Joe was bad, Trump was worse

David.. .total exaggeration. I think this will be just fine.

David Plouffe, former President Obama's campaign manager, said on MSNBC. "The concern level is quite high."

1719595729030.png

biden wasn't on his game for sure. disappointed - but not panicking. donny lied when he answered Qs about everything & really never answered any Qs that was posed anyways.

CNN blew it - neither moderator called out trump's lies- never really even asked about J 6 & nothing re: him being convicted on all charges he was indicted on. hours later they got around fact checking on 30 lies donny told.

& as i've heard someone say ~

i'll support a candidate who needs a cough drop over one who needs a parole officer.

It was one of the terms of the debate

Moderators would ask questions and monitor the time and it was not their job to fact check or challenge responses

biden wasn't on his game for sure. disappointed - but not panicking. donny lied when he answered Qs about everything & really never answered any Qs that was posed anyways.

CNN blew it - neither moderator called out trump's lies- never really even asked about J 6 & nothing re: him being convicted on all charges he was indicted on. hours later they finally got around to fact checking some 30 lies donny told.

i'll support a candidate who needs a cough drop over one who needs a parole officer.

I feel like Biden should have done that. If he cannot call out the basic lies Trump told then why is he there? I appreciate what he has done but if he knew he couldnt debate then he shouldnt have... and if he did think he could debate, then that is even worse.

It was one of the terms of the debate

Moderators would ask questions and monitor the time and it was not their job to fact check or challenge responses

understood, but they did have a minute per Q to use at their discretion. very little follow ups & no mention of his conviction. wtseriousf.

I feel like Biden should have done that.

he did with some.

If he cannot call out the basic lies Trump told then why is he there? I appreciate what he has done but if he knew he couldnt debate then he shouldnt have...

i believe he was sick. in hindsight, i think that is why he was at camp david & he couldn't back out if he was sick 'cause you know what woulda happened.

and if he did think he could debate, then that is even worse.

i'm thinking he had no choice, but i also think he was slow to get it going, even with his voice issues & did better as the debate went on. donny started out disciplined & slowly tanked as the clock droned. i don't think either side is going to move from this one. i remember obama's 1st debate with romney & how sad that was.

he did with some.

i believe he was sick. in hindsight, i think that is why he was at camp david & he couldn't back out if he was sick 'cause you know what woulda happened.

i'm thinking he had no choice, but i also think he was slow to get it going, even with his voice issues & did better as the debate went on. donny started out disciplined & slowly tanked as the clock droned. i don't think either side is going to move from this one. i remember obama's 1st debate with romney & how sad that was.
Biden is going to be lucky to come out of the Democrat's caucus with the nomination. There is not going to be a September debate because Biden is not going to survive the Caucus....Kennedy will likely end up nominated. That will be a good debate. Not this....this was a pathetic reminder for Democrats that their party is dying.

I think it will be hard to overcome last nights performance
People tuned in to be assured Biden can handle the job. He failed miserably.
You can’t claim he was just having a bad day because he may improve slightly but not turn in an energetic performance

We tried to tell ya.

We did our best to warn you.

The media lied to you, but we told you the truth.

he did with some.

I never said Biden did a good job, he did a really bad job...

I am saying that Trump did a pretty bad job and won... He would be easy to beat... He constantly lied and wasn't called out for it properly...
IOW, the moderators cheated for him. Not buying it, not with two of the biggest TRUMP! haters in America.
Biden really struggled to communicate and that is why Trump won...
Communication is a very important skill for a president to have. You might as well try to excuse an American football team's loss by saying their quarterback had a hard time throwing the ball accurately.

There is no sugar coating it for democrats, Joe Biden’s performance was abysmal. He wasnt sharp. He wasnt clear. But worst of all he didn’t call out Trump’s incessant lying.

Trump was worse. He demonstrated a completed disconnect from reality, hung on to the narrative the election was stolen, tried to reframe January 6 insurgents as prisoners, and tried to blame Nancy Pelosi for not stopping him from trying to take over the election results through force. WTF? He even said people want to kill 9 month old babies fairly unchallenged. The guy was unhinged and full of shit.

I am not sure what the Democratic Party should do about its candidate seemingly lack of sharpness when it mattered but I do know no one should not walk away think Trump won, Trump actually lost the debate. However, Biden likely lost his party by not disputing the incessent lies spewed by Donald Trump. Democrats deserve a candidate that can debunk the easy to dispute moronic lies of Donald Trump. Your move Biden.

I would say they were both equally bad for the reasons enumerated in your OP... among others.

CNN blew it - neither moderator called out trump's lies- never really even asked about J 6 & nothing re: him being convicted on all charges he was indicted on. hours later they finally got around to fact checking some 30 lies donny told.

Ah, yes, the old, "Da mods were coverin fer him" defense. Not with two of the biggest TRUMP! haters in America.

Ah, yes, the old, "Da mods were coverin fer him" defense. Not with two of the biggest TRUMP! haters in America.

i didn't say they were covering for either of them. i said they were lousy & didn't ask in depth Qs, follow ups, or about the fact that donny is now a convict. are4 you saying THAT wasn't important enough?

Forum List

Back