LDS church and children of LGBT couples: Jesus weeps

The polygamy principle was detailed (wrongly, in my opinion) to a small group of people the LDS Church wanted to keep out of their Temples. They did not want polygamists to go to the Temple to receive their endowments, sealings, washings, and so forth.

In this case, we are talking about children of families, and many of them with close ties to the church and to family members in the church, being denied baptism.

That is not anywhere near "suffer the little children to come unto me."

As far as go elsewhere, the church hqs have been notified today by its bishops and local authorities of more than 1,000 resignations, and are expecting it to be more than 10,000 by the end of the week, and as many as 200,000 by Christmas.

A more insidious assault on the Church is being organized, I hear, as a blue tithing slow down.

Then let them vote with their feet. Again, life sucks sometimes.

The polygamy principle was detailed (wrongly, in my opinion) to a small group of people the LDS Church wanted to keep out of their Temples. They did not want polygamists to go to the Temple to receive their endowments, sealings, washings, and so forth.

In this case, we are talking about children of families, and many of them with close ties to the church and to family members in the church, being denied baptism.

As far as go elsewhere, the church hqs have been notified today by its bishops and local authorities of more than 1,000 resignations, and are expecting it to be more than 10,000 by the end of the week, and as many as 200,000 by Christmas.

A more insidious assault on the Church is being organized, I hear, as a blue tithing slow down.

They will vote as they please: to stay and try to change from the inside, to stop tithing and increase fast offerings, and to bring economic sanctions on business in Utah. It's the American way.

They will vote as they please: to stay and try to change from the inside, to stop tithing and increase fast offerings, and to bring economic sanctions on business in Utah. It's the American way.

You had me until the last one. Government should not sanction a whole State for the acts of a religious group in its borders.

Now if you called for a boycott, privately led, then that would still be fucking stupid, but still permissible.

JakeStarkey

1. Heritage comes from family.
2. Cannon's remarks do apply, because tyroneweaver neither knows his church's history and doctrine, nor can he speak on its behalf with authority.
3. My mother taught me to be respect all believers. Three of her closest friends were active LDS temple-going women. She taught me love not hate God's creation and people. She always praised the LDS commitment to family.
4. This action would have been incomprehensible to her because it hurts an entire class of children.
tyroneweaver replied:
1. A family defined by who? If you quote Cannon, then you have to quote The Proclamation of the Family
2. See #1
3. False, because you brag about being a veteran, that kills people and destroys things
4. Passover, and Killing of the innocents refutes this. God could have killed Herod before this.
1. You have no authority to define family or ordinances for people differently than Cannon.
2. See #1 above.
3. That is the second time you have obliquely attacked my mother. This is your only warning to stop it. She loved the Mormon people and prayed daily that a great work and miracle would occur among them. I served honorably, as did the four Mormons in my platoon. Your Second Counselor in the First Presidency was a fighter pilot in the German Air Force. Thomas Monson, your President, served in the USNR and was granted in 1950 after years of service an exemption to leave so he could be a Bishop.
4. Your #4 makes no sense. We are talking about Our Lord and Savior, Jesus, Who calls all children to come unto Him.

You have such anger in you, tyrone. Why? Jesus is about Love, is about all of His children, you and me among them, but particularly the children.

It would be hard for me folks to list the number of Thinking Errors in the above post.

Are already baptized children of gays to be dis-baptized?

Here is another post.

"I have two moms. I love them. After this new policy was announced, my bishop contacted me to say that if they want to visit me and their grandchildren, they have to stay in separate bedrooms. Or I will face mandatory discipline."

Got a link? Or are you making it up?
The LDS church lives rent free in Jakes head.

Here is another post.

"I have two moms. I love them. After this new policy was announced, my bishop contacted me to say that if they want to visit me and their grandchildren, they have to stay in separate bedrooms. Or I will face mandatory discipline."

Not as much as it lives in JoeB's head.

Here is another post.

Not as much as it lives in JoeB's head.
I'm unfamiliar with that person.

You had me until the last one. Government should not sanction a whole State for the acts of a religious group in its borders.

Now if you called for a boycott, privately led, then that would still be fucking stupid, but still permissible.
I said nothing about government. 90% of the state officials are LDS, so they will not be bullied that way. But the LDS and non-LDS are very sensitive to criticism and even more to economic sanctions in the private sector.

And I agree that many will vote with their feet and turn in resignations then go online and to the media.

tyroneweaver, attacking me does nothing for the discussion other than make you look rather shallow. But if you feel better for it, attack away.

I said nothing about government. 90% of the state officials are LDS, so they will not be bullied that way. But the LDS and non-LDS are very sensitive to criticism and even more to economic sanctions in the private sector.

And I agree that many will vote with their feet and turn in resignations then go online and to the media.

tyroneweaver, attacking me does nothing for the discussion other than make you look rather shallow. But if you feel better for it, attack away.

Saying "economic sanctions" implies the action comes from government., be it from Utah or from other States against Utah. Boycott is a better term to imply private actors, and not government actors.

Saying "economic sanctions" implies the action comes from government., be it from Utah or from other States against Utah. Boycott is a better term to imply private actors, and not government actors.
Ever notice Jakes constant inane attacks on the LDS church and then when he's confronted about it plays victim or immediately jumps to someone else; as if he's not responsible for what he wrote.
It's a Thinking Error, it's called a Hopover.

Avatar does not support families.

Avatar does not support a church that is about children and families, because the LDS church is about separating families and making children disavow their parents.

The LDS church is anti-family and anti-children.

children-at-the-feet-of-jesus-GoodSalt-rhpas0745.jpg

"Children, you got rid of the other woman. Good.
You can come unto Me now."

You can lie all you want Jake. Admitting that gay marriage isn't of God isn't anti familiy. Nor is preventing conflicts within a home.

