Marijuana legalization clashes with drug testing in the workplace

"Drug testing" is bullshit. Nobody should bend over for that kind of statist overreach. I won't even patronize businesses that do it.

I can't believe We the Sheeple just bent over for that shit and enabled it. Now look where we are. Good job, assholes. Way to stand up.

Do not ship anything, via any carrier then. ALL truck drivers are drug tested.

I'm not. But I don't know how you can look at that and not see blatant discrimination, if the cannabis didn't factor in some incident.
Discrimination against people using currently federally illegal drugs? Your comments are a joke.

You're suggesting it's the role of the corporation to enforce the laws of the State?

What are you, some kind of fascist?

Corporations are told by the state to withhold taxes, to withhold SSI, to hold workman's comp, to withhold unemployment insurance. They are told what laws they have to uphold as far as wages, insurance, as far as health regulations. If you are a tire company, some states will not allow you to leave their property if the tire tread is not deep enough, and the state prevents it. If you are a CDL driver, you are required to random drug test and submit the results to the DOT. If a driver cannot pass a physical exam the company has to place the driver out of service because of DOT laws.

If you are a bank and a person brings in a deposit of over $10,000, the law requires the bank to have that customer fill out a form.

Hire a person and their Social Security number comes back as a duplicate or fraudulent. You need to fill out paper work and work with the individual to make sure they are legal.

The laws that businesses need to comply with are long and tedious. So a drug test in a business is nothing.

Man, that was an airball post. :lol:

Those are regulations on that business. Of course they have to comply with their own regulations -- we all do.

Fascist-boy here would seem to have corporation-as-cop, snooping around to see if you turned without signaling; laws that are irrelevant to its business.

Somehow it goes with that same authoritarian-worshiping mentality. I guess. I've never understood this idea that some entity -- whether a government, a corporation, a cop, whatever -- should have supreme and unchecked power. Maybe that's just me.
If too many people feel like you then the business wouldn't have anyone to hire therefore would fail. That is be balance check. You have this funny entitlement that a business has to hire you despite you doing whatever the fuck you want. It's your choice who you work for. This isn't communism.

Uh..... nnnno, ... it ... isn't ...... communism, that's right.....

:cuckoo:

If more workers stood up for themselves, this whole mangy idea would have been dropped like a hot potato and wiped from the history books. It would be an uevent that never happened. But as long as authoritarian sycophants are ready to genuflect, they'll get away with it.

When they came for the pot smokers I said nothing because I was not a pot smoker....

Discrimination against people using currently federally illegal drugs? Your comments are a joke.

You're suggesting it's the role of the corporation to enforce the laws of the State?

Corporations are told by the state to withhold taxes, to withhold SSI, to hold workman's comp, to withhold unemployment insurance. They are told what laws they have to uphold as far as wages, insurance, as far as health regulations. If you are a tire company, some states will not allow you to leave their property if the tire tread is not deep enough, and the state prevents it. If you are a CDL driver, you are required to random drug test and submit the results to the DOT. If a driver cannot pass a physical exam the company has to place the driver out of service because of DOT laws.

If you are a bank and a person brings in a deposit of over $10,000, the law requires the bank to have that customer fill out a form.

Hire a person and their Social Security number comes back as a duplicate or fraudulent. You need to fill out paper work and work with the individual to make sure they are legal.

The laws that businesses need to comply with are long and tedious. So a drug test in a business is nothing.

Those are regulations on that business. Of course they have to comply with their own regulations -- we all do.

Fascist-boy here would seem to have corporation-as-cop, snooping around to see if you turned without signaling; laws that are irrelevant to its business.

Somehow it goes with that same authoritarian-worshiping mentality. I guess. I've never understood this idea that some entity -- whether a government, a corporation, a cop, whatever -- should have supreme and unchecked power. Maybe that's just me.
If too many people feel like you then the business wouldn't have anyone to hire therefore would fail. That is be balance check. You have this funny entitlement that a business has to hire you despite you doing whatever the fuck you want. It's your choice who you work for. This isn't communism.

If more workers stood up for themselves, this whole mangy idea would have been dropped like a hot potato and wiped from the history books. It would be an uevent that never happened. But as long as authoritarian sycophants are ready to genuflect, they'll get away with it.

When they came for the pot smokers I said nothing because I was not a pot smoker....
You're right, if more workers said no at certain jobs then maybe it would stop but the truth is most people don't want to work with dirty hippie pot heads anyways if they are of a decent social class. Stick with taco bell, mcdonald's, walmart if you want to do drugs. You probably believe the country would be better if everyone was high all the time.

"Drug testing" is bullshit. Nobody should bend over for that kind of statist overreach. I won't even patronize businesses that do it.

I can't believe We the Sheeple just bent over for that shit and enabled it. Now look where we are. Good job, assholes. Way to stand up.

