McMahon ad: 'Would you lie about serving in a war?'

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Carrie Dann writes:

In a new ad, Connecticut Republican Linda McMahon is directly attacking her Senate opponent for incorrectly implying that he served in the Vietnam War.

The new spot comes just hours before the first debate between McMahon and Democratic candidate Richard Blumenthal, whose statements about his service in the war were first reported by The New York Times in May.

The spot includes a video clip of Blumenthal discussing the national reception that troops received "when we returned," from Vietnam, suggesting that he had served overseas. It also replays a clip revealed earlier this year in which Blumenthal spoke about changes in American attitudes about war "since the days that I served in Vietnam."

"Would you lie about serving in a war?" a narrator asks. "Dick Blumenthal did again and again. He covered one lie with another. He lied about Vietnam. What else is he lying about?"

According to the Times, Blumenthal received five military deferments between 1965-1970 and ultimately served in a Marine Reserve unit based in the United States. He has said that he has "misspoken" about his military record but that his "intention has always been to be completely clear and accurate and straightforward, out of respect to the veterans who served in Vietnam."

I served in the Cold War, and durning Desert Sheild and Storm. While I was in the combat zone I would never disgrace those that saw combat by claiming I was a combat vet.

And this fuck claims the woes of those that know exactly what war is like.

People like this need to be kept from serving the public in all forms. This much lack in integrity means he has none and probably never did.

Nope. I wouldn't.

Not only is it wrong it's just an insult to all those who are retired and currently serving.

(I'm serving in the Army in the future, just waiting for College to start. I'm going into ROTC.)

Nope. I wouldn't.

Not only is it wrong it's just an insult to all those who are retired and currently serving.

(I'm serving in the Army in the future, just waiting for College to start. I'm going into ROTC.)

:clap2:

Good luck to you. During RITC you will get yelled at often, frequintly and a lot. You will be put through things, told to do things, that don't make a damn bit of sense and if you don't do it right, well, I refer you to the 2nd sentence with push-ups.

Just keep in mind, they are preping you for war, and they need to rid themselves of those that will break under fire, before they are under fire.

And remember, ROTC will come to an end. That's one of the things people lose sight of.

hope she stomps that establishment lying piece of shit.

As much as I don't like these statements of Blumenthal, I dislike McMahon quite a bit more.

She and her husband built their empire based on the abuse and suffering of their employees - turning a blind eye to steroid abuse and safety concerns, which has led to many deaths.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
hope she stomps that establishment lying piece of shit.

As much as I don't like these statements of Blumenthal, I dislike McMahon quite a bit more.

She and her husband built their empire based on the abuse and suffering of their employees - turning a blind eye to steroid abuse and safety concerns, which has led to many deaths.

:thup:.. Exactly my sentiments.

I'm generally for democrats, unless they are decrim repubs like Palin/Paul and could give to dumps about someones service. But lying about being in Nam is a special low road.

It doesn't seem like Connecticut has much of a choice this year. A lot like California.

Forum List

Back