gd jobs act and training for 3million tech jobs, a-holes. An immigration bill would help GREATLY too. Let 'em vote, Boehner, you bought off shytte.

How does this clown breath and post at the same time?

Great argument lol. Greedy idiot billionaire provided propaganda and stupid insults' hater chump. If Boehner allowed a vote, it would pass, jump the economy, and stop illegal immigration with a good SS ID card, FOREVER. Mindless fool.

320,000 jobs for November, best job growth in 15 years, it sucks to be the far right
I just don't understand these people. I don't disagree that a low labor participation rate is a problem but the fact they don't even acknowledge the big job growth makes them so transparent. They'll blame Obama for anything negative but won't give him any credit for ANYTHING positive.

Of course I agree it is debateable how much Obama has to do with either one of those facts, but the rightwing on here is so disingenuous about this subject.
We've got quite a ways to go, bitches. :slap:

food-2.jpg

by Ali Meyer

I don't deny the labor participation rate is a problem. I'm saying it is so typical for a RW poster on here to think that's all that matters. It somehow trumps the job creation record all this time. Thats bullshit.

A VAST majority of this JOB GROWTH are min. wage, slightly higher paid jobs and PART TIME... do you ever look at the demographics of these reports?

You do realize what seasonal job hiring is right? You do realize that more people have entered the job market than started working right? You do realize the EVERY TIME THEY REPORT GOOD JOB NUMBERS THEY COME BACK AND ADJUST DOWN the next month admitting they were wrong, right?

food-2.jpg
Oh yes never mind the fact that despite the higher rate of food stamps, the overall cost of the program is lower...

by Ali Meyer

I don't deny the labor participation rate is a problem. I'm saying it is so typical for a RW poster on here to think that's all that matters. It somehow trumps the job creation record all this time. Thats bullshit.

Tell that to the 92.4 MILLION OUT OF WORK, and the 20+% of all retail stores that have closed up!

food-2.jpg
Oh yes never mind the fact that despite the higher rate of food stamps, the overall cost of the program is lower...
So, Obama has become more efficient at keeping the masses satiated.

That's a good Nazi. :thup:

80% of the country now knows the resistance from the far right is simply because they have a black president.

Their unreasoning hatred of a black man approaches the awful intensity with which the left hated Nixon.

You do realize what seasonal job hiring is right? You do realize that more people have entered the job market than started working right? You do realize the EVERY TIME THEY REPORT GOOD JOB NUMBERS THEY COME BACK AND ADJUST DOWN the next month admitting they were wrong, right?
Are you kidding me? Seasonal job growth happens in any season.

Tell me rather than putting all the blame on Obama, why not put any blame on the job creators themselves, you hypocrite.

Forum List

Back