Jobs report: Labor Participation Rate remains at lowest level since Jimmy Carter presidency

I just don't understand these people. I don't disagree that a low labor participation rate is a problem but the fact they don't even acknowledge the big job growth makes them so transparent. They'll blame Obama for anything negative but won't give him any credit for ANYTHING positive.

Of course I agree it is debateable how much Obama has to do with either one of those facts, but the rightwing on here is so disingenuous about this subject.

A VAST majority of this JOB GROWTH are min. wage, slightly higher paid jobs and PART TIME... do you ever look at the demographics of these reports?
Are you implying that's all Obama's fault? Lol dude get real.

BUT triple zero, anything GOOD that has happened under the Manchurian muslim is due to him, he has to also claim the bad, as the BUCK STOPS WITH HIM!!!
Like I said I don't necessarily blame Obama for any of the economic reports. My point is you RWs love to pin ONLY the negative on him.
I don't just blame Obama, I blame people like... well like you.
I blame Boosh and his corrupt cronies for the meltdown, mindless Pub obstructionists who've stalled the recovery, blocked a jobs/infrastructure act, training for 3 million tech jobs, and brainwashed perfectly good people like you into hating their victims. IDIOT.

Great argument lol. Greedy idiot billionaire provided propaganda and stupid insults' hater chump. If Boehner allowed a vote, it would pass, jump the economy, and stop illegal immigration with a good SS ID card, FOREVER. Mindless fool.

Yes, and have additional scumbag, faggot democrats like yourself to deal with, and HOW MANY American would be out of work with an additional 5 million invaders here?... You are so stupid, I'm mad at myself for stooping so low to even answer you, RETARD!
Sure hater dupe. WHAT ADDITIONAL 5 MILLION. They're already here and working jobs Americans won't do. ONLY a good SS ID card will stop new ones, chump.. Too many gd people already lol...

They are working off the books, NOT paying taxes, voting with forged documents causing multiple CRIMES across the country, and COSTING the American people BILLIONS of dollars in welfare, entitlements and SS payments they DO NOT DESERVE.... Fuck you, you piece of fecal matter, you are PART OF THE PROBLEM!
Sure. Pew said in 2007 94% of illegal men worked, 67% paid taxes and 35% OWNED HOMES. With a good SS card, they'd ALL pay taxes, and no more could come. Brainwashed bigot/Idiot.

HOW would Pew KNOW if they were illegal? They ASKED them? LOLOLOL!!!! They are illegal for a reason, NO TAXES!!! Pew is also a LEFT polling service with an agenda, but besides that, THEY ARE BREAKING OUR LAWS and COSTING US BILLIONS... you seem to NOT UNDERSTAND the LOGIC behind this... but then again, you understand LITTLE, if anything!
Moron. Everyone's a lying commie but your bought off HS grad DJ charlatans LOL

A VAST majority of this JOB GROWTH are min. wage, slightly higher paid jobs and PART TIME... do you ever look at the demographics of these reports?
Are you implying that's all Obama's fault? Lol dude get real.

BUT triple zero, anything GOOD that has happened under the Manchurian muslim is due to him, he has to also claim the bad, as the BUCK STOPS WITH HIM!!!
Like I said I don't necessarily blame Obama for any of the economic reports. My point is you RWs love to pin ONLY the negative on him.
I don't just blame Obama, I blame people like... well like you.
I blame Boosh and his corrupt cronies for the meltdown, mindless Pub obstructionists who've stalled the recovery, blocked a jobs/infrastructure act, training for 3 million tech jobs, and brainwashed perfectly good people like you into hating their victims. IDIOT.

I blame your birther! She should not have been such a drinker, look what it did to you! What are the 352 PASSED HOUSE BILLS, MOST BIPARTISAN sitting on "DIRTY HARRY' Reids desk?

fd1704b1cfaba2188bb4b52384c21468.jpg

You are such a fucking moron, it's actually isn't worth any ones time to slap you around!

Yes, and have additional scumbag, faggot democrats like yourself to deal with, and HOW MANY American would be out of work with an additional 5 million invaders here?... You are so stupid, I'm mad at myself for stooping so low to even answer you, RETARD!
Sure hater dupe. WHAT ADDITIONAL 5 MILLION. They're already here and working jobs Americans won't do. ONLY a good SS ID card will stop new ones, chump.. Too many gd people already lol...

They are working off the books, NOT paying taxes, voting with forged documents causing multiple CRIMES across the country, and COSTING the American people BILLIONS of dollars in welfare, entitlements and SS payments they DO NOT DESERVE.... Fuck you, you piece of fecal matter, you are PART OF THE PROBLEM!
Sure. Pew said in 2007 94% of illegal men worked, 67% paid taxes and 35% OWNED HOMES. With a good SS card, they'd ALL pay taxes, and no more could come. Brainwashed bigot/Idiot.

