Mis-Characterizing Trump

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I am decidedly NOT a Trump supporter, but I am more than fed up with the intentional mis-characterization of everything the man says by the MSM.

The most recent example: Trump said, in effect, that Hillary has nothing but the "Woman Card" in this election. It is not difficult to understand what he meant. The only thing Hillary has going for her is "Vote for me because I'm a woman." I could elaborate the point but that is basically what was said and meant, and while it is somewhat controversial, it is a fair political characterization. Want to disagree? Feel free.

And the MSM reports that this comment is proof that Trump is a misogynist. Bullshit. Or that Trump wants to stomp all over wimmins' rights. Again, bullshit.

Trump rails about illegal immigration and the millions of illegals in the country. "Trump is a xenophobic bigot, who hates immigrants, especially Mexicans."

Wanting to take our EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS seriously is not being "anti-immigrant." Nor is it anti-Mexican. It is entirely about people who are here illegally, regardless of their race or ethnicity. It is not being a "bigot" to suggest that people who came here in violation of our laws be induced to leave.

Trump suggests a moratorium of Muslim immigration, until we can "figure this thing out." Figuring it out, refers to rational measures to identify which, if any, Muslim immigrants are from places or sects that have indicated they want to do us harm. Was it OK to stop Japanese immigration in 1942? It is a perfectly reasonable suggestion that has had many comparable examples by Presidents in American history. But Trump is labeled an "Islamophobe," and again, a bigot. Bullshit.

It's the same with everything he says. He says something, usually inartfully, and the next day that MSM is totally mischaracterizing what he said, and claiming that it is "proof" of some political or character flaw.

I have news for the people in the media: The American public is sick of your lies and bullshit, and every time you attack The Donald, his supporters become more and more energized.

Choose Cruz.

I am decidedly NOT a Trump supporter, but I am more than fed up with the intentional mis-characterization of everything the man says by the MSM.

The most recent example: Trump said, in effect, that Hillary has nothing but the "Woman Card" in this election. It is not difficult to understand what he meant. The only thing Hillary has going for her is "Vote for me because I'm a woman." I could elaborate the point but that is basically what was said and meant, and while it is somewhat controversial, it is a fair political characterization. Want to disagree? Feel free.

And the MSM reports that this comment is proof that Trump is a misogynist. Bullshit. Or that Trump wants to stomp all over wimmins' rights. Again, bullshit.

Trump rails about illegal immigration and the millions of illegals in the country. "Trump is a xenophobic bigot, who hates immigrants, especially Mexicans."

Wanting to take our EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS seriously is not being "anti-immigrant." Nor is it anti-Mexican. It is entirely about people who are here illegally, regardless of their race or ethnicity. It is not being a "bigot" to suggest that people who came here in violation of our laws be induced to leave.

Trump suggests a moratorium of Muslim immigration, until we can "figure this thing out." Figuring it out, refers to rational measures to identify which, if any, Muslim immigrants are from places or sects that have indicated they want to do us harm. Was it OK to stop Japanese immigration in 1942? It is a perfectly reasonable suggestion that has had many comparable examples by Presidents in American history. But Trump is labeled an "Islamophobe," and again, a bigot. Bullshit.

It's the same with everything he says. He says something, usually inartfully, and the next day that MSM is totally mischaracterizing what he said, and claiming that it is "proof" of some political or character flaw.

I have news for the people in the media: The American public is sick of your lies and bullshit, and every time you attack The Donald, his supporters become more and more energized.

Choose Cruz.

oT41FYI.jpg

Choose Cruz.

oT41FYI.jpg
But Hillary mocking Republicans as barking dogs doesn't bother you? If not we can just dismiss you for what you are.

Regarding the OP, playing the woman card isn't anything against women anymore than playing the race card is an attack against racism. The left hasn't got much to run on so this is what they do.

Choose Cruz.

oT41FYI.jpg
But Hillary mocking Republicans as barking dogs doesn't bother you? If not we can just dismiss you for what you are.

Regarding the OP, playing the woman card isn't anything against women anymore than playing the race card is an attack against racism. The left hasn't got much to run on so this is what they do.

The left has plenty to run on,but it's being drowned out by the right giving so many reasons to not vote republican.

Choose Cruz.

oT41FYI.jpg

The left has plenty to run on,but it's being drowned out by the right giving so many reasons to not vote republican.
They are running on obama's legacy, which isn't good by any stretch so no, you are incorrect. I don't even see you assholes talking about it.

