Mom: Southwest Airlines agent mocked 5-year-old girl's name 'Abcde'...they apologized

Really expected an Onion or HuffPo link.

They should have pushed the woman off the plane at cruising altitude.

Naming your fuckin kid Abcde and then being apoplectic when someone is bemused by it?

You deserve to smack terra firma at terminal velocity.

Asshole.

Who would think naming their kid abcde wouldn't be problematic for the kid?

Morons

Asshole woman probably did it deliberately knowing at some point someone at some large company would say something and give her the opportunity to call the lawyers.

I'd bet the same horrible punishment Marion Morrison is suffering for a week that she's a democrook voter.

If you name your child Abcde you should not be offended if people do a double take

The child has a difficult life ahead of her.....Don’t blame Southwest

• Banned
Naming your child “ABCDE” is child abuse! I thought “Sharkeisha” was bad. Smh.

the agent needs to be fired
if he/she is dumb and immature enough to do that, what else will he do?

maybe the folks who are in the bubble dont notice stuff that folks who are watching from the outside notice!

The mother better develop a sense of humor

The kid is only five

I get where you are coming from here, but since it is just non threatening words that he is guilty of and not an actual action like you imply, in my opinion, firing the agent is a bit extreme especially when an apology was put out there.

God bless you and the child always!!!

Holly

P.S. A suspension, to me, would be sufficient enough.

Last edited:
Airline 'sorry' for mocking girl's name

"
Southwest Airlines apologises for mocking girl's name"

Usually when you see something about a US airline in the news, it's them doing something stupid.

This time I feel it's justified.

Southwest Airlines has apologised after a member of its staff mocked a five-year-old girl's name.

Traci Redford and her daughter, Abcde (pronounced ab-si-dee), were en route home to El Paso, Texas, from California's John Wayne Airport when the incident occurred.

Right..... here's the deal.

1) ce and ci can be pronounced like se and si. This comes from Latin via French via the 1066 Battle of Hastings and William the Conquerer taking over. Any Spanish speakers will know that ce and ci change to become soft sounds.

2) c+ consonant is ALWAYS a K sound.

So, her parents are dumb as hell thinking their daughter is ab-si-dee, when in fact she's abk-dee at the very best.

3) If I saw that, there's no way in hell I wouldn't be splashing it all over the internet.

I can't wait for Chlamydia to board that airline.

Why would you think that it's justified when people whom you pay to provide you services behave in such an unprofessional and juvenile manner, particularly when it's directed at a child?

Do you think Southwest is apologizing because the behavior of these idiots was "justified"?

Why would you think that it's justified when people whom you pay to provide you services behave in such an unprofessional and juvenile manner, particularly when it's directed at a child?

Do you think Southwest is apologizing because the behavior of these idiots was "justified"?

Maybe if the parents hadn't given the girl the most ridiculous name in the first place.... it's akin to child abuse.

Airline 'sorry' for mocking girl's name

"
Southwest Airlines apologises for mocking girl's name"

Usually when you see something about a US airline in the news, it's them doing something stupid.

This time I feel it's justified.

Southwest Airlines has apologised after a member of its staff mocked a five-year-old girl's name.

Traci Redford and her daughter, Abcde (pronounced ab-si-dee), were en route home to El Paso, Texas, from California's John Wayne Airport when the incident occurred.

Right..... here's the deal.

1) ce and ci can be pronounced like se and si. This comes from Latin via French via the 1066 Battle of Hastings and William the Conquerer taking over. Any Spanish speakers will know that ce and ci change to become soft sounds.

2) c+ consonant is ALWAYS a K sound.

So, her parents are dumb as hell thinking their daughter is ab-si-dee, when in fact she's abk-dee at the very best.

3) If I saw that, there's no way in hell I wouldn't be splashing it all over the internet.

I can't wait for Chlamydia to board that airline.

What kind of mute donkey gives their child a name that no one can pronounce, then conditions the child to feel insulted and mocked because people don't know how to say her name?

ABCDE???? a name?

I thank GOD everyday I don't have to work for progressive morons...

OF COURSE I would have laughed too

.....laugh and laugh and laugh.

so there.

Forum List

Back