Massive Twister Hitting OKC

I hope the people of Oklahoma fare well in this crisis. I also hope the people of Oklahoma remember that when they ultimately ask for relief..that Senator Coburn and Senator Inhofe voted no to Sandy relief.
Welcome to My ignore list. Cannot let any tragedy go to waste, can you?

Welcome to REALITY.

These people have more than the heartache of losing lives. Somehow, they have to rebuild. If you have never seen it or experienced, you just can't' know how bad it is.

Some of our congress vote against helping these people. THAT makes it political. If you want to blame someone, blame those who turn their back on AMERICANS who need help.

CaféAuLait;7262405 said:
One thing that gives Me heart. Oklahoma knows tornadoes and they know how to build for them. those two schools were totaled, but that is an outside view.

I cannot believe they would not have had underground shelter.

Reports now are of an EF5. That means nothing above ground is considered safe. I watched this monster almost from its formation. Most frightening images of weather I've ever seen.

In Kansas none of the schools there had underground shelters, that I dealt with. Bathrooms were the shelters
Isn't Norman the town that had no working sirens in 1999 when they were hit with a huge tornado?

Why wouldn't they have reinforced at least the schools with some sort of shelter.

I'd have to think twice before I put a kid in a school that was so poorly built.

Impossible to build a school able to withstand an EF-4/EF-5 tornado. The only alternative is to build an underground tornado shelter. Doubt most school systems could afford to build that.

I hope the people of Oklahoma fare well in this crisis. I also hope the people of Oklahoma remember that when they ultimately ask for relief..that Senator Coburn and Senator Inhofe voted no to Sandy relief.

Welcome to REALITY.

These people have more than the heartache of losing lives. Somehow, they have to rebuild. If you have never seen it or experienced, you just can't' know how bad it is.

Some of our congress vote against helping these people. THAT makes it political. If you want to blame someone, blame those who turn their back on AMERICANS who need help.

Amazing isn't it?

Why don't these fucks do the right thing in the first place?

CaféAuLait;7262405 said:
In Kansas none of the schools there had underground shelters, that I dealt with. Bathrooms were the shelters
Isn't Norman the town that had no working sirens in 1999 when they were hit with a huge tornado?

Why wouldn't they have reinforced at least the schools with some sort of shelter.

I'd have to think twice before I put a kid in a school that was so poorly built.

Impossible to build a school able to withstand an EF-4/EF-5 tornado. The only alternative is to build an underground tornado shelter. Doubt most school systems could afford to build that.
I guess it all depends on your priorities. Nothing above ground survives an EF5......

Plaza Towers Elementary School has children still trapped, and they're still trying to locate kids according to a bystander, who is crying intermittently. Many of the parents are looking intently for their child. It's grim what is thought happened to some third graders, their fates not known for sure.

Two more days of this threatening weather in the area, according to commentator Shep Smith. :(

Last edited:

Welcome to REALITY.

Amazing isn't it?

Both of you need to shut the fuck up and stop politicizing this! There are now reports coming in that 24 more children (3rd graders) at Plaza Towers Elementary School are now dead. The death toll is rising, and all you two can do is discuss politics!? How dare you?

You sicken me.

Last edited:
Plaza Towers Elementary School has children still trapped, and they're still trying to locate kids according to a bystander, who is crying intermittently. Many of the parents are looking intently for their child. It's grim what is thought happened to some third graders, their fates not known for sure.

Two more days of this threatening weather in the area, according to commentator Shep Smith. :(

Keep us posted on where we can donate to help.

If I thought it would do any good, I'd take the first plane to Oklahoma to help dig those kids out.

:(

If I thought it would do any good, I'd take the first plane to Oklahoma to help dig those kids out.

Mr. Smith recommended the Red Cross and Salvation Army. That's generous of you, Mr. Sallow. I'll be looking out for the Governor's office for that kind of answer for a general fund, and get back to you when they organize something. I think the people of Oklahoma are currently so shocked plus, they have two more days of hellish weather ahead according to what they're saying.

Welcome to REALITY.

Amazing isn't it?

Both of you need to shut the fuck up and stop politicizing this! There are now reports coming in that 24 more children (4th graders) at Plaza Towers Elementary School are believed to be dead. The death toll may rise, and all you two can do is discuss politics!?

You sicken me.

No, actually..you sicken me.

Superstorm Sandy Deaths, Damage And Magnitude: What We Know One Month Later

That's what happened to us.

I spent my weekends shuttling goods to help people who were displaced by the storm.

We needed help from the Federal government. THATS THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION. YOU HAVE A NEED AND THEY HELP. That's part of the reason for taxation.

The very folks WHO NOW WILL BE EXPECTING HELP from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, BLOCKED AID TO NEW YORK.

Our tragedy was NO LESS SEVERE and our NEED was JUST AS GREAT.

So REMEMBER HOW YOU FOLKS ACTED toward NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY and the surrounding areas.

OUR SENATORS will surely vote yes to help.

They have too.

They are human.

Last edited:
I grew up in OKC, (southside) The tornado danger is yearly there and it is a dangerous place to live. Let's hope for the best for these folks. I still can't get messages answered by kinfolk and friends there.

Mr. Smith recommended the Red Cross and Salvation Army. That's generous of you, Mr. Sallow. I'll be looking out for the Governor's office for that kind of answer for a general fund, and get back to you when they organize something. I think the people of Oklahoma are currently so shocked plus, they have two more days of hellish weather ahead according to what they're saying.

I ran clothing, food, and blankets to our local churches.

It's a great way to start to get out relief on a local level.

I will be sure to make a donation to the Red Cross..who I have done work for..for the people of Oklahoma.

I grew up in OKC, (southside) The tornado danger is yearly there and it is a dangerous place to live. Let's hope for the best for these folks. I still can't get messages answered by kinfolk and friends there.

thoughts and prayers with you. Let us know. Fortunately my family is ok.

Moonglow, call the Red Cross in the area. They are connecting people as soon as they possibly can.

I located this press release at Governor Mary Fallin's office in OK:

Press Release
Sunday, May 19, 2013

Governor Fallin Declares State of Emergency Due to Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, Flooding

OKLAHOMA CITY – Governor Mary Fallin today declared a State of Emergency for 16 Oklahoma counties due to tornadoes, severe storms, straight-line winds and flooding that began Saturday.
The counties included in the declaration are: Caddo, Cleveland, Comanche, Creek, Garfield, Grant, Greer, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, McClain, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Pawnee, Payne and Pottawatomie.
The declaration can be amended to add additional counties if conditions warrant.
Since Saturday, these Oklahoma counties have experienced tornadoes, straight-line winds, damaging hail and flooding. Initial reports show damage in numerous communities including Bethel Acres, Carney, Edmond, Little Axe, Norman, Shawnee and Wellston. Further damage assessments are ongoing.
“Our hearts and prayers are with those Oklahomans who have been affected by today's severe weather," Fallin said. "The state of emergency declaration will allow state agencies to help expedite the delivery of resources to local jurisdictions to aid with the clean up and recovery from today's storm."
Under the Executive Order, state agencies can make emergency purchases and acquisitions needed to expedite the delivery of resources to local jurisdictions. The declaration also marks a first step toward seeking federal assistance should it be necessary.

Forum List

Back