In Pennsylvania, the Trump movement is having consequences far outside of simply motivating people to head to the polls. It's actually convincing many people to question their party loyalty.

Since January 1, 2016, 46,000 Pennsylvania Democrats have switched their political party loyalties from Democrat to Republican. But these aren't just people who are changing positions in name only. These Democrats are part of what pollsters are calling the "Ditch and Switch" movement. And they are getting out to vote in record numbers.

Many of the Pennsylvania Democrats-turned-Republicans are blue-collar workers who obviously think that Trump is on to something. America, in their minds, needs to return to greatness, and Trump is the platform to get them there.

The Trump-switching movement has happened in other predominantly Democratic states as well. In Massachusetts nearly 20,000 Democrats have switched over to vote Republicans. Ohio has a large number who have changed as well

Mike Breen, CEO of Truman National Security Project and a former Army officer who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, offers a harsh critique of Trump's approach.

"If you take the man at his word and you listen to his statements on the [campaign] trail, he set himself up, if he's elected, to trigger the largest civil military crisis probably since the American Civil War," he says.

Breen argues that Trump is suggesting that U.S. soldiers carry out "illegal orders" — things like targeting the children and families of terrorists, intentionally murdering civilians, and torturing for the sake of torturing.

"He says even if [torture] doesn't work, let's do it anyway," Breen says. "He says the Geneva Convention makes American soldiers afraid to fight. He's talking about, as a presidential candidate, issuing clearly illegal orders that I think our senior military leaders would be very unlikely to follow. That's a crisis we haven't had in a long time."

Breen stops short of saying that America’s military generals would perform a kind of coup, but he does say that the entire U.S. national security apparatus would go into a state of panic under a President Trump.

When it comes to the international community, Trump has suggested that the U.S. military should start charging for its services.

“Building up our military to provide a strong defense for Europe and Asia, the countries we are defending must pay for this defense, and if not, the U.S. must be prepared to let these countries defend themselves — we have no choice,” Trump said on Wednesday.

This plan doesn’t sit well with Breen.

“I think it’s an incredibly dangerous and naive idea,” he says. “[Trump] thinks we’re suckers for providing for the defense of our allies that don’t have the size of military and economy that we do. The problem with that is twofold: It’s very hard to say that you’re going to right by America’s allies and then ask them to pay protection money. More importantly, it’s a very naive view of how wars are prevented.”

During the 19th and 20th centuries, Breen says that global powers tried to manage defense operations alone on a country-by-country basis.

“What you get in a situation like that is a rapidly changing network of alliances, great distrust, and we’ve had the two most destructive wars in human history,” he says. “It’s a fundamental misunderstanding of why our allies matter.”

When it comes to the Islamic State, Trump says that America must be more “unpredictable” in its plans to take out the terror group, a stance that worries Breen.

“This is a candidate who’s refused to rule out using nuclear weapons against ISIS, which is complete military and moral nonsense,” he says.

Using a bomb of such magnitude — even under orders from the commander-in-chief — would likely be unwelcome news to those in the military, Breen says.

“This is the Catch 22 that Trump threatens to place our senior military leaders in,” he says.

Dropping a nuclear bomb on ISIS-held territory would result in mass civilian casualties and could set off a global nuclear war, Breen says, something that officials in the Pentagon would have to seriously consider — and may even stand against. When it comes targeting the families of ISIS, Breen makes the same calculations.

“There is a large body of U.S. law — military and civilian — that says you can’t go murder kids, whether you’re wearing a uniform or not,” he says.

While he acknowledges that civilians are sometimes killed during war, Breen says it shouldn’t be a de facto strategy.

“The U.S. military has spent a tremendous amount of time and effort working through legal checks, but also through more and more precise weapons systems, smaller and smaller bombs, and a whole host of other things to minimize those casualties,” he says. “That’s not just because it’s the nice thing to do. It’s because it’s the strategically smart thing to do.”

When it comes to Asia, Trump argues that the U.S. must reclaim its strength because China has “no respect” for the United States, especially as it continues its operations in the South China Sea. Breen says this outlook is too simplistic.

“Projecting strength is one thing, projecting strength unpredictably as the most powerful military in the world is pretty dangerous,” he says. “If you’re trying to guarantee a stable global security environment, the worst thing you want to do is be erratic. If you saw a police officer down a fifth of Jack Daniels and then tie himself to his car and duct tape his foot to the gas pedal and then go on the road, yeah that guy is unpredictable, but he’s not guaranteeing anyone’s security.”

Overall, Breen believes that security officials are already thinking about these hard choices, and whether they’ll resign should Donald Trump be elected.

