🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

Millions of crimes are committed to feed these people's drug habits.

Millions!!!! LOL

Did you run out of fingers and toes to count on lib? /SARCASM

I was too busy counting your “millions” of crimes dick lips.

Your frothing at the mouth hatred is noted.

Your millions of brain cells short of working organ dick lips.

Triggered lib alert ^^^ lol run along go work your job at Walmart.

It's all part of the lib mantra of "Only tell the truth on the second tuesday of each week". ;)

And add to that, when I worked in the pen, everyo ne of the cons had been arrested mulpile times for felonies before they ever went to prison. Seems to me to be a step in the right direction. Here's one story, a con told me that he was locked up for taking his car from his ex wifes home, and the car was in his name, but he caught a felony rap for it. Sounds pretty bad. I asked the captain about and he said it was all true, except that the con left out the part about having his kidnapped daughter in the back seat!
How is it possible for a parent to kidnap their own daughter? Let alone go to prison for it.

A wall will not help. You can go over it, under it, around it.. and since it probably won't be built, it's not a problem. Drugs do not only enter the country through the Mexican boarder.
That being said- there is really no way to keep people from acquiring drugs. Locking up any citizen who's ever bought or sold is a ridiculous endeavor. The war on drugs is not being "won" and it never will be.
Here's how I have always looked at It :

Republicans in power = better government policy and a better environment for businesses to thrive

Democrats in power = less harassment on personal freedoms

But that HAS NOT been as true with Obama, yes he's eased up on enforcement of drug and immigration laws

But he's diminished personal freedom in so many other areas. From requiments to purchase insurance to regulating school lunch ; the last administration was perniciously encroaching on personal freedom

Bush wasn't any better, giving us the Patriot Act

In my lifetime, Jimmy Carter and Barrack Obama have used the power of the government to overwhelm businesses with regulations and Ronald Reagan and George Bush (x2) have made it easy for businesses to thrive

Clinton was a mixed bag

Trump is doing better than any of them on that front

But it looks like we're getting tough on enforcement, just like Reagan did - you 'member where the campaign slogan MAGA came from?

I 'member

220px-Let%27s_Make_America_Great_Again_button.jpeg
Republicans in power:
corruption- corporation over human
rich get richer poor get poorer
rejection of science
destruction of environment
failed economic policy after failed economic policy
recession/depression
bigotry/discrimination
loss of rights

Democrats in power:
economy flourishes
unemployment drops
expansion of human rights
better government policies
healthier environment
LOL, the economy has sucked, we don't all have compfy government jobs. You can pack the rest of your filth right back up where it came from. You have no facts, just hate.
he shared his opinion with me I shared mine with him. Up pops the weasel. The economy has sucked, under most GOP presidents. Go back into your hole.
We did great with Reagan and even Bush until the dems took over congress. You're a liar and if you want a private discussion use the PM function.
bush? Go back to bed.

It's all part of the lib mantra of "Only tell the truth on the second tuesday of each week". ;)

And add to that, when I worked in the pen, everyo ne of the cons had been arrested mulpile times for felonies before they ever went to prison. Seems to me to be a step in the right direction. Here's one story, a con told me that he was locked up for taking his car from his ex wifes home, and the car was in his name, but he caught a felony rap for it. Sounds pretty bad. I asked the captain about and he said it was all true, except that the con left out the part about having his kidnapped daughter in the back seat!
How is it possible for a parent to kidnap their own daughter? Let alone go to prison for it.

It goes on all the time. If the father of the child takes the child away from the legal guardian namely the mother, that's kidnapping.

"The move is a reversal of ex-President Barack Obama's policy to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes.

It means we are going to meet our responsibility to enforce the law with judgment and fairness," Mr Sessions said on Friday. "It is simply the right and moral thing to do."

Mr Sessions' predecessor, Eric Holder, had instructed prosecutors in 2013 to avoid pursuing the maximum punishment for criminals in cases such as minor drug offences, which would have triggered mandatory minimum sentencing.

The 2013 policy also encouraged prosecutors to omit details about drug quantities in cases of non-violent offenders with no previous charges or ties to gangs or cartels to avoid harsher punishments.
Mandatory minimum sentences laws, which were passed in the 1980s and 1990s as part of the US "war on drugs", prevent judges from applying discretion when sentencing certain drug offences and are instead determined by the quantity of drugs involved in the crime.
Mr Obama had sought to ease mandatory minimum sentences to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes and help relieve overcrowded prisons in the US as part of criminal justice reform."

US law boss Sessions orders harsher criminal sentencing - BBC News

"The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars,
China, which is four times more populous than the United States, is a distant second, with 1.6 million people in prison

If you count only adults, one in 100 Americans is locked up
The only other major industrialized nation that even comes close is Russia, with 627 prisoners for every 100,000 people.
The others have much lower rates. England's rate is 151; Germany's is 88; and Japan's is 63.
(
The median among all nations is about 125, roughly a sixth of the American rate)

Criminologists and legal experts here and abroad point to a tangle of factors to explain America's extraordinary incarceration rate: higher levels of violent crime, harsher sentencing laws, a legacy of racial turmoil, a special fervor in combating illegal drugs, the American temperament, and the lack of a social safety net. Even democracy plays a role, as judges — many of whom are elected, another American anomaly — yield to populist demands for tough justice.
Whatever the reason, the gap between American justice and that of the rest of the world is enormous and growing.

