Joe Biden is a "Well Meaning Elderly Man"

Prosecutor made exactly zero direct comment about competency to stand trial.

Prosecutor implicitly says that in fact Biden WAS competent by talking about how jury would perceive Biden DURING TRIAL.

You fools are full of bs.

Maybe you should try actually reading some of the report.

In addition. Mr. Biden's memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office in 2023. memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office in 2023. And his cooperation with our investigation, including by reporting to the government that the Afghanistan documents were in his Delaware garage, will likely convince some jurors that he made an innocent mistake, rather than acting willfully-that is, with intent to break the law-as the statute requires.

In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden's memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ("in 2009, am I still Vice President?").839 He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died.81rn And his memory appeared hazy when describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him. Among other things, he mistakenly said he "had a real difference" of opinion with General Karl Eikenberry, when, in fact, Eikenberry was an ally whom Mr. Eiden cited approvingly in his Thanksgiving memo to President Obama.

The special counsel clearly believed that Biden's memory was diminished. They also believed that any jury would see exactly what they did.

defends his memory and confuses the President of Mexico with the President of Egypt.

So in other words prosecutor was correct. Biden could reasonably be found a good intentioned man who forgot to return the documents.

Now think about how much shit Trump is in considering he clearly gave away guilty conscience by obstructing investigation of his willful top-secret document retention and disclosures. No jury would EVER be able to give him the benefit of the doubt on his intentions.

• Fake News
Reactions: DBA
So in other words prosecutor was correct. Biden could reasonably be found a good intentioned man who forgot to return the documents.

Now think about how much shit Trump is in considering he clearly gave away guilty conscience by obstructing investigation of his illegal classified document retention. No jury would EVER be able to give him the benefit of the doubt on his intentions.
🥨 🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨

:rolleyes:

Except that's not what he said. He said Biden had trouble remembering dates during an interview when he was taking time out from dealing with the Gaza crisis.

"Gee, I'm sorry I can't remember who I talked to 8 years ago, but I'm kind of trying to keep World War III from breaking out."

The reality is, Dur didn't have enough to make a referral for impeachment, and he knows it. So let's take a cheap swipe over not remembering dates.

What Hur said was that any jury would likely observe the same inadequacies that they observed and those inadequacies would likely lead them to believe that he wasn't capable of willingly doing wrong. Spin away, but that is an accurate summation of what Hur said in his special report.

Maybe you should try actually reading some of the report.

In addition. Mr. Biden's memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office in 2023. memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office in 2023. And his cooperation with our investigation, including by reporting to the government that the Afghanistan documents were in his Delaware garage, will likely convince some jurors that he made an innocent mistake, rather than acting willfully-that is, with intent to break the law-as the statute requires.

In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden's memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ("in 2009, am I still Vice President?").839 He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died.81rn And his memory appeared hazy when describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him. Among other things, he mistakenly said he "had a real difference" of opinion with General Karl Eikenberry, when, in fact, Eikenberry was an ally whom Mr. Eiden cited approvingly in his Thanksgiving memo to President Obama.

The special counsel clearly believed that Biden's memory was diminished. They also believed that any jury would see exactly what they did.

?? Bad memory means you are are unfit to stand trial? Where the hell did you get such stupid, ludecrous idea?

All it means is that it would be difficult to prove bad intentions (mens rea), especially given Biden's full co-operation with the investigation.

Page1 "we conclude that the evidence does not establish Mr. Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. "

Page4 "we do not believe this evidence is sufficient, as jurors would likely find reasonable doubt for one or more of several reasons."

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

What Jury would there be speak of if prosecutor didn't think Biden is fit to stand trial? Use your damn head.

What part of

Page1 "we conclude that the evidence does not establish Mr. Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. "

Page4 "we do not believe this evidence is sufficient, as jurors would likely find reasonable doubt for one or more of several reasons."

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

Do you not get dumbass?

Because of the lack of willingness, which is related to Biden's "failing memory" and "diminished capacities." Fine, Hur can't recommend for prosecution because of these issues, but it brings into question Biden's ability to lead the country if doesn't have the capacity to willingly do something.

Changes nothing he knew the corrupt assholes in charge who you are just like would never put the geezer on trial!
Someone needs to teach you how to structure a sentence.

If he had actually FOUND something criminal, his option would have been to present his evidence to the house for potential impeachment.

He didn't do that. He admitted there was no criminal intent in retaining these records. Just like there was no criminal intent in the records that Pence retained and self-reported

Because of the lack of willingness, which is related to Biden's "failing memory" and "diminished capacities." Fine, Hur can't recommend for prosecution because of these issues, but it brings into question Biden's ability to lead the country if doesn't have the capacity to willingly do something.

And if Dur were a doctor who conducted a battery of physical and psychological exams, you might have a point.

Instead he is someone who talked to Biden for maybe five hours while the president was trying to keep WWIII from breaking out in the Middle East.

?? Bad memory means you are are unfit to stand trial? Where the hell di you get such stupid, ludecrous idea?

What Jury would there be speak of if prosecutor didn't think Biden would be fit to stand trial? Use your damn head.

What is wrong with you? The special counsel said that one one of the reasons Biden was not charged was because a jury would likely find, as they did, that Biden is a "well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory", therefore, he lacked the capacity to willingly commit this crime.

Last edited:
What Hur said was that any jury would likely observe the same inadequacies that they observed and those inadequacies would likely lead them to believe that he wasn't capable of willingly doing wrong.
Wrong, the question is not of capacity but of there being REASONABLE DOUBT that Biden intended to not return the documents.

What is wrong with you? The special counsel said that one one of the reasons Biden was not charged because a jury would likely find, as they did, that Biden is a "well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory", therefore, he lacked to capacity to willingly commit this crime.

NOPE, it means that they would have REASONABLE DOUBT that he retained documents intentionally, not that he didn't have capacity to do so.

Your conclusion is simply false.

And if Dur were a doctor who conducted a battery of physical and psychological exams, you might have a point.

Instead he is someone who talked to Biden for maybe five hours while the president was trying to keep WWIII from breaking out in the Middle East.

He spent far more time with Biden than any of us have seen of him in the last couple of years. Regardless, the special counsel's perception is hardly a novel one. Anyone watching the man can see his "diminished capacities".

What is wrong with you? The special counsel said that one one of the reasons Biden was not charged because a jury would likely find, as they did, that Biden is a "well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory", therefore, he lacked to capacity to willingly commit this crime.

Depends what you consider "a poor memory". I pride myself on having a pretty good memory (seriously, I almost never lose at Trivial Pursuit, and I usually bat 60% when watching Jeopardy!), but gosh darn, I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner Thursday of last week on a bet.

This case would come down to who packed what documents in what boxes and whether they bothered to read them before they put them in the boxes.

Oh, yeah, and this would have been 8 years ago.

Because of POSSIBLE lack of willingness.

You don't seem to get that jury doesn't need to find that a person lacked capacity for willingness, but that it was reasonably possible that the violation didn't willfully happen.

It was reasonably possible that Biden honestly forgot about those douments. It's as simple as that,stop twisting yourself into pretzels.

Last edited:
He spent far more time with Biden than any of us have seen of him in the last couple of years. Regardless, the special counsel's perception is hardly a novel one. Anyone watching the man can see his "diminished capacities".

Um, actually, I've been watching Biden since the 1980's. He's still pretty much the same Biden, prone to ramble or go off topic.

And still far better than the Human Excrement that is Donald Trump.

Forum List

Back