He needs to stay off all private and public transportation, he should not patronize any city or state agency. Most grocery stores, and every hospital do drug tests.

He pretty much have to give up eating a restaurant. All the auto dealers and their service centers drug test. Many doctors offices drug test as do dentists.

Drug tests are pretty much the norm in this day and age.

Lol!

You're right, if more workers said no at certain jobs then maybe it would stop but the truth is most people don't want to work with dirty hippie pot heads anyways if they are of a decent social class. Stick with taco bell, mcdonald's, walmart if you want to do drugs. You probably believe the country would be better if everyone was high all the time.

It has nothing to do with "being high" or "doing drugs", in which I have zero interest. It's a principle that apparently sails over your head.

Not the first time that particular flight path has been logged IIRC.

He needs to stay off all private and public transportation, he should not patronize any city or state agency. Most grocery stores, and every hospital do drug tests.

He pretty much have to give up eating a restaurant. All the auto dealers and their service centers drug test. Many doctors offices drug test as do dentists.

-- "so let's all just cave in", right?

Jellyfish.

It has nothing to do with "being high" or "doing drugs", in which I have zero interest. It's a principle that apparently sails over your head.

Not the first time that particular flight path has been logged IIRC.
Go start a druggie city with all the other people that don't mind others in charge of safety being druggies. See how productive the society is.

Jellyfish.

Whatever you feel like calling it, I don't care if you want to be a nutter. No real reason not to take them, it's a choice and you made your choice and I can make mine. The worker has freedom and so does the business.

Jellyfish.

Whatever you feel like calling it, I don't care if you want to be a nutter. No real reason not to take them, it's a choice and you made your choice and I can make mine. The worker has freedom and so does the business.

And your choice is Eunuch.
Nothing's changed, I called out you jellyfish at the beginning and you admit it. As I said in the first place, way to stand up for your rights, Bender.

Jellyfish.

Nothing's changed, I called out you jellyfish at the beginning and you admit it. As I said in the first place, way to stand up for your rights, Bender.
You will have the power whenever they need you more than you need them but that's not gonna happen because with your point of views you probably have no skillz.

.The list goes on and on here, I hate I absolutely HATE out of staters now. They have ruined the place.

How great that your bigoted, irrelevant emotions DON'T MEAN A FUCKING THING TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING, you bitter old harpy.

Jellyfish.

You will have the power whenever they need you more than you need them but that's not gonna happen because with your point of views you probably have no skillz.

On the contrary my skills give me leverage.
Not that that should have to be a bargaining chip over a basic human right...

As for the latter, I do know how to spell the word skills.

As for "the power", that's the whole purpose of standing up collectively. It's why what you jellyfish who can't stand up for yourselves cost the rest of us -- they know there's enough jellyfish around that they can get away with it. If the unwashed lumpen proletariat had any guts that wouldn't be the case, and since they need workers, they'd be forced to give it up.

Don't you have a bridge to hide under? Sorry, my wifi sucks more than your posts. I work next door to a grow house, and they are nice and courteous and all that. But they are Californicating things up here. I just want ALL the states , i.e., the dreaded FED to get off their ass and decide, is it legal or NOT? Not mope around like indecisive morons.

Jellyfish.

On the contrary my skills give me leverage.
Not that that should have to be a bargaining chip over a basic human right...

As for the latter, I do know how to spell the word skills.

As for "the power", that's the whole purpose of standing up collectively. It's why what you jellyfish who can't stand up for yourselves cost the rest of us -- they know there's enough jellyfish around that they can get away with it. If the unwashed lumpen proletariat had any guts that wouldn't be the case, and since they need workers, they'd be forced to give it up.
Collectively I think people support drug testing so you are trying to argue a point that very few people give a fuck about therefore you will fail. I don't want to work with pot heads and the majority of people I know would feel the same way. Having guts is no part of it. I prefer testing so that people like you don't work with me. It only hurts people that use drugs. Pissing in a bottle isn't hard.

Anyone smoke grass? I have. Smoking, not my thing, vaping...haven't done that. But I deeply resent out of staters with their condescending attitudes, creating a climate here in Colorado as a druggie state. I want the fed to decide this issue once and for all here, I can't stand a bunch of out of staters telling US what is right and wrong, from marijuana to gay rights to illegal aliens, I have had it with you creeps.

Anyone smoke grass? I have. Smoking, not my thing, vaping...haven't done that. But I deeply resent out of staters with their condescending attitudes, creating a climate here in Colorado as a druggie state. I want the fed to decide this issue once and for all here, I can't stand a bunch of out of staters telling US what is right and wrong, from marijuana to gay rights to illegal aliens, I have had it with you creeps.
I agree... it's why I can't decide on whether to move to Colorado or not.

Forum List

Back