Krugman calls Ryan (R) what he is

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
that the guy is basically a huckster looking for a job from wall street after he's bilked the taxpayer for his own salary the last 14+ years and tried to stick it to the middle class w/ his budgets for the rich guys. :clap2:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/opinion/krugman-after-the-flimflam.html?hp&_r=3&
Way back in 2010, when everybody in Washington seemed determined to anoint Representative Paul Ryan as the ultimate Serious, Honest Conservative, I pronounced him a flimflam man. Even then, his proposals were obviously fraudulent: huge cuts in aid to the poor, but even bigger tax cuts for the rich, with all the assertions of fiscal responsibility resting on claims that he would raise trillions of dollars by closing tax loopholes (which he refused to specify) and cutting discretionary spending (in ways he refused to specify).

he then goes on to dissect Ryan's (R) latest *cough* "budget" that he and his water carrying staff for wall street have concocted.

Two Hucksters battling it out and a Shill reporting it!

This is what passes for "Honest Political Debate" in America!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yep.

Krugman has come a long way back toward rational economics since he made his bones in praise of ReagaNUTism. But those bones will never be off his record, not to mention he doesn't seem to get it that Obama's public sector stimulus is just as "supply side" as the ReagaNUT corporate tax boondoggle that extended the recession of 1981 into 1982.

The main difference in results is that in 1981-82 the US still had enough industry to overcome economic policy failure, a reality Reagan's bailouts of Wall Street (1987) and S&Ls (1988 and beyond) began to destroy.

I must say that I watched the budget committee hearings and Ryan (R) came-off as a spoiled brat. Rep Van Hollen (R) slammed Ryan's FAILBudget in his opening remarks.

Yep.

Krugman has come a long way back toward rational economics since he made his bones in praise of ReagaNUTism. But those bones will never be off his record, not to mention he doesn't seem to get it that Obama's public sector stimulus is just as "supply side" as the ReagaNUT corporate tax boondoggle that extended the recession of 1981 into 1982.

The main difference in results is that in 1981-82 the US still had enough industry to overcome economic policy failure, a reality Reagan's bailouts of Wall Street (1987) and S&Ls (1988 and beyond) began to destroy.

:lol: mr enron has come a long way....:lol: dude, you're killing me....

and get your facts straight, the carter recession was on its way out, reagan, well volker, stared the reagan recession....

ryan and murrays budgets both suck. ryans just a tad bit less, but its a non starter...obamacare reversed? whats he smoking?

This thread isn't about Reagan's recession.

This thread is about Bush II's recession and the Republican budget chairman's craven attempt to make people believe his Randian :tinfoil: budget is serious :lol:

Yep.

and get your facts straight, the carter recession was on its way out, reagan, well volker, stared the reagan recession....

Volcker never claimed to be supply sider. The hand up Reagan's ass moving the dummy's mouth made him claim he was. Volcker was genius. Reagan was a B actor playing the role of a lifetime.

The facts show there were TWO recessions, one ended technically about the time Reagan took the oath and the second started shortly after Reagan took office and was made worse by supply side nonsense to corporations instead of tax breaks to spenders.

Obama made the same mistake only his supply side went into state and local government. It is hilarious on its face, but a little bit sad too, that someone can get to be president and still be stupid enough to believe investment at the top creates more jobs than street level demand.

Last edited:
Junebug is a ReagaNUT, a disciple of Reagan, Ryan would lick the dick of either. The Crash of 2008 is the DIRECT RESULT of policies Reagan's people started (fighting Volcker all the way) and which entered full metastasis with the appointment of Greenspan, a man who met people when he was fucking Ayn Rand (the source of Ryan's Randian nonsense). The Crash of 2008 ended any debate among honest, rational people about "new economy" horseshit.

Ergo, because of the tendrils of history there can't be a discussion of that filthy little Bush Leaguer Ryan who supported the degenerate spending of the Bush League without acknowledging the man Junebug idolized more than his father and whose posturing Junebug took seriously enough that it gave him the confidence to invade two nations without just cause.