HOW would Pew KNOW if they were illegal? They ASKED them? LOLOLOL!!!! They are illegal for a reason, NO TAXES!!! Pew is also a LEFT polling service with an agenda, but besides that, THEY ARE BREAKING OUR LAWS and COSTING US BILLIONS... you seem to NOT UNDERSTAND the LOGIC behind this... but then again, you understand LITTLE, if anything!
Moron. Everyone's a lying commie but your bought off HS grad DJ charlatans LOL

Intelligent comeback! Perhaps you'll leave, but I hope not, I enjoy showing the members what fucking fools subversive scum really are!

They're costing billions because Pubs block a good SS/ID card. Nobody doubts Pew but Pubtrolls.

Sen. Jenkins is a lying POS or misinformed.

They're costing billions because Pubs block a good SS/ID card. Nobody doubts Pew but Pubtrolls.

Sen. Jenkins is a lying POS or misinformed.

Listen scumbag, we KNOW that these people are only of interest to you subversive democRATS as tools to keep power, and control of the gov't. If they didn't hold that fascination to you bastards, they could die in the desert for all you would care! So your BULLSHIT is just that, BULLSHIT, we KNOW the answer!

320,000 jobs for November, best job growth in 15 years, it sucks to be the far right
I just don't understand these people. I don't disagree that a low labor participation rate is a problem but the fact they don't even acknowledge the big job growth makes them so transparent. They'll blame Obama for anything negative but won't give him any credit for ANYTHING positive.

Of course I agree it is debateable how much Obama has to do with either one of those facts, but the rightwing on here is so disingenuous about this subject.
You do realize what seasonal job hiring is right? You do realize that more people have entered the job market than started working right? You do realize the EVERY TIME THEY REPORT GOOD JOB NUMBERS THEY COME BACK AND ADJUST DOWN the next month admitting they were wrong, right?
Apparently you don't realize that the numbers are seasonally adjusted to filter out regular seasonal changes. The not seasonally adjusted change was +497,000, and was adjusted down to +321,000.
And there is no pattern to the revisions…the October job numbers were adjusted up.

320,000 jobs for November, best job growth in 15 years, it sucks to be the far right

And the Manchurian Republican CHEERS!!!!! while 92.4 MILLION are out of work... You have completely lost all relevance!
Actually, it's 101,557,000. 9,110,000 unemployed, 6,545,000 say they want a job, but aren't doing anything about it (over half haven't done anything about work in the last year) and 85,902,000 who don't want a job (mostly retirees, disabled, students, and stay home spouses)

And the Manchurian Republican CHEERS!!!!! while 92.4 MILLION are out of work... You have completely lost all relevance!
Actually, it's 101,557,000. 9,110,000 unemployed, 6,545,000 say they want a job, but aren't doing anything about it (over half haven't done anything about work in the last year) and 85,902,000 who don't want a job (mostly retirees, disabled, students, and stay home spouses)

And that is good?....Please!

It's quite a bit different from your characterization of "out of work." The majority of those not working is by choice.

People are arguing over semantics of how to phrase this mass of people not working seems silly to me. Whether they want work or not is irrelevant in my view. Clearly, over 100,000,000 people not working isn't economically sustainable regardless of whether they want a job or not.

It's quite a bit different from your characterization of "out of work." The majority of those not working is by choice.

When NO WORK is available it IS a choice!!!!

People are arguing over semantics of how to phrase this mass of people not working seems silly to me. Whether they want work or not is irrelevant in my view. Clearly, over 100,000,000 people not working isn't economically sustainable regardless of whether they want a job or not.
The percent not working is still lower than any time before 1978. So no, it's not necessarily bad.

The percent not working is still lower than any time before 1978. So no, it's not necessarily bad.
I don't know where you are getting this. You have it exactly backwards, the labor force participation rate is the lowest rate since 1978. 1978 wasn't particularly a roaring year economically. When you compound this low labor participation rate with outstanding debt from entitlements, the picture isn't looking good to put it mildly.

I don't know where you are getting this. You have it exactly backwards, the labor force participation rate is the lowest rate since 1978.
And higher than any time before that:
fredgraph.png

Can you organize your post better? Anyways, I agree, demographics effect the participation rate as well. The fact that the baby boomer generation retiring en masse at the moment doesn't somehow make the situation less gloomy, it makes it worse, we won't be able to sustain this large amount of retirees without systemic reform. At this rate, Social Security will go bankrupt by 2033 and Medicare by 2024.

Forum List

Back