Let's face it: America kind of sucks

Republicans like to pretend that the US is the best country in the world in every way because they cannot stand the thought of other countries doing something better than us. However, the main flaws the US has are much of less of issues in other first world countries.

1) Our healthcare system is garbage with or without ObamaCare.

Republicans like to harp on ObamaCare and pretend that it is rhe reason why our system sucks, but when you ask them the simple of question of "well, was our system good before ObamaCare?", they will refuse to answer. Secretly they know that our healthcare system has always sucked but they will not admit that out loud. But hell, at least ACA improved it to some degree. Republicans secretly like the idea of their healthcare coverage not being denied because of pre-existing conditions, but its another thing they will not admit out loud. Obama came up with it so the knee jerk reaction is that it is terrible.

I also want to point out the myth that republicans have about other first world healthcare systems. They pretend that wait lists run rampant for basic care and that these people suffer. That's of course not true. Systems in Western Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea are all quite high functioning even if they are not perfect.

Here's all the ways comparable, first world national healthcare systems are superior to the US's:

A. Life expectancy is better
B. Premature death rates are lower.
C. Less suffering with long term chronic diseases
D. Healthcare quality and access is far better
E. Maternal morality rates are better.
G. Hospital rates are lower for chronic diseases.
H. Post-operative complications are lower in prevalence.
I. Medication and procedure errors are lower.

And oh yeah, this is thanks to socialized medicine rather than shitty for-profit healthcare very few people can afford.

Now you say that the US does have state of the art treatments in some examples, but this hardly matters if the large majority of the population does not have access to this ridiculously expensive care and the overall nation suffers in areas where it matters most.

2. Infrastructure systems are better in comparable nations.

A. The US ranks 13th in infrastructure quality in the world.
B. Only 2% of our GDP spending goes to infrastructure.
C. Airports in other countries are better.
D. High speed rail in the US is half of the speed of comparable countries.
E. Internet connection is much better in other countries.
F. Our roads are shitty in comparison to these other nations. Traffic jams are less severe in such nations.

That's far from "American exceptionalism." Hell, Biden gets credit for at least passing a law making improvements even if it was not enough.

3. Gun violence in the US is far greater than in other countries like Australia, the UK, and Canada.

A. Mass shootings are far more common in the US than other politically stable countries.
B. Gun murders account for 79% of all murders in the US. In Canada it is 37%, Australia 13%, and the UK is 4%
C. Gun deaths per capita are FAR higher than in other countries.

4) Wealth inequality is one of the worst in the world.

In 2020, the top 20% of the population earned 52.2% of all U.S. income. The median household income fell significantly for the first time since 2011 to $67,521. That's 2.9% down from 2019's number. The richest of the rich, the top 5%, earned 23% of all income.

5) Poverty rates are lower in other counties.

Conclusion: America kind of sucks.
I know inevitably the response I am going to get to this thread will be somewhere along the lines of "if you don't like it here, leave!" Well see the truth of the matter is that I think America is great in some ways and I would rather stay here and fix what is wrong with it.

Get a job Billy and pay for your own healthcare.

Republicans like to pretend that the US is the best country in the world in every way because they cannot stand the thought of other countries doing something better than us. However, the main flaws the US has are much of less of issues in other first world countries.

Republicans like to harp on ObamaCare and pretend that it is rhe reason why our system sucks, but when you ask them the simple of question of "well, was our system good before ObamaCare?", they will refuse to answer. Secretly they know that our healthcare system has always sucked but they will not admit that out loud. But hell, at least ACA improved it to some degree. Republicans secretly like the idea of their healthcare coverage not being denied because of pre-existing conditions, but its another thing they will not admit out loud. Obama came up with it so the knee jerk reaction is that it is terrible.

I also want to point out the myth that republicans have about other first world healthcare systems. They pretend that wait lists run rampant for basic care and that these people suffer. That's of course not true. Systems in Western Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea are all quite high functioning even if they are not perfect.

Here's all the ways comparable, first world national healthcare systems are superior to the US's:

And oh yeah, this is thanks to socialized medicine rather than shitty for-profit healthcare very few people can afford.

Now you say that the US does have state of the art treatments in some examples, but this hardly matters if the large majority of the population does not have access to this ridiculously expensive care and the overall nation suffers in areas where it matters most.

F. Our roads are shitty in comparison to these other nations. Traffic jams are less severe in such nations.

That's far from "American exceptionalism." Hell, Biden gets credit for at least passing a law making improvements even if it was not enough.

