Left wingers and the wall.

Really...but you started as thread about "the wall" and NOT any of the real issues.

Funny that huh?

No one is fooled. You're not nearly as clever as you think you are

I have made a bunch of other threads and posts about what I think the real issues/solutions are. This thread is designed to shine a light on the fact that the left is just as partisan and full of hate as the right.

Thank you for helping me demonstrate that.

Really? Like what?

Have you started a thread about actually stopping HIRING of illegals?

I must have missed that.

Link it

Yeah, you really sound like someone whos willing to reach across the aisle and come to a compromise.

What's the compromise between your stupidity and sanity?

Oh and we just passed Border security money for stuff that would actually do what you claim to want to do.'

THERE is your compromise

If I sound angry it' because I am SICK of you fucking people and your bullshit

You're deranged and I hope people like you are in the minority and never gain access to the levers of power.

Really...but you started as thread about "the wall" and NOT any of the real issues.

Funny that huh?

No one is fooled. You're not nearly as clever as you think you are

I have made a bunch of other threads and posts about what I think the real issues/solutions are. This thread is designed to shine a light on the fact that the left is just as partisan and full of hate as the right.

Thank you for helping me demonstrate that.

Really? Like what?

Have you started a thread about actually stopping HIRING of illegals?

I must have missed that.

Link it

You probably miss a lot of stuff due to being a rage-filled partisan.

And yes, I have talked about that in threads I have posted in this very forum.

You're deranged and I hope people like you are in the minority and never gain access to the levers of power.

You can imagine how I feel about you...and sadly...people like you HAVE gained access to the levers of power

Really...

So linking to them or even listing them should be easy.

Go for it

I didn't care about the wall until it became clear that Trump was appealing to the basest hatreds that people hold. Here was a man with absolutely no idea whether a wall would work or not, or be a total waste, and who couldn't care less. He only cared that he could use it to appeal to a bunch of simpletons with deeply held fear and hatred. Remember, this was his same approach to replacing the ACA and how did that end up? "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated."

Should the day come a President that can be trusted comes forward and says "hey look, we actually do need a wall," then I may change my mind. Until then, I'll put my trust in better technology at the border, barriers where needed, placing more responsibility on employers to not hire illegals, and the like.

I wonder what Trump Republicans might be willing to negotiate for full wall funding. These are things the left never thinks about. "Oh, they want a wall? Well, maybe I could live with that. Will they trade us something?" No, instead it's never anything but destructive and divisive bullshit.

"NO COMPROMISES WITH NAZIS!!!"

Sure. defund Planned Parenthood, the Department of Education, cut wasteful social programs, university grants, and funding to public radio and television, convert all pensions of government employees to 401ks, eliminate all earmarks, eliminate Saturday mail delivery, make Congressional pay incentive-based, grant the President a line-item veto right, limit all new federal laws to 100 pages in length, establish a flat tax rate, and cut the funding to the UN and countries which aren't our allies.

Those alone would save enough to build a wall to the moon and back.
There ya have it folks.

Cut ANYTHING that helps middle class or poor people.

NEVER think about cutting corporate subsidies or our bloated military budget. Cause ya know///gummint contracts are big MONEYYYYY

The wall helps middle class and poor people: Fewer illegals to take their jobs and usurp their government freebies.

Do you even have a clue how much overall illegals are costing this country?
How many jobs are lost to undocumented immigrants? I heard the American economy is whizzzing along with a 4% unemployment rate?

Oh. And did I mention the crime, drugs, rapes, shootings, assaults, and other good things illegals bring into the middle-class and poor communities? Plus all the money they send out of this country? Money that would be better spent domestically?

So like the OP stated, aside from the fact that you abhor the idea of Trump succeeding at anything, how about providing one single logical excuse why we shouldn't have a wall on the southern border.

Obviously it's not because of financial reasons. There's more than enough money to build it. Isn't it rather childish and petty of you people to be against the wall, just because Trump is building it?

Really...

So linking to them or even listing them should be easy.

Go for it

If you care that much you go look for it. I have nothing to prove to you. I know what I've said and what my positions are. Unlike you I am searching for objective truth and potential compromise between extremes. I'm not even on the right wing. I voted for Bernie Sanders.

Are there any left wingers here that will admit they don't actually care about whether or not the wall would impact illegal crossings, or even about the amount of money it might cost the nation? That's not what it's about. It's about not letting Trump get his way with anything. Admit it. You think he's a horrible person and you simply won't play nice with somebody like that.
Wrong.

It's about the fact that a "wall" is a waste of taxpayers' money.

Are there any left wingers here that will admit they don't actually care about whether or not the wall would impact illegal crossings, or even about the amount of money it might cost the nation? That's not what it's about. It's about not letting Trump get his way with anything. Admit it. You think he's a horrible person and you simply won't play nice with somebody like that.
Yes he is a horrible person. Let's put a pin in that.

