Miss USA suggest women defend themselves

hiiiiiiiYA!

300px-Piggy_power_2_original.jpg

Twitter freaks out.

?Rape culture wins?: Feminist freakout after Miss Nevada dares suggest self defense training for women | Twitchy

I have to admit, this doesn't make sense even if I factor in Male Privilege.

You didn't read the actual Twitter comments then didja? You would have read their common theme, which is - "why should women have to defend against an act that shouldn't be committed in the first place?"

Think of it this way: it's the difference between addressing gun violence with gun control, and addressing it by changing the culture of violence. In this analogy, you appear to be on the side of gun control.

This same story was posted by Templar_Kormac. I didn't have a clue what the fuck he was talking about. Youse guys should read your own links. That's what they're there for.

Definitely a good idea for women to work on learning how to defend themselves.

Definitely not the 'solution' to the problem at hand.

Troubling that some women might take a two-week seminar on 'Women's Self Defense' and then walk around with a false sense of security.

Irresponsible to point to one or two professional female fighters and give the other 99.9999999999999% of women the wrong idea.

Definitely a good idea for young boys to have a father in their lives to teach them that violence against women is unacceptable.

Twitter freaks out.

?Rape culture wins?: Feminist freakout after Miss Nevada dares suggest self defense training for women | Twitchy

What's wrong with self defense for women?

Ask the feminists...like most cultural marxist victim groups, some words are like dog whistles automatically to them.

They probably heard "self-defense" & automatically thought they heard "gun rights".

Why should they learn to defend themselves when it shouldn't happen in the first place? Because ya see, there is this place...it's called "REALITY"..and in this place, there lurks people that have poor morals & like to take things by force. This place....is located in a galaxy far, far away from the fantasy land of feminism...

Twitter freaks out.

What's wrong with self defense for women?

Twitter freaks out.

You didn't read the actual Twitter comments then didja? You would have read their common theme, which is - "why should women have to defend against an act that shouldn't be committed in the first place?"

Think of it this way: it's the difference between addressing gun violence with gun control, and addressing it by changing the culture of violence. In this analogy, you appear to be on the side of gun control.

This same story was posted by Templar_Kormac. I didn't have a clue what the fuck he was talking about. Youse guys should read your own links. That's what they're there for.

Last edited:
One thing to note is that studies have shown when a woman is sexually assaulted and fights back, she is more likely to be injured or killed. Studies have shown if she is able to talk her way out of it or just let it happen, she is more likely to survive. When I was the 'victim' of an attempted rape, I talked my way out of it: that happened by instinct, not any kind of plan.

I think it is a good idea for women to have real self defense abilities: too often, however, a woman will take a few lessons, then forget half of what she learned and not practice it on an ongoing basis, so when the time to use it occurs, her self defense skills may help her, or they may be to her detriment.

The better option is to get at the problem of men being violent toward women. To solve that problem. Or are we just considering it as unsolvable?

One thing to note is that studies have shown when a woman is sexually assaulted and fights back, she is more likely to be injured or killed. Studies have shown if she is able to talk her way out of it or just let it happen, she is more likely to survive. When I was the 'victim' of an attempted rape, I talked my way out of it: that happened by instinct, not any kind of plan.

I think it is a good idea for women to have real self defense abilities: too often, however, a woman will take a few lessons, then forget half of what she learned and not practice it on an ongoing basis, so when the time to use it occurs, her self defense skills may help her, or they may be to her detriment.

The better option is to get at the problem of men being violent toward women. To solve that problem. Or are we just considering it as unsolvable?

Exactly. Defeatists are good at one thing: throwing up their hands.

hey now, don't pretend that women aren't violent themselves. You know, most people learn to keep their hands to themselves before they hit preschool, we also learn not to take what isn't yours... Or atleast we get taught the concept, a lot of folks don't seem to get it. Outside of creating a Big Brother government surveillance system with shock collars...forget about your feminist utopia.

That is why those comments are so stupid. It is not possible to teach a person not to rape, but it is possible to teach a person to defend themselves.

That is why those comments are so stupid. It is not possible to teach a person not to rape, but it is possible to teach a person to defend themselves.

Again, studies have shown that if a woman fights back during a sexual assault, she is more likely to get seriously hurt or killed. It's like when people say a woman in an abusive relationship should just leave; but studies show if she leaves, that is when she is most likely to be killed or very seriously assaulted. Things are not so simple looking from the outside and not knowing how things really are.

I used to do a lot of long distance running. I had a big dog with me; that was my line of defense. I would never carry a gun.

Last edited:
I often wondered why combat sports never really caught on with women. I was on high school wrestling team, and on the boys team we were a good group. The girls team on the other hand was almost non-existent, depending on the year, they may have had a handful of participants at most.

Then solve it.

its the same line of logic being used to go after Miss USA that is used by the whole "slut pride" things you see at various protests. To these activists telling a woman to prepare to defend themselves, or not hang out in a dark alley at night, or not get too drunk, or not wear revealing clothing is somehow blaming the victim if an assault actually occurs.

Let me clear up my position on this. In none of these cases does any blame get assigned to the victim. being dressed slutty, or being drunk, or being alone after leaving a club does not mitigate the blame assigned to the assaulter. They don't get less jail time, they don't get a walk, they get whats coming to them.

What women have to realize is that some of these activities increase your RISK of being assaulted, because these activities either put them in a riskier situation, or make a women stand out to men who might think that wearing sluttly clothes is a "come on." Remember this is not agreeing that these men are right, it is merely examining their fucked up thought processes.

Then solve it.

Exactly.

Seeing such a weird perspective not only posted but posted more than once tells me some posters here must be getting paid to troll for even the most far-fetched droppings of the demagogue mill and just pass on whatever they're fed without even reading the content. Trying to make a story out of Twitter comments? Really? And then not bothering to even read them? Pathetic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back