Moderates Bush, Christie Pulling Away in Polls

Romney got 82% of the conservative vote. So you can tact right and chase those 18% that you missed last time. But it will cost you some moderate votes.

Romney only got 41% of the moderate vote.

So do you chase the 18% you missed last time and piss away even more than 59% of the moderates?

Or do you chase some of the 59% and piss away some of the 18%?

Do you want to win and move the country toward your positions, or do you want to demand 100% acceptance of your positions .... and lose?

Hey, Nobraininnahead, he got 82% of the Conservative vote, but many many more conservative didn't vote at all.

More fantasy. The conservative turnout in 2012 was the highest since the 50s.

You made two claims on this thread alone that have been proven false.

ooops.

You know, I'm tired of explaining things that should be common sense to you. Remain stupid, I no longer care.

Romney got 82% of the conservative vote. So you can tact right and chase those 18% that you missed last time. But it will cost you some moderate votes.

Romney only got 41% of the moderate vote.

So do you chase the 18% you missed last time and piss away even more than 59% of the moderates?

Or do you chase some of the 59% and piss away some of the 18%?

Do you want to win and move the country toward your positions, or do you want to demand 100% acceptance of your positions .... and lose?

Hey, Nobraininnahead, he got 82% of the Conservative vote, but many many more conservative didn't vote at all.

More fantasy. The conservative turnout in 2012 was the highest since the 50s.

You made two claims on this thread alone that have been proven false.

ooops.

You know, I'm tired of explaining things that should be common sense to you. Remain stupid, I no longer care.

awwwww don't go away mad - just go away (if you can't stop spouting made up bullshit and getting all huffy because others prefer facts over swallowing your bullshit)

The first key to victory in 2016 is to ignore the leftist BS on how to win an election as they are political enemies of the GOP............

While they say this is what you need to do to win, they are really saying we want a RHINO to win if the Dems lose...............................

They are not saying it to nice guys...............it's a we'd rather have Christie than a true conservative.............

And they have no pulpit to stand on after they abandoned the Blue Dogs for refusing to go with them lock stock and barrel.........................They threw the Blue Dogs into the Lion pit for daring to stray off the demanded party line.

America s Historically Shameful Election Day Turnout ThinkProgress

Only 36.4 percent of eligible voters cast ballots in the midterm general election, marking the lowest voter turnout in 72 years.

The last time voter turnout was that low was in 1942 when only 33.9 percent of eligible Americans participated in the election just after the county had entered World War II, according to a projection by the United States Elections Project at the University of Florida.

Turnout in Maine, where both the incumbent governor and a senator were on the line, was the highest of the states with just over 59 percent of voters participating in the election. Indiana had the lowest turnout at just 28 percent.

While turnout is always lower in midterm elections than during presidential election years, voter interest in this election was at an extreme low despite a number of potentially competitive Senate races and controversial ballot initiatives. Midterm election turnout is also historically lower among groups that are more likely to support Democratic candidates, which was a significant factor in a number of surprising losses by Democrats across the county.

The left hardly even showed up in the last election. Why is that...........................

Gotta fly - thanks for the (mostly) constructive debate. Kudos to those who can respectfully debate with facts and logic (not so much the name-callers).

I'll check in later.

like it or not, here is what the Republicans are thinking ..

Romney Leads the GOP Pack For Now - Rasmussen Reports trade
The GOP will push another RHINO forward..........of this I have no doubt.

If the GOP pushes him forward, how can he be a RINO?

The real RINOs are those who can't get Republicans to vote for them

What a good point. Isn't a "real" Republican whatever most of the Republicans decide it is?

LOL

Republican in Name only candidates...........Not TRUE CONSERVATISM..............Christie won by bowing to the liberal horde up there............As are others who would have capitulated to the leftist desires............We don't need no stinking RHINO..............Unless it is mounted on the wall.

What a good point. Isn't a "real" Republican whatever most of the Republicans decide it is?
The candidates in the end will be those with the money, and it will be spent on a group of RINO'S and they will spend out the butt to ensure that the RINO'S have the candidate.

The candidates in the end will be those with the money, and it will be spent on a group of RINO'S and they will spend out the butt to ensure that the RINO'S have the candidate.

Well - then it appears the far right are the RINOS and the moderate Republicans ARE the party.

Well - then it appears the far right are the RINOS and the moderate Republicans ARE the party.
It appears that there is still a civil war in the GOP............and it isn't going to end until we get more Rhino's mounted on the wall.

It appears that there is still a civil war in the GOP............and it isn't going to end until we get more Rhino's mounted on the wall.

Well the moderates are sure going after them. We'll see who comes out on top.

Currently those with the money come out on top, but still some fall............and it will not go away which is why both parties attack the Tea Party............who don't buckle to the current status quo.

If real Republicans vote for moderate candidates, how does that make them Republicans in name only (RINOs)?

Aren't the conservatives that nobody votes for the RINOs?

Conventional stupidity holds that only "moderates" can win, where conservatives will lose.

I mean, the democrat controlled media will treat a moderate more fairly than they do conservatives; you know, like how fairly they treated Mitt and that slimeball McCain.

Oh wait, they painted Mitt, who is well left of center, as a Laissez Faire puritan intent on enforcing morality laws across the nation.

Nominate a moderate, lose the general - the reality of the GOP for the last 50 years.

Which is of course the reason you promote the GOP nominating a moderate. Warren is a weak candidate, you need someone so putrid that even Warren is appealing - Jeb fills the bill.

Forum List

Back