“When he talks about killing the families [of ISIS], he’s talking about ordering the My Lai massacre,” he says. “That’s not a war crime anymore, that’s not somebody disobeying orders — that’s a president saying, ‘Go do that.’"

He continues: "If everybody in the military who doesn’t want to do that, who didn’t sign up to be that, but signed up to support and defend the United States of America — we don’t do that kind of thing — if they all quit, if they all resign in protest, who’s left in the military? These are the kinds of conversations that our senior leaders and my friends who are mid-level officers are having. That’s deeply troubling.”

Veteran: Trump Will Throw the Military into 'Crisis'

Choose Cruz.
He's a bigot and a misogynist

Military, Law Enforcement, & Intel Professionals Sign Anti-Torture Open Letter to Candidates

To candidates and elected officials:

We are military, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals who have spent a good part of our adult life trying to hunt, capture, or kill terrorists. We have gotten quite good at it, as the leadership of al Qaeda can attest. And though ISIL has fundamental differences with al Qaeda, we have no doubt that we will apply the lessons learned from that fight to the fight to destroy the new group and its many offshoots.

We were on the ground and on the frontlines of this fight against terror, whether on patrol through neighborhoods in Iraq and Afghanistan, in detention facilities in the United States and around the world, or in the rooms where the grueling work of compiling information to track and target terrorists is actually done. We know what works and we know what does not work.

Because of these experiences, we have been listening with increasing alarm to the casual—and increasingly, favorable—rhetoric about torture in the presidential campaign. Candidates have said we should punish prisoners even if it does not work because people “deserve” it, re-defined torture in a way that would allow for truly heinous conduct, and laughed along when an audience member suggested a rival politician should be waterboarded. Sadly, we have seen it again in the aftermath of the tragic attack in Brussels.

Apparently, it’s okay to be pro-torture—again. In fact, we now see candidates looking to outdo each other in their eagerness to support it.

So we are writing to reiterate very simply that the United States does not and should not torture for three simple reasons: It’s not who we are, it’s not what those of us who served signed up to do, and not only does it not work, it makes our troops and our nation less secure.

Our strength as a nation flows from our values, and our values tell us that torture in all forms—no matter what tricky language we use to disguise it—is wrong. We won World War II without resorting to torture and we currently have, by far, the greatest military on the face of the earth. We should be able to beat ISIL without abandoning our values.

Second, every military, intelligence, and law enforcement service articulates its own set of core values. Not surprisingly, many of those values overlap—the repetition of words like Honor and Integrity is not a mistake. We swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States because we wanted to live those values. Torture is incompatible with them all.

Finally, torture does not work – it makes us and our troops less safe. You can see it in study after study—and you can see it in real world examples. You can see it in community leaders who refuse to provide assistance because they’ve had a family member tortured. You can see it in the detainee who is hardened or broken beyond the ability to provide useful intelligence. You can see it in the mistaken leads and falsehoods provided by someone who has been subject to brutal interrogation techniques. And you can see it when other nations or enemies use it as a justification to torture captured American service members.

It does not work. It is not what we signed up for. It is not who we are.

We have dedicated much of our lives to defending America and to upholding the code of honor upon which our freedom depends. Candidates who brag about their plans to torture may believe it makes them look tough, but they are only dishonoring themselves — and proving they lack the strength to serve as Commander in Chief.

Signed,

Mike Breen, United States Army Veteran

Jonathan Freeman, United States Army Veteran

Andrea Marr, United States Navy Veteran

Kristen Kavanaugh, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Benjamin Parry, United States Army Veteran

Scott Holcomb, United States Army Veteran

Justin McFarlin, United States Army Veteran

Ben Bain, United States Army Veteran

Jennifer Hunt, United States Army Veteran

Adam Tiffen, United States Army Veteran

Peter Meijer, United States Army Veteran

Matt Zeller, United States Army Veteran

Donald Martinez, United States Army Veteran

Welton Chang, United States Army Veteran

Richard Weir, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Kelsey Campbell, United States Air Force Veteran

Elena Kim, United States Army Veteran

Brian Wagner, United States Navy Veteran

Gordon Griffin, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Andrew Peppler, United States Army Veteran

Paul Worley, United States Army Veteran

Asha Castleberry, United States Army Veteran

Jason Cain, United States Army Veteran

Terron Sims II, United States Army Veteran

Peter Liebert, United States Navy Veteran

Brandon Friedman, United States Army Veteran

LaRue Robinson, United States Army Veteran

Erik Wallenius, United States Army Veteran

Derrick Gay, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Gail Harris, United States Navy Veteran

