More CNN fake news

WOW, they put a conservative OP-ED on their web site, how much air time did they give to the opinion?

Most if not all programs I see on CNN have a conservative or Trump supporter on their panels so theres most always an oppositional voice. They are usually outnumbered 4 to 1 which is a bit obnoxious but at least theres a rep from both sides during their discussions.

Nice deflection, the question was how much air time did they give the story you're crowing about, my bet, not one second.

I can't answer that. Got no clue... didn't watch CNN today

I do know the video in the link said nothing about it. So I seriously doubt they gave it any air time, it would contradict their narrative that Mueller has unlimited authority. Rod Rosenstein said yesterday, on Fox News Sunday, if Mueller wanted to go outside his directive, he would have to ask permission.

They probably didn't report it because it's all based on assumptions. Mueller and the DOJ haven't made any public statements about the investigation. I realize that they do report many stories on leaked/unconfirmed info, which is where the bias comes in, but this whole "Fake News" discredit the MSM campaign that Trump is leading is waaaaaaay overblown

Rosenstein said yesterday, much of what was being reported is wrong, of course he wouldn't elaborate, but there is a lot of fake crap out there. Also the OP-ED was done by a former federal prosecutor who is familiar with the DOJ regulations for special counsels, and his opinions were confirmed by Rosenstein himself.

Maybe the Trumpsters are right about all the fake/biased news coming from CNN. I mean look at this crazy article!!!

Mueller's investigation of Trump is going too far — CNN

WOW, they put a conservative OP-ED on their web site, how much air time did they give to the opinion?

Most if not all programs I see on CNN have a conservative or Trump supporter on their panels so theres most always an oppositional voice. They are usually outnumbered 4 to 1 which is a bit obnoxious but at least theres a rep from both sides during their discussions.

Nice deflection, the question was how much air time did they give the story you're crowing about, my bet, not one second.

Didn't you just say:

Then why are you commenting about it? Do you enjoy talking about things you're ignorant about?

To sassyirishlass for the same reason?

Maybe the Trumpsters are right about all the fake/biased news coming from CNN. I mean look at this crazy article!!!

Fox does the same thing, put someone from the opposition on the panel as a target. Bet they pay them well.

I do know the video in the link said nothing about it. So I seriously doubt they gave it any air time, it would contradict their narrative that Mueller has unlimited authority. Rod Rosenstein said yesterday, on Fox News Sunday, if Mueller wanted to go outside his directive, he would have to ask permission.

They probably didn't report it because it's all based on assumptions. Mueller and the DOJ haven't made any public statements about the investigation. I realize that they do report many stories on leaked/unconfirmed info, which is where the bias comes in, but this whole "Fake News" discredit the MSM campaign that Trump is leading is waaaaaaay overblown

Rosenstein said yesterday, much of what was being reported is wrong, of course he wouldn't elaborate, but there is a lot of fake crap out there. Also the OP-ED was done by a former federal prosecutor who is familiar with the DOJ regulations for special counsels, and his opinions were confirmed by Rosenstein himself.

I watched Rosensteins interview yesterday and it didn't confirm the theory in this op ed, it contradicted it

Didn't you just say:

Then why are you commenting about it? Do you enjoy talking about things you're ignorant about?

Sassy was commenting about an article that I linked in the OP which he/she didn't even read. I was responding to a different question asking if CNNs cable news programs covered it. I hadn't watched CNN cable news yesterday so I couldnt answer the question.

He's a conservative commentator giving his opinion so it's no surprise it would be more supportive of Trump than the majority of what CNN puts out.
From the Rhetoric I've been hearing lately about CNN it makes no sense for an article like this to be posted on their site. Doesn't it go against their anti-trump pro-liberal agenda?

Didn't you just say:

Sassy was commenting about an article that I linked in the OP which he/she didn't even read. I was responding to a different question asking if CNNs cable news programs covered it. I hadn't watched CNN cable news yesterday so I couldnt answer the question.
no. i got all that. just funny she said she didn't watch CNN you said more or less "then butt out" and a few posts later you say you didn't watch CNN.

not that big a deal, just the irony hit me. :)

It's not fake news. It's entertainment just like all TV news. Mainstream media is in the entertainment business. If you have ever been part of a news story and then seen it reported as news, then you will understand.

I watched Rosensteins interview yesterday and it didn't confirm the theory in this op ed, it contradicted it

BS, he said Mueller knew the limits of the investigation and should he want to go beyond them he would have to clear it through Rosenstein. That's exactly what the OP-ED said.