In sum, there is no "new economy". There was no "new economy". There has never been a "new economy". There shall never be a "new economy". The foundation of economies is demand. Everything else is filigree. Amen.

Ryan is just another windbag whose misfortune is arriving on the scene just as his crowd are being swept into the dustbin of history.

Last edited:
Ryan's proposal is not a serious budget and Krugman is not a serious economist.

This thread isn't about Reagan's recession.

This thread is about Bush II's recession and the Republican budget chairman's craven attempt to make people believe his Randian :tinfoil: budget is serious :lol:
Shill: Can be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws.

Yep.

Volcker never claimed to be supply sider. The hand up Reagan's ass moving the dummy's mouth made him claim he was. Volcker was genius. Reagan was a B actor playing the role of a lifetime.

The facts show there were TWO recessions, one ended technically about the time Reagan took the oath and the second started shortly after Reagan took office and was made worse by supply side nonsense to corporations instead of tax breaks to spenders.

Obama made the same mistake only his supply side went into state and local government. It is hilarious on its face, but a little bit sad too, that someone can get to be president and still be stupid enough to believe investment at the top creates more jobs than street level demand.

I know there were 2 recessions, thats why I said "Reagan recession" denoting his....see how that works? and I never said volcker was or not a supply sider, I said he started the recession, read what I write, not what the voices tell you to.....

Junebug is a ReagaNUT, a disciple of Reagan, Ryan would lick the dick of either. The Crash of 2008 is the DIRECT RESULT of policies Reagan's people started (fighting Volcker all the way) and which entered full metastasis with the appointment of Greenspan, a man who met people when he was fucking Ayn Rand (the source of Ryan's Randian nonsense). The Crash of 2008 ended any debate among honest, rational people about "new economy" horseshit.

Ergo, because of the tendrils of history there can't be a discussion of that filthy little Bush Leaguer Ryan who supported the degenerate spending of the Bush League without acknowledging the man Junebug idolized more than his father and whose posturing Junebug took seriously enough that it gave him the confidence to invade two nations without just cause.

In sum, there is no "new economy". There was no "new economy". There has never been a "new economy". There shall never be a "new economy". The foundation of economies is demand. Everything else is filigree. Amen.

Ryan is just another windbag whose misfortune is arriving on the scene just as his crowd are being swept into the dustbin of history.
Yep. Greenspan was a Rand disciple just as Ryan now is. It would be funny if their devotion to that writer of b-grade fiction weren't so serious. :cuckoo:

that the guy is basically a huckster looking for a job from wall street after he's bilked the taxpayer for his own salary the last 14+ years and tried to stick it to the middle class w/ his budgets for the rich guys. :clap2:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/opinion/krugman-after-the-flimflam.html?hp&_r=3&
Way back in 2010, when everybody in Washington seemed determined to anoint Representative Paul Ryan as the ultimate Serious, Honest Conservative, I pronounced him a flimflam man. Even then, his proposals were obviously fraudulent: huge cuts in aid to the poor, but even bigger tax cuts for the rich, with all the assertions of fiscal responsibility resting on claims that he would raise trillions of dollars by closing tax loopholes (which he refused to specify) and cutting discretionary spending (in ways he refused to specify).

he then goes on to dissect Ryan's (R) latest *cough* "budget" that he and his water carrying staff for wall street have concocted.

I hear Paul Ryan has emotional problems and when he gets tired or anxious he starts mumbling "Who is John Gault"

:eek:

I hear Paul Ryan has emotional problems and when he gets tired or anxious he starts mumbling "Who is John Gault"

wouldn't surprise me as he admitted that he DEMANDS his rw staff read all her fiction as well. Not surprising really as college repubs have been "urged" to read her "novels" for decades.

Last edited:

wouldn't surprise me as he admitted that he DEMANDS his rw staff read all her fiction as well. Not surprising really as college repubs have been "urged" to read her "novels" for decades.
Went to a couple of tea party gatherings over the past year. They love the rand stuff. Speakers there were hyping Atlas Shrugged. But in their case, it was dvd's they were pushing. Which made sense. Not sure there were many there that could read.

Forum List

Back