Maybe I'm beginning to understand this Trump thing

Mac1958

If you're right, I'd still take this over Hillary. I'd rather be attacked from the front than the back.

Last edited:
Mac1958

If you're right, I'd still take this over Hillary. I'd prefer the one that's not gonna attack when my back is turned.

If you aren't a doormat to the likes of CNN, then something is wrong with your temperament, obviously.

Their temperament is completely fine though. Going after private citizens for posting gifs on reddit is totally legit.

Is there one piece of evidence that anything that Trump is doing is self-destructive?

If you have evidence for it, then present it. While it should make anyone happy that Trump is pissing total frauds who have plagued the American people for generations, that doesn't mean Trump is gonna blow up on our faces. In fact, that's a reason why he's not going to do so.

Thinking of blowing things up. Wasn't it a popular left-winger who recently publicly thought about blowing up the white house?

People are looking at Trump in the wrong way. Liberals deliberately do so. Trump is able to do his job, and he has, yet still he has time to bust the chops of the left and the news media. The guy is a machine! Gotta love it.

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.
Yeah, but they're also screwing THEMSELVES in the process...BIG TIME!
Well, that's my assumption too, but you never know. 2016 happened, I guess anything can happen.

After a LOT of observation and asking a LOT of questions, I've settled on one specific theory as to why Trump's fans have watched and cheered as he has done what he has done to the office of President of the United States: This is one, final, loud, angry primal scream, an historic vent, based on years of pent-up and growing frustration, a guy screaming FUCK YOU to his enemies as he blows up a building with he and his enemies in it.

They've said it themselves: They really DO NOT CARE what he does while in office, because a higher priority for them is pissing off their enemies. How many times have you seen that said on this forum? They've said it over and over. They're gonna hurt their enemies, even if it means real destruction to everything else. Kind of an over-the-top, hopeless, radical chemotherapy treatment for a terminal cancer patient.

Trump's is the first "Fuck it, blow it up, I don't give a shit" presidency. They've been made angrier and angrier by people who have a vested professional interest in fanning the flames, and I also think they realize they let it all get away from them, and now it's just too late. So, fuck it. Blow it up. Then let it burn.

So Trump is their last, loud gasp, their final FUCK YOU, and they're gonna cheer as the building goes up in flames.

Another aspect you haven't considered is that those of us who support him, do so because he represents something we have wanted to see for a long time.

Since Reagan was POTUS, the left began a never ending stream of vile rhetoric toward any Republican, especially a president. It was always there after that and really amplified during the Bush years. For decades we "took the high road" and "turned the other cheek". That got us nowhere. Then comes along a person who doesn't put up with that shit. You hit him, he hits back. Most of us believe that that is what is so desperately needed.

Have you ever seen a POTUS attacked more than Trump? You know as well as I do that the left started attacking Trump even before he won the primaries. His Tweets, his treatment of the media, is all in reaction to their behavior. We at least have one leader who will stand up to them, and he also wins most of the time, if not all of the time.

Another aspect you haven't considered is that those of us who support him, do so because he represents something we have wanted to see for a long time.

Since Reagan was POTUS, the left began a never ending stream of vile rhetoric toward any Republican, especially a president. It was always there after that and really amplified during the Bush years. For decades we "took the high road" and "turned the other cheek". That got us nowhere. Then comes along a person who doesn't put up with that shit. You hit him, he hits back. Most of us believe that that is what is so desperately needed.

Have you ever seen a POTUS attacked more than Trump? You know as well as I do that the left started attacking Trump even before he won the primaries. His Tweets, his treatment of the media, is all in reaction to their behavior. We at least have one leader who will stand up to them, and he also wins most of the time, if not all of the time.
While I don't agree with the argument -- think the GOP tore into Clinton & Obama just fine, and Trump has BEGGED for the attacks from ALL sides with his behaviors from the day he rode down the freakin' escalator -- I realize the base is very frustrated. Much of the reason for that frustration would make for a good separate thread.

So, what you're describing is frustration and maybe some anger. That's the FUCK YOU I refer to in the OP. And I think some are misinterpreting the "blow it up" part of the OP. I certainly don't think you guys want to damage the country, I just agree with what you say above - you look at his behavior "is in reaction to" the slights you feel the GOP has received, and you'll support anything that "blows up" the way you feel things are.