Mueller Reined In

Didn't you just say:

no. i got all that. just funny she said she didn't watch CNN you said more or less "then butt out" and a few posts later you say you didn't watch CNN.

not that big a deal, just the irony hit me. :)
She said she didn't read the article this entire thread is about

It's not fake news. It's entertainment just like all TV news. Mainstream media is in the entertainment business. If you have ever been part of a news story and then seen it reported as news, then you will understand.
Agree'd

BS, he said Mueller knew the limits of the investigation and should he want to go beyond them he would have to clear it through Rosenstein. That's exactly what the OP-ED said.

Mueller Reined In

True, Rosie clarified the procedures taken in the investigation but didn't comment on any of the accusations of inappropriate behavior or substance that is being investigated. The Op Ed was talking about the "ifs" and he "could be" looking into inappropriate financials, spreading the narrative of the witch hunt.

The be honest, I have no problem with the Op Ed. It is the flip side of the coin of the "fake news" that isn't really fake news that y'all accuse CNN of engaging in. I was just pointing out the simple irony of it being from CNN.

Speaking of Irony... I just flipped on CNN and wolf is talking about this right now as I type

Mueller Reined In

If Mueller drifts into areas that go beyond Russian Interference in the election, the only recourse the administration has is to fire him and that could create a huge shit storm because the administration can't reveal any information about the grand jury investigation.

In a grand jury investigation, the prosecutor will explain the law to the jury and work with them to gather evidence and hear testimony. Normal court room rules of evidence, exhibits and testimony do not apply. The grand jury has broad powers to see and hear almost anything they would like. They can subpoena witnesses and documents. There is no judge to tell the jury or prosecutor what they can or can't do. All workings of the grand jury are sealed. The administration can not legally reveal anything that goes on within the grand jury sessions.

How Does a Grand Jury Work? - FindLaw

Mueller Reined In

True, Rosie clarified the procedures taken in the investigation but didn't comment on any of the accusations of inappropriate behavior or substance that is being investigated. The Op Ed was talking about the "ifs" and he "could be" looking into inappropriate financials, spreading the narrative of the witch hunt.

The be honest, I have no problem with the Op Ed. It is the flip side of the coin of the "fake news" that isn't really fake news that y'all accuse CNN of engaging in. I was just pointing out the simple irony of it being from CNN.

Speaking of Irony... I just flipped on CNN and wolf is talking about this right now as I type

Yep the OP-ED was talking about several of the "ifs" that are currently being reported on now, like Rosenstein said, many are wrong.

He's a conservative commentator giving his opinion so it's no surprise it would be more supportive of Trump than the majority of what CNN puts out.
From the Rhetoric I've been hearing lately about CNN it makes no sense for an article like this to be posted on their site. Doesn't it go against their anti-trump pro-liberal agenda?
Yes it does my guess would be stuff like this will be put out ever so often by CNN so they can claim to still be an unbiased news organization. From what I have seen of their reporting since election night they have in fact decided to challenge MSNBC for the title of the anti Trump network.

The point of the whole article is summed up in the last sentence.

"This would not only be out of character for a respected figure like Mueller, but also could be damaging to the President of the United States and his family -- and by extension, to the country."

The right winger who wrote the article wants to protect Trump. The rest is just bullshit. Our country won't be hurt by Trump's lawlessness being exposed. Trump and his family would be, and should be.
but you were ok with hitlery's lawlessness.

Mueller Reined In

If Mueller drifts into areas that go beyond Russian Interference in the election, the only recourse the administration has is to fire him and that could create a huge shit storm because the administration can't reveal any information about the grand jury investigation.

In a grand jury investigation, the prosecutor will explain the law to the jury and work with them to gather evidence and hear testimony. Normal court room rules of evidence, exhibits and testimony do not apply. The grand jury has broad powers to see and hear almost anything they would like. They can subpoena witnesses and documents. There is no judge to tell the jury or prosecutor what they can or can't do. All workings of the grand jury are sealed. The administration can not legally reveal anything that goes on within the grand jury sessions.

How Does a Grand Jury Work? - FindLaw

The scope of the investigation is determined by Rosenstein, the grand jury can't go off on their own, it's the prosecutors job to keep them focused, but if they try you'll see very public contests to their subpoenas, bet on it.

Forum List

Back