The spike in American incarceration rates is quite recent. From 1925 to 1975, the rate remained stable, around 110 people in prison per 100,000 people. It shot up with the movement to get tough on crime in the late 1970s.

People who commit nonviolent crimes in the rest of the world are less likely to receive prison time and certainly less likely to receive long sentences. The United States is, for instance, the only advanced country that incarcerates people for minor property crimes like passing bad checks, Whitman wrote.

In 1980, there were about 40,000 people in American jails and prisons for drug crimes. These days, there are almost 500,000.
"The U.S. pursues the war on drugs with an ignorant fanaticism," said Stern of King's College.

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy.

Burglars in the United States serve an average of 16 months in prison, according to Mauer, compared with 5 months in Canada and 7 months in England."
U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations
the party of nothing but repeal and Increased Litigation, strikes again.
Yea I mean why not make billions off of the poor SOBs that can't afford thousands in bail and lawyer fees. Lock em up, lock em up. You know, the American way. $$$$$$$$
Who cares about their lives, their kids, their communities?
Just a "back door" to raise more revenue through restitution laws or forfeiture laws. It is a "conflict of interest" since it can be a form of "double taxation" with that misuse of process.

And, we have a Commerce Clause not Any form of drug war clause nor even any form of Prohibition clause, since the repeal of that historical mistake, last millennium.

It goes on all the time. If the father of the child takes the child away from the legal guardian namely the mother, that's kidnapping.
That shouldn't even be a law.
Yes it should, since a court has already decided that parent cannot be a legal guardian and they had to have a reason. Sometimes it's a damned good one. It has to do with child safety.

is that a trick question? lol
jail is local run, short stays, people who are arrested and waiting for trial
prison is after sentencing, gov run or private run, long duration
That's pretty much it. People in prison have already been convicted. People in jail, for the most part, have not gone to trial.

Yes it should, since a court has already decided that parent cannot be a legal guardian and they had to have a reason. Sometimes it's a damned good one. It has to do with child safety.
That is a child services issue, not a criminal one.

What is constitutional about the war on drugs and kicking peoples door down?

Why don't you let a few Portland Junkies stay at your house? Use your shower. give them a room? They are just people that need help right? Practice what you preach........it is only right. Plenty of junkies on the downtown streets up there. do your part.
No thanks. You pay for the drug war, I will pay for our war on poverty.

is that a trick question? lol
jail is local run, short stays, people who are arrested and waiting for trial
prison is after sentencing, gov run or private run, long duration
That's pretty much it. People in prison have already been convicted. People in jail, for the most part, have not gone to trial.
oh okay, i thought you found a major flaw in my knowledge lol :biggrin:

Build a wall?
I've heard the Mexicans are excellent tunnel builders :2up:

And we're pretty good at burying them alive inside their tunnels....that's the part you don't hear about.
A wall will not help. You can go over it, under it, around it.. and since it probably won't be built, it's not a problem. Drugs do not only enter the country through the Mexican boarder.
That being said- there is really no way to keep people from acquiring drugs. Locking up any citizen who's ever bought or sold is a ridiculous endeavor. The war on drugs is not being "won" and it never will be.
the federal government is the largest purchaser of drugs in the entire world.

That shouldn't even be a law.

The courts decide who will have custody of the child when the couple separates. When you violate court orders even if it's concerning your own child, it's no different than violating any other court order.

What is constitutional about the war on drugs and kicking peoples door down?

The feds have been losing the war on drugs for 50 years. Their strategy has always been to incarcerate any and all offenders. Having totally lost this war, they want to double down and incarnate even more people. It is kind of like McNamara's strategy to win the war in Vietnam. The obvious solution is to decriminalize most drugs, which would knock the legs out from under the drug cartels, and provide free methadone, and other treatments for addicts. But this means that the moralists in D.C. will have to admit that they lost the war.

I believe the war on drugs has mostly been WON. Attention has been paid to the extent a whole generation of Xers pretty much went straight. Having to make a living did that for them too, but let's no kid ourselves....there comes a time when an adult starts acting like an adult or doesn't. Build the wall, go after the cartels, teach something but gibberish in the public schools, and then tell me how the war is going....that will pretty much settle the issue.
Build a wall?

ahh......yes. The old party lines. What is easier to defend? A hole in the ground? Or 1000 miles of open desert. Do you have any idea how hard the dirt is out there in that desert? I bet it takes them a year to go 1mile?
Any real fence would have ground detection. Heroin is pouring across these open borders yet no one cares?
No one is making you do heroin.

Build a wall?

And we're pretty good at burying them alive inside their tunnels....that's the part you don't hear about.
That's another thing I don't agree with- giving people jail time for drugs the government sells, like xanax.
Government locking up people for selling what they also sell is like a king pin taking out a hit on their competition lol

Build a wall?

That's another thing I don't agree with- giving people jail time for drugs the government sells, like xanax.
Government locking up people for selling what they also sell is like a king pin taking out a hit on their competition lol

Well you may feel that way until tragedy hits your immediate family, then you will change your opinion. Trust me.

Forum List

Back