Kim Davis Is Winning

Time and tide wait for no man or woman
e8e1cfb0395201330570005056a9545d.jpg
We did?

If the internet were around after Loving v Virginia, man oh man - what a gold mine of exact same quotes we would find.

1000X more - as only 20% of the country thought interracial marriage was acceptable then. And many used the same "abomination" and religious arguments.

It wasn't until nearly 25 years after L v V, mixed-race marriages started seeing majority support.

We are seeing this play out just like it did then, only the majority support is behind it, but the butt-hurt connies will simply not accept the system of our government in our duly appointed Supreme Court.

Problem is the decision after L v V was righteous.

This latest decision had an obviously flawed purpose......And even worse eventual outcome.

The ends don't always justify the means.

Marriage isn't the magical answer to the Gay agenda that has been advertised. It's only the beginning. As with the election of the first black president.....it doesn't erase the deep-rooted problems that exist.

WC Fields was looking at a Bible when he was near the end of his life...they asked him why ? he said "I am looking for loopholes"...woo hoo hoo

If the internet were around after Loving v Virginia, man oh man - what a gold mine of exact same quotes we would find.

1000X more - as only 20% of the country thought interracial marriage was acceptable then. And many used the same "abomination" and religious arguments.

It wasn't until nearly 25 years after L v V, mixed-race marriages started seeing majority support.

We are seeing this play out just like it did then, only the majority support is behind it, but the butt-hurt connies will simply not accept the system of our government in our duly appointed Supreme Court.

It wasn't viewed by many as righteous at the time.

Many of the religious folks used the same arguments to decry the ruling - abomination, immoral, undermining future generations, sin against god, revolting...

Why did it take some 25 years after the ruling for more than half the country to approve of it?

Sometimes, things take time.

In 20 years from now, people will look back at this and realize how bigoted it was to deny gays and lesbians equal rights.

Just like we look back on that time in the 60's and prior.

Were these statements made about interracial or same sex marriage?

See how many you can get:

1) "They cannot possibly have any progeny, and such a fact sufficiently justifies" not allowing their marriage.

2) This relationship "is not only unnatural, but is always productive of deplorable results ... [Their children turn out] generally effeminate ... [their relationship is] productive of evil."

3) State legislators spoke out against such an "abominable" type of relationship, warning that it will eventually "pollute" America.

4) “It not only is a complete undermining of ... the hope of future generations, but it completely begins to see our society break down ... It literally is a threat to the nation’s survival in the long run.”

5) This type of marriage is not allowed "because natural instinct revolts at it as wrong."

6) This type of marriage is "regarded as unnatural and immoral."

7) This type of relationship is "distasteful to our people, and unfit to produce." Such marriages would lead to "a calamity full of the saddest and gloomiest portent to the generations that are to come after us."

8) "Although there is no verse in the Bible that dogmatically says [this marriage should not occur], the whole plan of God as He has dealt with [humanity] down through the ages indicates that [this] marriage is not best for man."

9) "A little-reported fact is that [these types of relationships] are far more violent than are [insert single-race or heterosexual] households."

10) "I believe that the tendency to classify all persons who oppose [this type of relationship] as 'prejudiced' is in itself a prejudice," a psychologist submitted to the court. "Nothing of any significance is gained by such a marriage."

This latest decision had an obviously flawed purpose......And even worse eventual outcome.

The ends don't always justify the means.

Marriage isn't the magical answer to the Gay agenda that has been advertised. It's only the beginning. As with the election of the first black president.....it doesn't erase the deep-rooted problems that exist.
Translation: Birther claims to like one SCOTUS decision but not like the other.

It wasn't viewed by many as righteous at the time.

Many of the religious folks used the same arguments to decry the ruling - abomination, immoral, undermining future generations, sin against god, revolting...

Why did it take some 25 years after the ruling for more than half the country to approve of it?

Sometimes, things take time.

In 20 years from now, people will look back at this and realize how bigoted it was to deny gays and lesbians equal rights.

Just like we look back on that time in the 60's and prior.
Many of them were wrong.

We're talking apples and oranges here. Racist behavior isn't a staple of Christianity. It is a condition of all races....especially blacks in America.

When it comes to sin....totally different situation.

The second best thing about gays getting their right to marry confirmed by the Constitution is the amount of pants shitting it caused among the RW bigots.

Good cakes always come with great icings. Bon appetit, RWnuts.

"All that hate" You've got some examples, I'm sure. I remember you accusing me of never saying anything negative about muslims just the other day....I posted some links and you disappeared. Why is that?

I don't recall you posting links.