Shawn VanDiver, United States Navy Veteran

Eric Robinson, United States Army Veteran

Michael Connolly, United States Army Veteran

Erik Norell, United States Army Veteran

Adrian Bonenberger, United States Army Veteran

Jonny Karpuk, United States Army Veteran

Benjamin Voce-Gardner, United States Navy Veteran

Kamaljeet Kalsi, United States Army Veteran

Kermit Jones, United States Navy Veteran

Sarah Barbo, United States Army Veteran

Joel Willett, United States Army Veteran, former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

Emily Miller, United States Army Veteran

Sharmistha Mohapatra, United States Army Veteran

Brandon Bodor, United States Army Veteran

Steve Heitkamp, former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)

Andrew Borene, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Kent Eiler, United States Air Force Veteran

Jongsun Kim, former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)

Conner Maher, United States Air Force Veteran

Jason Hartwig, United States Army Veteran

Leia Guccione, United States Navy Veteran

Ben Wiselogle, United States Navy Veteran

Won Palisoul, United States Navy Veteran

Daniel Meyers, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Matt Runyon, United States Army Veteran

Brendan McKinnon, United States Coast Guard Veteran

Pete Kiernan, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Jesse Medlong, United States Navy Veteran

David Anderson, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Gene Germanovich, former advisor to the United States Marine Corps

Eric Gardiner, United States Navy Veteran

Greggory Favre, Executive Member of the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force

Ian Thomson, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Jonathan Morgenstein, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Hansen Mak, United States Army Veteran

Stephen Ryan, former National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)

Margaret Seymour, United States Marine Corps

Military, Law Enforcement, & Intel Professionals Sign Anti-Torture Open Letter to Candidates

Click on the 'Listen' button above to hear our full interview with Mike Breen.

What a pissy little whine this thread is. Its what happens to people when they enter politics, just ask the communist muslim who currently resides in the white house who we ALL know the middle name of. Then man up.

Choose Cruz.

oT41FYI.jpg

They are running on obama's legacy, which isn't good by any stretch so no, you are incorrect. I don't even see you assholes talking about it.

With the spectacle the right wing is providing, Our Democratic nominee might not even bother to campaign in the election. He or she won't need to.

Choose Cruz.

oT41FYI.jpg

With the spectacle the right wing is providing, Our Democratic nominee might not even bother to campaign in the election. He or she won't need to.
Might not be able to in jail.

To candidates and elected officials:

We are military, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals who have spent a good part of our adult life trying to hunt, capture, or kill terrorists. We have gotten quite good at it, as the leadership of al Qaeda can attest. And though ISIL has fundamental differences with al Qaeda, we have no doubt that we will apply the lessons learned from that fight to the fight to destroy the new group and its many offshoots.

We were on the ground and on the frontlines of this fight against terror, whether on patrol through neighborhoods in Iraq and Afghanistan, in detention facilities in the United States and around the world, or in the rooms where the grueling work of compiling information to track and target terrorists is actually done. We know what works and we know what does not work.

Because of these experiences, we have been listening with increasing alarm to the casual—and increasingly, favorable—rhetoric about torture in the presidential campaign. Candidates have said we should punish prisoners even if it does not work because people “deserve” it, re-defined torture in a way that would allow for truly heinous conduct, and laughed along when an audience member suggested a rival politician should be waterboarded. Sadly, we have seen it again in the aftermath of the tragic attack in Brussels.

Apparently, it’s okay to be pro-torture—again. In fact, we now see candidates looking to outdo each other in their eagerness to support it.

So we are writing to reiterate very simply that the United States does not and should not torture for three simple reasons: It’s not who we are, it’s not what those of us who served signed up to do, and not only does it not work, it makes our troops and our nation less secure.

Our strength as a nation flows from our values, and our values tell us that torture in all forms—no matter what tricky language we use to disguise it—is wrong. We won World War II without resorting to torture and we currently have, by far, the greatest military on the face of the earth. We should be able to beat ISIL without abandoning our values.

Second, every military, intelligence, and law enforcement service articulates its own set of core values. Not surprisingly, many of those values overlap—the repetition of words like Honor and Integrity is not a mistake. We swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States because we wanted to live those values. Torture is incompatible with them all.

