Migrant kids outperform local kids

No, I won't.....

Why won't you answer the questions? Afraid to demonstrate that you are talking out your ass?

YOur questioning presupposes that direct observation is the only valid way to form an opinion.

Which is obvious nonsense.

Reality as opposed to empty stereotyping is hardly nonsense. So, you admit you have to answer "no" to the questions?
Logical Fallacy of False Dilemma. It is absurd to pretend that lack of direct personal experience equates to "empty stereotyping".
Really? Be specific. And look up the definitions of the fallacy.

I did.

The two false choices here, I specifically stated and pointed out that they were not the only two choices.

Do you really need me to suggest a third alternative that is not covered by those two false choices?

Here is the link.

False dilemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the description.

"A false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, false binary, black-and-white thinking, bifurcation, denying a conjunct, the either–or fallacy, fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses, the fallacy of false choice, or the fallacy of the false alternative) is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which only limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option."

Answer my questions and you'll have your support.

No, I won't.....

Why won't you answer the questions? Afraid to demonstrate that you are talking out your ass?

YOur questioning presupposes that direct observation is the only valid way to form an opinion.

Reality as opposed to empty stereotyping is hardly nonsense. So, you admit you have to answer "no" to the questions?

Logical Fallacy of False Dilemma.

It is absurd to pretend that lack of direct personal experience equates to "empty stereotyping".
Let's try this again:

Have you ever set foot inside a school in Japan? Have you ever gotten to know a Japanese family? Ever seen one of these supposedly tortured children?

No.

I have read interesting academic studies on the impact of Asian populations on academic "competition" in upper class American communities.

It did not seem like healthy or productive competition to me.

It seemed much more like unnecessary and counterproductive pressure.

So, you read a magazine article; never once met any of the countless millions you, in your ignorance, would generalize and condemn, and you DARE type the word "logic" on this thread? Even you should know better.

No, I won't.....

It is absurd to pretend that lack of direct personal experience equates to "empty stereotyping".
Let's try this again:

Have you ever set foot inside a school in Japan? Have you ever gotten to know a Japanese family? Ever seen one of these supposedly tortured children?

No.

I have read interesting academic studies on the impact of Asian populations on academic "competition" in upper class American communities.

So, you read a magazine article; never once met any of the countless millions you, in your ignorance, would generalize and condemn, and you DARE type the word "logic" on this thread? Even you should know better.

And as I suspected you hold to your False Dilemma.

You are pretending to hold the position that Anecdotal Evidence trumps Academic Studies.

Why? Because it gives you a lazy out to dismiss an idea you don't like without any work on your part.

Logical Fallacy of False Dilemma. It is absurd to pretend that lack of direct personal experience equates to "empty stereotyping".

I did.

The two false choices here, I specifically stated and pointed out that they were not the only two choices.

Do you really need me to suggest a third alternative that is not covered by those two false choices?

Here is the link.

Here is the description.

"A false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, false binary, black-and-white thinking, bifurcation, denying a conjunct, the either–or fallacy, fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses, the fallacy of false choice, or the fallacy of the false alternative) is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which only limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option."
One, if there is an additional factor, you fail. And if there are only two options, then the alternatives are complete and no limitation exists. Can you show that the two factors are not the only ones? If so, you have a point.

I did.

Here is the link.

Here is the description.

One, if there is an additional factor, you fail. And if there are only two options, then the alternatives are complete and no limitation exists. Can you show that the two factors are not the only ones? If so, you have a point.

Third alternative: Informed by academic studies and personal observations on educational responses on the issue.

I await your self serving bullshit as to why you claim this is not valid.

I did.

Here is the link.

Here is the description.

Third alternative: Informed by academic studies and personal observations on educational responses on the issue.

No, you have to show an alternative not academic studies. All you had to do was to say that his conclusion was not accurate, and then offer the studies, instead there was another alternative. There was not.

Correll, please operate at your normal level of mediocrity.

You embarrassed yourself.

I won't respond again, because there is nothing you can do to explain yourself.

Out.

I did.

Here is the link.

Here is the description.

No, you have to show an alternative not academic studies. All you had to do was to say that his conclusion was not accurate, and then offer the studies, instead there was another alternative. There was not.

He presented two choices, A. Personal Experience, or B. "empty stereotyping".

C. Academic Studies is a Third Choice, which proves that he was employing the Logical Fallacy of False Dilemma.

By your own argument, this is where you have to admit that I "have a point".

Except that you can't.

Correll, please operate at your normal level of mediocrity.

You embarrassed yourself.

I won't respond again, because there is nothing you can do to explain yourself.

Out.

Then I will be happy to take the last word.

You are a lying asshole.

Let's try this again:

No.

You are pretending to hold the position that Anecdotal Evidence trumps Academic Studies.

Why? Because it gives you a lazy out to dismiss an idea you don't like without any work on your part.

Where's this magazine article you are pretending is more persuasive than reality?

I did.

Here is the link.

Here is the description.

You have admitted that you have no personal observations, ass-talker.

"Academic studies" on how support and encouragement are "torture" because some lazy loser needs an excuse? Did the same issue of Cosmo at your dentist 's office have an article on how competing and succeeding are mutually exclusive with happiness?

It is particularly amusing that ass-talker thinks pasting a link to wiki-aretoufuckingkiddingme- pedia because he knows nothing about logic himself is somehow 'impressive.'

:lmao:

Let's try this again:

No.

Where's this magazine article you are pretending is more persuasive than reality?

Save your spin for someone that cares.

I believe it was in this book.

http://www.amazon.com/All-Joy-No-Fun-Parenthood/dp/0062072226&tag=ff0d01-20

"Academic studies" on how support and encouragement are "torture" because some lazy loser needs an excuse? Did the same issue of Cosmo at your dentist 's office have an article on how competing and succeeding are mutually exclusive with happiness?

Logical Fallacy of Appeal to Ridicule.

Your fail.

It is particularly amusing that ass-talker thinks pasting a link to wiki-aretoufuckingkiddingme- pedia because he knows nothing about logic himself is somehow 'impressive.'

:lmao:

More Logical Fallacy of Ad Hominem Attack.

Again, your fail.

Let's try this again:

No.

http://www.amazon.com/All-Joy-No-Fun-Parenthood/dp/0062072226&tag=ff0d01-20

Wow. Not only is that not anything like an "academic study," but you haven't even read the book jacket. Way to go, ass-talker.

I did.

Here is the link.

Here is the description.

You have admitted that you have no personal observations, ass-talker.

I "admitted" that I had not personal observations of Asian schools or nations.

My personal observations were in the recent past of the attempts of an "elite" school to respond to the competition of Asia and/or "Asians".

IMO, it was a complete failure.

And indeed, I believe the school in question has been backing off the extreme homework loads.

Asshole.

No.

All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood: Jennifer Senior: 9780062072221: Amazon.com: Books

Wow. Not only is that not anything like an "academic study," but you haven't even read the book jacket. Way to go, ass-talker.

How did you reach either of those conclusions, you moron?

Forum List

Back