Lock Down

Because of the shortcomings in social conscientiousness, education and common sense, these measures were necessary to avoid the worst. The alternative was too barbaric for our times. We must, nonetheless, take to heart the lessons for the next, unavoidable occasion.

Was the lock down really necessary?
yes
Botch, food supplies are going to run out, soon.

I doubt that. I think some companies may be looking for a little sympathy and, of course, money. They will get the former...not so sure about the latter.
I hope I'm right about this...I am sort of addicted to food.
some states are padding their corona death counts for some extra money

yes

I doubt that. I think some companies may be looking for a little sympathy and, of course, money. They will get the former...not so sure about the latter.
You seem to make light of something you expect like you're entitled. To many Americans believe this stuff just appears for us to consume.

yes

You seem to make light of something you expect like you're entitled. To many Americans believe this stuff just appears for us to consume.

We subsidized the farmers....then we bailed them out....then bailed them out again....then issued $2.2T more in handouts (of which they got some of course).....I'm not worried about the farmers. They probably had a record year with all of the free money the blob sent them.

Desperado has this link in another thread
We have over reacted.
The Taxpayers are being looted.
Billions are going to suffer because the economy is tanked.
The cure is worse than the disease.

Pelosi and Schumer are playing pump a chump with the Taxpayers
Cuomo is trying to get the other 49 states to bail-out NY's debt.

Desperado has this link in another thread
We have over reacted.
The Taxpayers are being looted.
Billions are going to suffer because the economy is tanked.
The cure is worse than the disease.

We don't know that and probably never will. There is no good or bad call on this one because it's something we (and the world) have never really experienced before. We could open up and not only suffer a relapse, but a much worse one. We could stay closed down for a while and lose a lot of companies and jobs that even the federal government cannot support.

No matter what we do, it's a tragedy for our debt.

For those with pre-existing conditions extremely important.. Not for the young and not for the healthy

Yes, but on the other hand, the young and healthy could contract the virus and spread it to those of us who are elderly or with complex medical issues.
Absolutely and that’s why you do the self distancing with those people

Understood, but we obviously are doing something to bring this under control and working. So is the answer to do the opposite?

We should only be quarantining the people who are sick, the elderly and people with health issues.
We royally screwed up by quarantining everyone and it is destroying the economy.
People have lost their businesses and life savings.

For those with pre-existing conditions extremely important.. Not for the young and not for the healthy

Yes, but on the other hand, the young and healthy could contract the virus and spread it to those of us who are elderly or with complex medical issues.

Understood, but we obviously are doing something to bring this under control and working. So is the answer to do the opposite?
Studies are showing most people already been affected by this disease in our OK to go back to work

Studies are showing most people already been affected by this disease in our OK to go back to work

We don't have the testing to prove that, only certain places. Who knows when we will have enough tests to show who had this thing already. Some are saying that before the virus was known, people thought they had the flu, so it might have been with us much longer than we thought.

Forum List

Back