So, maybe here is the bottom line - I think this reaction, while you may feel it's warranted, is a really bad approach. It's not the one and only possible approach, but it's the one you've chosen. Maybe it will ultimately work, I sure as hell don't know.

"You have no point" - yeah, I get that when I trigger the regressives, too.

Always funny to see how similar the two ends can be.

yes, everyone agrees you are pompous and full of shit.

No, everyone agrees that you are an ignorant left wing hack.
You'll notice that both a left winger (Joe) and a right winger (TheGreatGatsby) are furiously humping my leg in the same thread here, illustrating my sig beautifully.

And by the way, thanks for the civil response. This thread went into the shitter about 20 pages ago.

Is there one piece of evidence that anything that Trump is doing is self-destructive?

If you have evidence for it, then present it. While it should make anyone happy that Trump is pissing total frauds who have plagued the American people for generations, that doesn't mean Trump is gonna blow up on our faces. In fact, that's a reason why he's not going to do so.

Thinking of blowing things up. Wasn't it a popular left-winger who recently publicly thought about blowing up the white house?

People are looking at Trump in the wrong way. Liberals deliberately do so. Trump is able to do his job, and he has, yet still he has time to bust the chops of the left and the news media. The guy is a machine! Gotta love it.

Yes, their real problem is how easily he makes their media hacks and pols look like the pathetic witless frauds they are, most of his 'tweets' are pretty good shots, and of course they can't handle it well. They actually have their base convinced they can get the serial felon and boodle collector Hillary in with this dumb 'Resistance' crap, which is another indication of how loony they are.

We should be encouraging them to nominate Maxine Waters in 2020, one of the many 'progressive' heroes who are noted for their brilliant twitters.

While I don't agree with the argument -- think the GOP tore into Clinton & Obama just fine, and Trump has BEGGED for the attacks from ALL sides with his behaviors from the day he rode down the freakin' escalator -- I realize the base is very frustrated. Much of the reason for that frustration would make for a good separate thread.

So, what you're describing is frustration and maybe some anger. That's the FUCK YOU I refer to in the OP. And I think some are misinterpreting the "blow it up" part of the OP. I certainly don't think you guys want to damage the country, I just agree with what you say above - you look at his behavior "is in reaction to" the slights you feel the GOP has received, and you'll support anything that "blows up" the way you feel things are.

So, maybe here is the bottom line - I think this reaction, while you may feel it's warranted, is a really bad approach. It's not the one and only possible approach, but it's the one you've chosen. Maybe it will ultimately work, I sure as hell don't know.

You can't honestly compare what the left did to Reagan and Bush 1 to what little we did to Bill Clinton. His impeachment was for lying to Congress, and he was caught in a lie no question. Before that time the GOP and Conservatives did very little. And how can you compare any of that to what they did to Bush 2? We kept hearing that we have to be above that, we cannot stoop to their level. I heard it over and over and I'm still hearing it. Well, it hasn't gotten us anywhere and it was time for a new strategy.

So you think it's a bad approach, heard that before, so what are the alternatives? Take the high road? Turn the other cheek? Been there, done that, it's a loser.

Unless you have some completely different idea.

You'll notice that both a left winger (Joe) and a right winger (TheGreatGatsby) are furiously humping my leg in the same thread here, illustrating my sig beautifully.

And by the way, thanks for the civil response. This thread went into the shitter about 20 pages ago.

Really dude? Did you really expect otherwise?

You can't honestly compare what the left did to Reagan and Bush 1 to what little we did to Bill Clinton. His impeachment was for lying to Congress, and he was caught in a lie no question. Before that time the GOP and Conservatives did very little. And how can you compare any of that to what they did to Bush 2? We kept hearing that we have to be above that, we cannot stoop to their level. I heard it over and over and I'm still hearing it. Well, it hasn't gotten us anywhere and it was time for a new strategy.

So you think it's a bad approach, heard that before, so what are the alternatives? Take the high road? Turn the other cheek? Been there, done that, it's a loser.