3. Gun violence in the US is far greater than in other countries like Australia, the UK, and Canada.

A. Mass shootings are far more common in the US than other politically stable countries.
B. Gun murders account for 79% of all murders in the US. In Canada it is 37%, Australia 13%, and the UK is 4%

In 2020, the top 20% of the population earned 52.2% of all U.S. income. The median household income fell significantly for the first time since 2011 to $67,521. That's 2.9% down from 2019's number. The richest of the rich, the top 5%, earned 23% of all income.

I know inevitably the response I am going to get to this thread will be somewhere along the lines of "if you don't like it here, leave!" Well see the truth of the matter is that I think America is great in some ways and I would rather stay here and fix what is wrong with it.

Is it really so hard to advocate for your vision of a stronger country that you can't press your agenda without hating the country?

That is non-political black criminals like two years ago, super dupers....fear mongered dingbats....but thanks for by far the worst inequality and upward mobility and hopelessness ever. Tax the rich and invest in America again, dupe.
Sure, invest in America, you ass-wipes burned down many small businesses and need more to burn. You fricken losers are so damn stupid.

self enriching like who lol? As opposed to the gop giveaway to the rich tax rates, and screw job for YOU duh...an actual thing.
Like 10% for the big guy. Like the incredible greed of the Clintons. Like the Democrat penchant for obtaining power for the sake of power. Your unintelligible gibberish about “gop giveaway to the rich tax rates and screw job …” makes no sense. Obviously, you don’t grasp economics. Duh. That’s the actual thing.

Last edited:
Conclusion: America kind of sucks. I know inevitably the response I am going to get to this thread will be somewhere along the lines of "if you don't like it here, leave!"

Well, leave.

To avoid undue hardship because of things you don't like in one country, simply move to another that more represents your ideals of a society. That doesn't require much thought to do.

All of those nations have people living healthier lifestyles than we do and don't have the demographics that make equal outcomes impossible.

I really don’t think you have sources to back this up.
Are you serious? You live in a country/society that literally will cancel you for body-shaming a fat person for telling them to change their dietary habits. For encouraging a fat person to take care of their bodies. Instead we encourage them to be proud of the habits that made them what they are.

And we're only 2nd to China in overall car ownership in the world.

Like 10% for the big guy. Like the incredible greed of the Clintons. Like the Democrat penchant for obtaining power for the sake of power. Your unintelligible gibberish about “foo giveaway was to the rich tax rates and screw job …” makes no sense. Obviously, you don’t grasp economics. Duh. That’s the actual thing.
They wrote books and gave speeches, hater dupe. or total bs. Try reality...google inequality, super duper. You are brainwashed/clueless.

Such as, hater dupe? And BULLSHYTTE
Your posts are usually unclear. As is your thinking. I’m not a hater nor am I a dupe. I do detest the liberal and progressive shit that has infested the Democrap Party for many years. But that’s an objection to their goals and agendas. Not to people. You retards hate actual people. And you spelled “bullshit” wrong. You dolt.

The policy presences is rhe libtards and progressives seek such odious crap as “democracy” rather than the “republic”
We are supposed to be. It involves the imposition of your moronic agendas like weakening our military capacity. It involves things lie an endless desire to obtain power over the people at the expense of personal liberties and freedoms. (Just stop and honestly think about the audacity of the Obamacare notion that we can be told by our government what to buy and what we must buy whether we like it or not.) the lack of responsibility of the Democrat Parody is manifest in their insatiable desire to tax virtually everything.

They “need” the money to implement their policies but never seem to be detered by the limitations on their actual authority to even be engaged in the things they are using that money for. Like the Department of Education. That’s NOT part of their limited and enumerated wedges of authority. They never see a problem that they think isn’t within their ambit even when it isn’t within their ambit. And therefore they spend more and tax more and dddicit spend us into oblivion when they never had the proper authority to have spent dime one. And they are doing this to our dire peril and detriment. Our fiscal irresponsibility is going to be our demise.

I know you won’t take seriously a single letter of any of this. So, why even ask? You go ahead and spew your platitudes and baseless claims. But if you ever do want to seriously discuss these matters, I think you’re going to have to step up first to realizing that the problems are real, they are pressing and urgent and they need to be dealt with with that in mind.

Renaming military bases to virtue signal is not paying serious attention to the serious and pressing problems we are truly facing. Neither is worrying about allowing males to swim on women’s swim teams in college. Nor is allowing unisex bathrooms for schools.

Voting Democrat is not fixing anything.

They wrote books and gave speeches, hater dupe. or total bs. Try reality...google inequality, super duper. You are brainwashed/clueless.
You are the one who is obviously brainwashed, you useless idiot. Google “reality,” troll boy. But it likely won’t matter. You have no way of ever grasping any part of reality. You dimwit.

Forum List

Back