The wall is too expensive, not effective, intrusive on private property and the environment.

But as much as those pragmatic reasons not to build it is the symbolism of walling off America. The one nation on earth created by immigrants. The nation people dream of when they imagine a better way of life.

Take into account that a vocal minority harbors a xenophobic attitude. Most Americans are cosmopolitan enough to understand that immigrants continue to enrich our land, culture and communities.

It is not expensive, it is effective, and we have this little thing called imminent domain. Want to try to explain how a wall impacts the environment? That should be hilarious for someone of your limited intellect!

Poor ignorant trumpkins don’t actually understand that the wall is an unnecessary, useless vanity project.

Education. Get some

Want to try to explain how a wall impacts the environment? That should be hilarious for someone of your limited intellect!

It could probably fuck up the migration paths of certain animals for one. I can see the argument that there is an environmental impact.

No doubt there is some hyperbole on this, as there is with pretty much everything that becomes political. Stick with your tribe, even if you have to bullshit. Attack, attack, attack. Don't give a fuckin' inch. If they want A, you want B.

I'd count as being against the wall - I'd like to do things differently - but I'm not losing any sleep over the outcome in either direction.

Just for clarification I don't think everybody that thinks it's not worth doing feels that way for bullshit partisan reasons. I just think a lot of people on the left are against it because fuck Donald Trump and those MAGA hat wearing assholes.
That's a really narrow point of view. Do you think politics is like sports where you live and die with the fortunes of your team? If you listened to wall critics you might better understand the issue.

The only wall critics I have heard anything from a complete frauds who lie continuously, even when presented with facts that show they are lying!

Wrong.

It's about the fact that a "wall" is a waste of taxpayers' money.
Yeah but trumpkins are morons

Who here will admit that they don't actually care about whether or not the wall would impact illegal crossings, or even about the amount of money it might cost the nation? That's not what it's about. It's about not letting a president as offensive as Trump get his way with anything. Admit it. You think he's a horrible person and you simply won't play nice with somebody like that.
I didn't care about the wall until it became clear that Trump was appealing to the basest hatreds that people hold. Here was a man with absolutely no idea whether a wall would work or not, or be a total waste, and who couldn't care less. He only cared that he could use it to appeal to a bunch of simpletons with deeply held fear and hatred. Remember, this was his same approach to replacing the ACA and how did that end up? "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated."

Should the day come a President that can be trusted comes forward and says "hey look, we actually do need a wall," then I may change my mind. Until then, I'll put my trust in better technology at the border, barriers where needed, placing more responsibility on employers to not hire illegals, and the like.

I wonder what Trump Republicans might be willing to negotiate for full wall funding. These are things the left never thinks about. "Oh, they want a wall? Well, maybe I could live with that. Will they trade us something?" No, instead it's never anything but destructive and divisive bullshit.

Sure. defund Planned Parenthood, the Department of Education, cut wasteful social programs, university grants, and funding to public radio and television, convert all pensions of government employees to 401ks, eliminate all earmarks, eliminate Saturday mail delivery, make Congressional pay incentive-based, grant the President a line-item veto right, limit all new federal laws to 100 pages in length, establish a flat tax rate, and cut the funding to the UN and countries which aren't our allies.

So turn America into a third world country and then have a wall between another third world country...

How about we take your ideas and flush America into the toilet and the Mexicans won't want to come..

Poor otlgnirant trumpkins don’t actually understand that the wall is an unnecessary, useless vanity project.

Education. Get some

Again, I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for the real leftie while dimwits like you voted for the Wall Street shill because vagina.

It is because of people like you that Donald is the president.

Want to try to explain how a wall impacts the environment? That should be hilarious for someone of your limited intellect!

It could probably fuck up the migration paths of certain animals for one. I can see the argument that there is an environmental impact.

Like what? I deal in facts, not "probably".

I haven't really looked into it. I'm just accepting that it sounds plausible. I'll wait for the person that said it to follow up.

No. It’s because his sea to sea wall is a dumb idea.

The idea that a large modern wall will have no impact on illegal crossings is absurd. Will it stop them all? Obviously not, and it's not meant to. It's meant to mitigate the problem, and it absolutely would mitigate it. How much? I have no idea.
Wrong again.

What's absurd is the notion of a solid wall from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico.

There are specific places where a wall is appropriate, but not 2000 miles of wall.

There ya have it folks.

Cut ANYTHING that helps middle class or poor people.

NEVER think about cutting corporate subsidies or our bloated military budget. Cause ya know///gummint contracts are big MONEYYYYY

The wall helps middle class and poor people: Fewer illegals to take their jobs and usurp their government freebies.

Do you even have a clue how much overall illegals are costing this country?
How many jobs are lost to undocumented immigrants? I heard the American economy is whizzzing along with a 4% unemployment rate?

If we get in a situation where we need those workers, we can give them a work visa without them sucking up all of the social services they currently do.

Forum List

Back