Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

"You have no point" - yeah, I get that when I trigger the regressives, too.

Always funny to see how similar the two ends can be.

yes, everyone agrees you are pompous and full of shit.

No, everyone agrees that you are an ignorant left wing hack.
You'll notice that both a left winger (Joe) and a right winger (TheGreatGatsby) are furiously humping my leg in the same thread here, illustrating my sig beautifully.

And by the way, thanks for the civil response. This thread went into the shitter about 20 pages ago.
did you flush?
No, you're still here, humping my leg.
so the shit is still floating and you're waste high in it.

And there is where we disagree. While I agree that thebull in a china shop isn't a good long term strategy, it is much needed right now and I would like to see more republicans learn from Trump in that manner. Grow a spine, have some balls, and call them what they are. Most of what Trump is doing is good for this country. The media especially needed someone to bitch slap them, they needed that very badly and hopefully it will change them into something people can half way trust.

In january Kim Jong Un told Trump he was building an ICBM
Trump told him not to.
In july King Jong Un showed Trump his ICMB
Trump said, didn't he have better things to do.

While I don't agree with the argument -- think the GOP tore into Clinton & Obama just fine, and Trump has BEGGED for the attacks from ALL sides with his behaviors from the day he rode down the freakin' escalator -- I realize the base is very frustrated. Much of the reason for that frustration would make for a good separate thread.

So, what you're describing is frustration and maybe some anger. That's the FUCK YOU I refer to in the OP. And I think some are misinterpreting the "blow it up" part of the OP. I certainly don't think you guys want to damage the country, I just agree with what you say above - you look at his behavior "is in reaction to" the slights you feel the GOP has received, and you'll support anything that "blows up" the way you feel things are.

So, maybe here is the bottom line - I think this reaction, while you may feel it's warranted, is a really bad approach. It's not the one and only possible approach, but it's the one you've chosen. Maybe it will ultimately work, I sure as hell don't know.

You can't honestly compare what the left did to Reagan and Bush 1 to what little we did to Bill Clinton. His impeachment was for lying to Congress, and he was caught in a lie no question. Before that time the GOP and Conservatives did very little. And how can you compare any of that to what they did to Bush 2? We kept hearing that we have to be above that, we cannot stoop to their level. I heard it over and over and I'm still hearing it. Well, it hasn't gotten us anywhere and it was time for a new strategy.

So you think it's a bad approach, heard that before, so what are the alternatives? Take the high road? Turn the other cheek? Been there, done that, it's a loser.

Unless you have some completely different idea.
Since you're pretty much dealing with a political illiterate here, all I can give you is my best shot, such as it is:

To begin with, I'll admit to two things: First, the Democratic Party is simply repulsive to many Americans right now, and you and I both know the list of reasons why. Second, the GOP has successfully taken advantage of that fact, electorally, over the last, what, 6 years. Stipulated.

I'm looking more long term, and I think that the bull-in-the-china-shop approach can only work in the short term, particularly given our demographics. My approach would have been more incremental and less reactionary: Win with better ideas, get in and show that you can (a) legislate and (b) improve the country with your ideas, and you'll just keep winning, regardless of demographics or anything else.

The bull-in-the-china-shop approach is dangerous for both the party and the country. I don't think the Republican party was in nearly as bad a shape as it thought it was, it was time for reason and strategy, not for breaking things.

And there is where we disagree. While I agree that thebull in a china shop isn't a good long term strategy, it is much needed right now and I would like to see more republicans learn from Trump in that manner. Grow a spine, have some balls, and call them what they are. Most of what Trump is doing is good for this country. The media especially needed someone to bitch slap them, they needed that very badly and hopefully it will change them into something people can half way trust.
Maybe we can agree that, more than a FUCK YOU, it's meant more as a shock to the system.

The question is whether it turns out to be a shock that saves the patient or kills him.

It can only be good for him at this point.
Well, that philosophy kind of goes back to the OP.