Since you're pretty much dealing with a political illiterate here, all I can give you is my best shot, such as it is:

To begin with, I'll admit to two things: First, the Democratic Party is simply repulsive to many Americans right now, and you and I both know the list of reasons why. Second, the GOP has successfully taken advantage of that fact, electorally, over the last, what, 6 years. Stipulated.

I'm looking more long term, and I think that the bull-in-the-china-shop approach can only work in the short term, particularly given our demographics. My approach would have been more incremental and less reactionary: Win with better ideas, get in and show that you can (a) legislate and (b) improve the country with your ideas, and you'll just keep winning, regardless of demographics or anything else.

The bull-in-the-china-shop approach is dangerous for both the party and the country. I don't think the Republican party was in nearly as bad a shape as it thought it was, it was time for reason and strategy, not for breaking things.

Since you're pretty much dealing with a political illiterate here, all I can give you is my best shot, such as it is:

To begin with, I'll admit to two things: First, the Democratic Party is simply repulsive to many Americans right now, and you and I both know the list of reasons why. Second, the GOP has successfully taken advantage of that fact, electorally, over the last, what, 6 years. Stipulated.

I'm looking more long term, and I think that the bull-in-the-china-shop approach can only work in the short term, particularly given our demographics. My approach would have been more incremental and less reactionary: Win with better ideas, get in and show that you can (a) legislate and (b) improve the country with your ideas, and you'll just keep winning, regardless of demographics or anything else.

The bull-in-the-china-shop approach is dangerous for both the party and the country. I don't think the Republican party was in nearly as bad a shape as it thought it was, it was time for reason and strategy, not for breaking things.

You are not taking in consideration the BIASE MSM's influence on all of the anti-Trump crowd and many of the undecided that depend on creating opinions based on the biased MSM headlines. The majority of the "undecided" crowd are just too busy to read the details and EVEN though they may like what Trump et.al. are saying once they understand the biased MSM...they still don't know the nitty-gritty. For example, even the well informed Rush still believes there were at least 33 million uninsured Americans and he has never seemed to recognize that 14 million were already eligible before ACA and 18 million under 34 making over $50k never WANTED or needed insurance!
This combined total of 32 million people was part of the bogus 46 million that many of the uninformed believed was valid! It was a lie. And that lie has been perpetuated by the BIASED MSM and many GOPers! Once the majority of the "undecided" and the GOPers understand that there NEVER was a health care crisis that it was fostered by Obama to eventually bring about "single payer" they might then understand what a vicious and undermining role the BIASED MSM has been in formulating public policy, i.e. Obamacare! Obamacare passed by just 7 Democrat votes...no GOPers and if these 7 Democrats had simply comprehended the basic flaw i.e. never were 46 million uninsured Americans then we wouldn't have had the manufactured crisis and the mess we have now. And that's just ONE example of how the BIASED MSM has influenced public policy!

And there is where we disagree. While I agree that thebull in a china shop isn't a good long term strategy, it is much needed right now and I would like to see more republicans learn from Trump in that manner. Grow a spine, have some balls, and call them what they are. Most of what Trump is doing is good for this country. The media especially needed someone to bitch slap them, they needed that very badly and hopefully it will change them into something people can half way trust.

And there is where we disagree. While I agree that thebull in a china shop isn't a good long term strategy, it is much needed right now and I would like to see more republicans learn from Trump in that manner. Grow a spine, have some balls, and call them what they are. Most of what Trump is doing is good for this country. The media especially needed someone to bitch slap them, they needed that very badly and hopefully it will change them into something people can half way trust.
Maybe we can agree that, more than a FUCK YOU, it's meant more as a shock to the system.

The question is whether it turns out to be a shock that saves the patient or kills him.

Yeah, but they're also screwing THEMSELVES in the process...BIG TIME!
Well, that's my assumption too, but you never know. 2016 happened, I guess anything can happen.
it's because pollsters told you what to think. funny, none of us did. you're gullible. you prove it daily in here. wahhhhhhhhhhh!!! cry baby.

Maybe we can agree that, more than a FUCK YOU, it's meant more as a shock to the system.

The question is whether it turns out to be a shock that saves the patient or kills him.

It can only be good for him at this point.

did you flush?

I just heard that 88% of Trump's tweets are positive info about the administration, leaving 12% to be attack/counter-attack tweets.

That's something you won't hear from the LSM.

Forum List

Back