I'll take another look, been a busy week so I may have missed something.
A busy week holding your breath?

Kim Davis...and the Judge's "mistake" | Page 41 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

And what did Jesus himself say:

Mark 10:10In the house the disciples began questioning Him about this again. 11And He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; 12and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery."

Poor Kim, the three-time adulterer, and that was just during the wedding vows...

I see the hate sites have suddenly spawned a bunch of Bible scholars...

LOL

You mindless fools all spew the same lines, which you read off of KOS and the other hate sites...
Tell us, do you obey the teachings of the bible or not?

You hate Christians with venom drooling from you. In thes "links" you condemn Christians, with a passing nod to "Islam does it too."

Nowhere do you actually condemn Islam or spew the kind of hatred you regularly spew at Christians.

The closest you got was with;

Assholes.....terrified of the modern world. And of their own people becoming educated. About as ultra-conservative in their culture as they can get.

About Muzzie Beasts throwing acid in the faces of girls, and even here you had to couch it in a slam against conservatism. Even with something that horrific you couldn't straight out admit that Islam is a brutal religion that engages in routine violence.

Well, she is doing this much. J. Roberts correctly anticipated a backlash amongst fundamentalist types. (Which further increases my suspicion he knew all along what Citizens Untied (-: would unleash, but that's another issue)

But, Davis blatant bigotry and refusal to accept even accommodation of her hypocritical religious beliefs will eventually marginalize the fundamenatlists even more in public opinion. Of course, that may make them more reactionary.
She hasn't been offered any accommodation. Telling clerks to illegally issue licenses in her name is criminal...and not an accommodation.
The accommodation is she can stay out of jail is she stays out of her deputies issuing licenses in accordance with the law.

Kim Davis Just Whooped the Left—and That May Be Just the Beginning

Good article. Nice to see not everyone is kissing the butt fuckers asses....nice to read some FACTS and truth.
All she is doing is making a fool out of herself! Most conservatives who are against gay marriage say she needs to obey the law or step down. She hasn't stopped gay marriage in the least and has made the conservative movement look bigoted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, she is doing this much. J. Roberts correctly anticipated a backlash amongst fundamentalist types. (Which further increases my suspicion he knew all along what Citizens Untied (-: would unleash, but that's another issue)

But, Davis blatant bigotry and refusal to accept even accommodation of her hypocritical religious beliefs will eventually marginalize the fundamenatlists even more in public opinion. Of course, that may make them more reactionary.
She hasn't been offered any accommodation. Telling clerks to illegally issue licenses in her name is criminal...and not an accommodation.
The accommodation is she can stay out of jail is she stays out of her deputies issuing licenses in accordance with the law.

As I said earlier, I fully expect Davis to violate the judges order when she goes back to work. Her lawyers have signaled as much.

Now look what's brewing, as Act II of the showdown gets set up:

Oath Keepers Send Armed Guards To Protect Kim Davis From US Marshals

"The Oath Keepers, the anti-government “Patriot” group that mounted an armed standoff with the Bureau of Land Management at the Bundy Ranch, stationed armed guards outside of military recruitment centers after the Chattanooga shooting, and unsettled Ferguson protestors when they showed up carrying assault rifles, is now offering anti-gay Kentucky clerk Kim Davis a “security detail” to protect her from further arrest if she continues to defy the Supreme Court’s marriage equality ruling.

Rhodes said that the Rowan County sheriff should have blocked U.S. Marshals from detaining Davis, but since neither the sheriff nor the state’s governor will do their “job” and “intercede” on behalf of Davis, the Oath Keepers will have to do it instead. “As far as we’re concerned, this is not over,” he said, “and this judge needs to be put on notice that his behavior is not going to be accepted and we’ll be there to stop it and intercede ourselves if we have to. If the sheriff, who should be interceding, is not going to do his job and the governor is not going to do the governor’s job of interceding, then we’ll do it.”

Oath Keepers Send Armed Guards To Protect Kim Davis From US Marshals

Now some of this might be bluff and bluster, and not sure how far they will take it - but the stage is getting set.

I see a few on-scene Hannity shows coming from Rowan County in the near future...:lol:

Kim Davis Just Whooped the Left—and That May Be Just the Beginning

Good article. Nice to see not everyone is kissing the butt fuckers asses....nice to read some FACTS and truth.
All she is doing is making a fool out of herself! Most conservatives who are against gay marriage say she needs to obey the law or step down. She hasn't stopped gay marriage in the least and has made the conservative movement look bigoted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forget the conservative movement, she's made Jesus look bad, just like Sassy and Kosher, the kind of people who turn other people away from Christianity...

Forum List

Back