Maryland trio set free after being wrongfully jailed for 36 years

Falsely convicted US trio freed after 36 years

That's a long, long time.

The article lists several miscarriages of justice like this, mainly against black men, and I think is a strong
argument against the death penalty.

Basically, the police lie and the evidence put before the courts cannot be trusted. How many innocent folk have been executed on the whim of dishonest policemen ?

Democrats...racist to the core....the mayors of Baltimore have all been democrats since 1947.....except for one Republican who was in office 1963-67.......democrats have been denying Blacks their rights since the days of slavery, jim crow and the klan....why do Blacks put up with that crap from the democrats?
Why do you feel the need to deflect by spouting gibberish ?

No deflection...the Mayor appoints the Police Commissioner and appoints the District Attorney or they are voted into office by the population...either way...democrats....responsible for these prosecutions.
You are desperate. Link this to the cops who arrested them and made up the evidence.

Don't have to.....they don't prosecute the case......democrats in control of the city since 1947....they are the party of racism in this country.

The article lists several miscarriages of justice like this, mainly against black men, and I think is a strong

Basically, the police lie and the evidence put before the courts cannot be trusted. How many innocent folk have been executed on the whim of dishonest policemen ?

Mistakes are sometimes made.

I don't know if these 3 characters were "falsely convicted" or not, just that a liberal DA in Baltimore says they were.

But to attribute it to "dishonest police" without naming the supposed lying detectives is bullshit as it doesn't give the men an opportunity to defend themselves. There is a real good chance that the detectives involved in this case are (1) deceased (2) senile or (3) retired and playing bocce in The Villages.

I don't know if these 3 characters were "falsely convicted" or not, just that a liberal DA in Baltimore says they were.

But to attribute it to "dishonest police" without naming the supposed lying detectives is bullshit as it doesn't give the men an opportunity to defend themselves. There is a real good chance that the detectives involved in this case are (1) deceased (2) senile or (3) retired and playing bocce in The Villages.

"detectives targeted the three men, all 16-year-old black boys, using coaching and coercion of other teenage witnesses to make their case".

"detectives targeted the three men, all 16-year-old black boys, using coaching and coercion of other teenage witnesses to make their case".

And what do the detectives say about this? Do they see their actions as "dishonest"? Have they been fired or had their pensions lifted"

Just making an allegation isn't the same as actually proving the "Dishonesty" that was mentioned in the OP.

And what do the detectives say about this? Do they see their actions as "dishonest"? Have they been fired or had their pensions lifted"

Just making an allegation isn't the same as actually proving the "Dishonesty" that was mentioned in the OP.
The 3 victims of this corruption were released from prison you thick fucker. I am guessing it was proven.

The 3 victims of this corruption were released from prison you thick fucker. I am guessing it was proven.

Mistakes are sometimes made, and that isn't corruption. The state's attorney in Baltimore let these guys go, but that doesn't mean they are innocent at all. The idea of blacks in prison in America are usually innocent is a current liberal myth, and one they are going to great lengths to assert.

My personal guess is that they were released on technicalities after the detectives and relatives of the victims had passed, and no one could prove that technical errors weren't committed (36 years had passed)

Mistakes are sometimes made, and that isn't corruption. The state's attorney in Baltimore let these guys go, but that doesn't mean they are innocent at all. The idea of blacks in prison in America are usually innocent is a current liberal myth, and one they are going to great lengths to assert.

My personal guess is that they were released on technicalities after the detectives and relatives of the victims had passed, and no one could prove that technical errors weren't committed (36 years had passed)

Well the cops don't execute anyone (well not by lethal injection.) But I'm against the death penalty and always will be because I know for a fact we have killed innocent people on death row.

Democrats...racist to the core....the mayors of Baltimore have all been democrats since 1947.....except for one Republican who was in office 1963-67.......democrats have been denying Blacks their rights since the days of slavery, jim crow and the klan....why do Blacks put up with that crap from the democrats?
I thought blacks were mostly criminals?? at least that is what you republicans always tell us....on this very thread...

Now what were you saying about blacks putting up with stuff??
Perhaps if the democrats would actually help the Black community with something other than
lip service and Welfare.....for the last 50 years....there would be less in prison.

Odds are that all three would have died violent deaths or would have been incarcerated for other crimes soon after their mistaken convictions anyway.
That’s the culture that dems continue to perpetuate to this day.

It's unfortunate that sometimes an innocent person gets executed. But the vast majority are guilty of horrible murders and need to pay the ultimate penalty. ... :cool:
and corrupt prosecutors and officers who willfully frame innocent people should also face attempted murder charges....

But they don't. In the last the taxpayers get hit with millions of dollars in settlements and nothing happens to those who caused that.

A million blacks are rightfully jailed and he zooms on on three who weren't. :afro:
I knew that your type would have no problem with it.
Tommy, what happened to them is wrong. To anyone it is. What you need though is to be put into a nasty community in the middle of the night and see if anyone from their type assaults you a member of another type. And if you are of the gay type, wear clothing that denotes it. Sort of a feasibility study.

There was more done here than just make an allegation. The trio were cleared.

I figures 36 million dollar payment to each one would be sufficient.

How did you "figure" that?

Working in a prison only pays $20 an hour today, and a whole lot less back in the 80's.

What makes them entitled to become millionaires?

If Baltimore wants to pay them, that's their business. But I certainly wouldn't.

Working in a prison only pays $20 an hour today, and a whole lot less back in the 80's.

If Baltimore wants to pay them, that's their business. But I certainly wouldn't.

They will be paid and paid a lot but whatever it is will not be worth what they have lost.

They will be paid and paid a lot but whatever it is will not be worth what they have lost.

Probably lost getting shot in the back of the head when they were 19. Remember , these people were living in Baltimore- the kind of place that you take your life into your own hands just going out into the streets.

If WRONGFULLY convicted, you can bet I would be getting mine. The state has WRONGFULLY put them in jail. Now the state owes them BIG TIME.

Probably lost getting shot in the back of the head when they were 19. Remember , these people were living in Baltimore- the kind of place that you take your life into your own hands just going out into the streets.

Which is not helped by setting up and arresting the wrong people.

Forum List

Back