My cousins drink. I don't believe in drinking. I have no problem stating that God doesn't want us drinking. Does this mean I'm breaking up my family or hating my cousins because they do drink?

Parents are not disavowed when you admit that they sin. Guess what. Everyone sins. Sometimes the sins are serious enough where it has to be clear that sounds convert recognizes such action as a sin. But I'm no more disavowing my father by acknowledging his sin than I am disallowing myself for acknowledging my own. I think it's vitally important to know the weaknesses of your parents because it helps you recognize what not to do in your own life.

Your being possessed by a spirit of anger and deceit right now. That's not of God. Calm down and get the Spirit of Truth. Then you will feel better and understand.

Their roof, their rules.
Yup, their asses getting kicked.
Well, then, when you turn 18 you can join the church or not join. your choice.
Mean while we'll get to see you go thru puberty.

btw jake, do you believe in infant baptism??? Cause every one of those kids in that depiction are under age to quality for baptism.
Way to deceive the less enlightened.
Wrong question, ty. The right one is why do you discriminate against children? Why do you break up families? You obviously don't believe in baptism at eight, it's not doctrine then if you can move it willy nilly. And why do you want children to disavow their parents? Shameful.

How are we breaking up families where a husband abandons his wife and children to be with his gay partner? How are we breaking up families by requiring minor children to wait until adulthood to join the Church? Should we be proselytizing minor children and turning them against their parents instead?

This rage makes no sense. I think you will recognize that it's not the Spirit of the Lord causing your anger. The Spirit brings peace, joy, gentleness, and weakness

Avatar does not support families.

Avatar does not support a church that is about children and families, because the LDS church is about separating families and making children disavow their parents.

The LDS church is anti-family and anti-children.

children-at-the-feet-of-jesus-GoodSalt-rhpas0745.jpg

"Children, you got rid of the other woman. Good.
You can come unto Me now."

You can lie all you want Jake. Admitting that gay marriage isn't of God isn't anti familiy. Nor is preventing conflicts within a home.

My cousins drink. I don't believe in drinking. I have no problem stating that God doesn't want us drinking. Does this mean I'm breaking up my family or hating my cousins because they do drink?

Parents are not disavowed when you admit that they sin. Guess what. Everyone sins. Sometimes the sins are serious enough where it has to be clear that sounds convert recognizes such action as a sin. But I'm no more disavowing my father by acknowledging his sin than I am disallowing myself for acknowledging my own. I think it's vitally important to know the weaknesses of your parents because it helps you recognize what not to do in your own life.

Your being possessed by a spirit of anger and deceit right now. That's not of God. Calm down and get the Spirit of Truth. Then you will feel better and understand.
My grandpa was an alcoholic. Strange, that his grandson would be one of the best running backs BYU ever had.

The church all about family and kids is not really the church about family and kids. The LDS Church did and does this to polygamyous kids: it's like, Jesus says, "Get off me until you are 18, you polygamous bastard rugrats."

12208372_853383194759603_8668679430438621438_n.jpg

1. Mormon church labels same-sex couples apostates - CNN.com
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/us/mormon-church-policy/1 day ago ... A new Mormon church policy considers church members in same-sex marriages as apostates whose children will be barred from baptism and ...
  2. Mormon Church Bans Children of Same-Sex Couples From Getting ...
    http://www.people.com/article/mormon-church-bans-children-same-sex-couples-baptized2 days ago ... Mormon Church leaders have sparked outrage with a decision to ban gay couplesfrom having their children blessed and baptized into the ...

Jesus loves everyone, the lds church doesn't.

Nonsense. How does protecting children from family conflict occur out of lack of love? Christ said we aren't to harm children. Putting them in a position of conflict will hurt them.

Here is another post.

Yeah that's about as true as Clinton not having sex with that intern.

The church all about family and kids is not really the church about family and kids. The LDS Church did and does this to polygamyous kids: it's like, Jesus says, "Get off me until you are 18, you polygamous bastard rugrats."

12208372_853383194759603_8668679430438621438_n.jpg

1. Mormon church labels same-sex couples apostates - CNN.com
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/us/mormon-church-policy/1 day ago ... A new Mormon church policy considers church members in same-sex marriages as apostates whose children will be barred from baptism and ...
  2. Mormon Church Bans Children of Same-Sex Couples From Getting ...
    http://www.people.com/article/mormon-church-bans-children-same-sex-couples-baptized2 days ago ... Mormon Church leaders have sparked outrage with a decision to ban gay couplesfrom having their children blessed and baptized into the ...

Jesus loves everyone, the lds church doesn't.

Nonsense. How does protecting children from family conflict occur out of lack of love? Christ said we aren't to harm children. Putting them in a position of conflict will hurt them.

Jesus loves everyone. Period.

Their roof, their rules.
Yup, their asses getting kicked.
Well, then, when you turn 18 you can join the church or not join. your choice.
Mean while we'll get to see you go thru puberty.

btw jake, do you believe in infant baptism??? Cause every one of those kids in that depiction are under age to quality for baptism.
Way to deceive the less enlightened.
Wrong question, ty. The right one is why do you discriminate against children? Why do you break up families? You obviously don't believe in baptism at eight, it's not doctrine then if you can move it willy nilly. And why do you want children to disavow their parents? Shameful.

How are we breaking up families where a husband abandons his wife and children to be with his gay partner? How are we breaking up families by requiring minor children to wait until adulthood to join the Church? Should we be proselytizing minor children and turning them against their parents instead?

This rage makes no sense. I think you will recognize that it's not the Spirit of the Lord causing your anger. The Spirit brings peace, joy, gentleness, and weakness
When you have a child deny his parent, that is breaking up a family.

Forum List

Back