Finally, torture does not work – it makes us and our troops less safe. You can see it in study after study—and you can see it in real world examples. You can see it in community leaders who refuse to provide assistance because they’ve had a family member tortured. You can see it in the detainee who is hardened or broken beyond the ability to provide useful intelligence. You can see it in the mistaken leads and falsehoods provided by someone who has been subject to brutal interrogation techniques. And you can see it when other nations or enemies use it as a justification to torture captured American service members.

It does not work. It is not what we signed up for. It is not who we are.

We have dedicated much of our lives to defending America and to upholding the code of honor upon which our freedom depends. Candidates who brag about their plans to torture may believe it makes them look tough, but they are only dishonoring themselves — and proving they lack the strength to serve as Commander in Chief.

Signed,

Mike Breen, United States Army Veteran

Jonathan Freeman, United States Army Veteran

Andrea Marr, United States Navy Veteran

Kristen Kavanaugh, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Benjamin Parry, United States Army Veteran

Scott Holcomb, United States Army Veteran

Justin McFarlin, United States Army Veteran

Ben Bain, United States Army Veteran

Jennifer Hunt, United States Army Veteran

Adam Tiffen, United States Army Veteran

Peter Meijer, United States Army Veteran

Matt Zeller, United States Army Veteran

Donald Martinez, United States Army Veteran

Welton Chang, United States Army Veteran

Richard Weir, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Kelsey Campbell, United States Air Force Veteran

Elena Kim, United States Army Veteran

Brian Wagner, United States Navy Veteran

Gordon Griffin, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Andrew Peppler, United States Army Veteran

Paul Worley, United States Army Veteran

Asha Castleberry, United States Army Veteran

Jason Cain, United States Army Veteran

Terron Sims II, United States Army Veteran

Peter Liebert, United States Navy Veteran

Brandon Friedman, United States Army Veteran

LaRue Robinson, United States Army Veteran

Erik Wallenius, United States Army Veteran

Derrick Gay, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Gail Harris, United States Navy Veteran

Shawn VanDiver, United States Navy Veteran

Eric Robinson, United States Army Veteran

Michael Connolly, United States Army Veteran

Erik Norell, United States Army Veteran

Adrian Bonenberger, United States Army Veteran

Jonny Karpuk, United States Army Veteran

Benjamin Voce-Gardner, United States Navy Veteran

Kamaljeet Kalsi, United States Army Veteran

Kermit Jones, United States Navy Veteran

Sarah Barbo, United States Army Veteran

Joel Willett, United States Army Veteran, former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

Emily Miller, United States Army Veteran

Sharmistha Mohapatra, United States Army Veteran

Brandon Bodor, United States Army Veteran

Steve Heitkamp, former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)

Andrew Borene, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Kent Eiler, United States Air Force Veteran

Jongsun Kim, former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)

Conner Maher, United States Air Force Veteran

Jason Hartwig, United States Army Veteran

Leia Guccione, United States Navy Veteran

Ben Wiselogle, United States Navy Veteran

Won Palisoul, United States Navy Veteran

Daniel Meyers, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Matt Runyon, United States Army Veteran

Brendan McKinnon, United States Coast Guard Veteran

Pete Kiernan, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Jesse Medlong, United States Navy Veteran

David Anderson, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Gene Germanovich, former advisor to the United States Marine Corps

Eric Gardiner, United States Navy Veteran

Greggory Favre, Executive Member of the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force

Ian Thomson, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Jonathan Morgenstein, United States Marine Corps Veteran

Hansen Mak, United States Army Veteran

Stephen Ryan, former National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)

Margaret Seymour, United States Marine Corps

Click on the 'Listen' button above to hear our full interview with Mike Breen.
LOL, I guess that's all the military and LE folks we have in the United States.

LOL, I guess that's all the military and LE folks we have in the United States.

LOL LOL that's only all our best national security experts...

SO where's the supposed "mis-characterization" of trump? LOL LOL LOL LULZzzz

You hold on to that dream as long as you can. At this point, it looks like all you have.

They are running on obama's legacy,.

trump-obama-champion.jpg

Wallace shared with Trump a poll that showed 75 percent of women thought he was unfavorable
Wallace shared with Trump a poll that showed 81 percent of Hispanic voters had an unfavorable view toward him.
Trump responded and said that the numbers would go "way up once I start going."

Trump is right - once he "starts going" 90%+ of them will have an unfavorable view of him

And yet Dems are jumping ship all over the country to get away from Hitlery.

Really? I'm sure Fox has found a few to put on TV in a country this big, but I haven't seen much evidence for it being a widespread occurrence..

You hold on to that dream as long as you can. At this point, it looks like all you have.
It looks like that to you because you have the brains of an ant.

Forum List

Back