His supporters are convinced that anything is better than the status quo, and that "anything" must happen right now.

That sounds like a Hail Mary.

yes, everyone agrees you are pompous and full of shit.

You'll notice that both a left winger (Joe) and a right winger (TheGreatGatsby) are furiously humping my leg in the same thread here, illustrating my sig beautifully.

And by the way, thanks for the civil response. This thread went into the shitter about 20 pages ago.
did you flush?
Ummm... if you're on his leg ... and he's covered in shit up to his waste -- doesn't that mean you just called yourself, "shit?"

did you flush?
Ummm... if you're on his leg ... and he's covered in shit up to his waste -- doesn't that mean you just called yourself, "shit?"
:laugh:

sshhhh, he's doing the best he can...

His supporters are convinced that anything is better than the status quo, and that "anything" must happen right now.

They believe Trump can solve problems because he's a great deal maker. Only to find out that politics is not like business. In business you pick an opportunity, and try to make a deal. If the deal doesn't work, you pick a different opportunity.
In politics you are given a situation, and if you can't make a deal, you can't just walk away from it.

They believe Trump can solve problems because he's a great deal maker. Only to find out that politics is not like business. In business you pick an opportunity, and try to make a deal. If the deal doesn't work, you pick a different opportunity.
In politics you are given a situation, and if you can't make a deal, you can't just walk away from it.
the thing you don't understand is the word accountability. you should go learn it.

Yeah, and the only place you'll find larger egos than the business world is the political world.

He can't just overwhelm people through the sheer force of his will any more, these people are too savvy for that.

Trump told him not to.

Irrelevant.

Go play in the street, child.

You can't honestly compare what the left did to Reagan and Bush 1 to what little we did to Bill Clinton. His impeachment was for lying to Congress, and he was caught in a lie no question. Before that time the GOP and Conservatives did very little. And how can you compare any of that to what they did to Bush 2? We kept hearing that we have to be above that, we cannot stoop to their level. I heard it over and over and I'm still hearing it. Well, it hasn't gotten us anywhere and it was time for a new strategy.

So you think it's a bad approach, heard that before, so what are the alternatives? Take the high road? Turn the other cheek? Been there, done that, it's a loser.

Unless you have some completely different idea.
Since you're pretty much dealing with a political illiterate here, all I can give you is my best shot, such as it is:

To begin with, I'll admit to two things: First, the Democratic Party is simply repulsive to many Americans right now, and you and I both know the list of reasons why. Second, the GOP has successfully taken advantage of that fact, electorally, over the last, what, 6 years. Stipulated.

I'm looking more long term, and I think that the bull-in-the-china-shop approach can only work in the short term, particularly given our demographics. My approach would have been more incremental and less reactionary: Win with better ideas, get in and show that you can (a) legislate and (b) improve the country with your ideas, and you'll just keep winning, regardless of demographics or anything else.

The bull-in-the-china-shop approach is dangerous for both the party and the country. I don't think the Republican party was in nearly as bad a shape as it thought it was, it was time for reason and strategy, not for breaking things.

Maybe we can agree that, more than a FUCK YOU, it's meant more as a shock to the system.

The question is whether it turns out to be a shock that saves the patient or kills him.

It would seem that I have failed to win you over.

It would seem that I have failed to win you over.
Yeah, but it's been interesting.

He's in charge, all I can do is hope for the best, and I do.

Trump told him not to.

Irrelevant.

Go play in the street, child.

Like when Trump bluffed about the Comey tape?
Now Kim Jong Un called Trumps bluff with an ICBM.
again,

the comey thing was brilliant. got him to admit he committed a felony.

Felony?

Did Comey ask for immunity to testify? NOPE, but Michael Flynn did
Did Comey plead the 5th? NOPE, but Michael Flynn did.
Did Comey lie to the FBI? NOPE, but Michael Flynn did.

Forum List

Back