More Free Stuff to run up the debt or taxes.

Boooshies DOUBLED the cost of Public University in just 8 years, and changed laws so Pub cronies could make a ton of money off returning vets with scam online U's. Don't dupes EVER get the picture? This may be a way of training for 3 million good tech jobs going begging.Well worth it, and of course there are ways of paying for it that corporate Media like TIME forget to tell us about.
What did Bush do that caused the cost of public universities to double?

We all enjoy our freeways, highways and streets right?
We all enjoy safely crossing over that bridge
We all enjoy science and innovation

We would bitch to high hell if that was gone.

We depend on the fda and faa to do their jobs.

Fuck all you hypocritical small government people. You're fools.

I want a responsible government....
Not spend,spend,spend.....and spend more....
And when that doesn't work....
Spend more.

Investing in education is responsible government

Wrong. Government shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of education.

$18 trillion in debt....
And we don't spend enough....

Unbelievable.

Didn't say that when it was Bomb Bomb Bomb....
That cost trillions...

But someone want to better themselves... Thos are the pricks we go after...

You actually show how more clueless you are everyday... Education pays 9 dollars back on every dollar invested in future tax revenue...

Not everyone wants to a Dumbass like you

ROFL! Where did you get this bullshit statistic? Don't bother answering. We all know you pulled it out of your ass.

Well, those taxes are used by the government that you hate so much to make those things happen. You see, it takes money to run a first world country.

Hong Kong has a much stronger economy than the US and collects a whole less taxes per capita than our bloated filthy ass government.

It is not how much you spend on government that makes it good. It is how you spend the money and the US government and many state governments are very bad at spending it wisely.

We waste tons of money on everything imaginable and that includes education. Education in the US has turned into welfare for the unions in a lot of places.

The worse thing about our government is that money is taken away from the people that earn it and given away to those that didn't earn it in the form of welfare, subsidies and bailouts.

I agree.

Nothing is free. Its using someone elses hard earned money and letting those that didn't earn it spend it.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country and we turn out kids who can't read or spell.

I sure don't want my tax dollars to give some kid two years of "free" college.

Nothing is free.

Education is a bottomless pit in this country

Spoken like a true Conservative

Fiscal conservative and proud to be one.

We spend billions on education. Its a bottomless pit that turns out kids who can't read or write.

Hell. Most towns spend 2/3rds of collected taxes on education.

Bottomless pit says it all.

It has also produced hundreds of millions of Americans who are among the most productive workers on earth

Education is our future.....PERIOD

We cannot become a society where only those who can afford it are given an opportunity for advanced education

Anyone who gets good grades can get his education paid for. Spending trillions on the vast mass of numskulls who pass through college these days is a complete waste of money.,

The greedy idiot GOP rich have been stealing from the middle class and the country for 30 years, dupe.

An accusation of theft?

Okay, please identify the person(s) who committed the theft, the individual victim(s), the date, time, and location of the theft, and the property that was stolen.
Reaganists who made and defend to the death what is now a flat tax that sends all new wealth to the richest, dupe. Change the channel.

"The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--March 10, 2016
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

You failed to identify the property that was stolen from the victim.

You pretty much also failed to identify any of the other salient facts that would required in a report of theft, but if you're going to throw around accusations of theft why don't you try to at least identify the property that was stolen from the victim.

Well, those taxes are used by the government that you hate so much to make those things happen. You see, it takes money to run a first world country.

Hong Kong has a much stronger economy than the US and collects a whole less taxes per capita than our bloated filthy ass government.

It is not how much you spend on government that makes it good. It is how you spend the money and the US government and many state governments are very bad at spending it wisely.

We waste tons of money on everything imaginable and that includes education. Education in the US has turned into welfare for the unions in a lot of places.

The worse thing about our government is that money is taken away from the people that earn it and given away to those that didn't earn it in the form of welfare, subsidies and bailouts.

No. Education is never wasted.

You want to see waste?

0053_defense-comparison-full.gif

Let's spend nothing on defense.....
Then we can have more money to spend....

Then when the shit hits the fan we can ask the world to help us out....
A Liberal's dream....

Rozman

Please post a link to where anyone wrote "Let's spend nothing on defense".

Thanks.

You just got done saying that buying planes and ships is a waste of money, dumbass.

Fiscal conservative and proud to be one.

We spend billions on education. Its a bottomless pit that turns out kids who can't read or write.

Hell. Most towns spend 2/3rds of collected taxes on education.

Bottomless pit says it all.

It has also produced hundreds of millions of Americans who are among the most productive workers on earth

Education is our future.....PERIOD

We cannot become a society where only those who can afford it are given an opportunity for advanced education
CC is remedial HS education.

Obie wants to fund re-teaching what has already been taught.

Those who didn't get it the first time will not get it the second, third or fourth time.

Doesn't have to be

My son spent two years in community college and all of his credits transferred to a four year college. Easier to pay $3300 a year at the community college than $35,000 at the four year college
Anecdotal evidence.

Hardly the norm across the country.

Public education is a failure, most kids are incapable of earning a living upon graduation, most are barely functionally literate.

If doing the same thing forever appeals to you, supporting the current educational system is made for you.

If your public schools suck to the point where your community colleges have to teach high school subjects, you need to do a better job in your public schools

Let me guess? You are in a red state aren't you?

Improving public schools is an exercise in futility. They are designed for failure.

Education is an investment in our own best interests.

But Republicans are against both education and investing in the US.

Nothing government does can properly be called an "investment." To actually be an investment, there has to be at least a potential to get back more than you put in. When have government programs ever made money for the government? When politicians use the word "investment," it's a euphemism for pissing money down the sewer.
The country gets back more, shortsighted dingbat. We've lost million of jobs to smarter countries like Germany, and have millions going begging because we don't have techies to fill them.

Yup. Nothing is free. Its all supported by the taxpayer. The taxpayer who pays for everything.

Loads of college grads can't even find a job in this economy.

I think the taxpayers are on the hook for quite enough in this country and we don't need to add anything else.

I am retired now but I worked as an engineer and my wife a school teacher.

Most years that I worked my wife's salary went entirely to pay the yearly combined tax bills. In some years her salary was not even enough.

The cost of government is horrendous in this country and is usually the largest single expenditure of any household, regardless of income.

When my sons became of college age it was hard on us to put them through because so much of our money went to the stupid government.

For a bloated military.

As a nation, we maintain a military larger than the next ten nations combined

There is a price to pay and we pay for it with less money available for education, healthcare and social services

You're trying to ignore the fact that we provide defense for most of the countries of the world. They don't have to pay for a military because we provide their defense for them.

The greedy idiot GOP rich have been stealing from the middle class and the country for 30 years, dupe.

An accusation of theft?

Okay, please identify the person(s) who committed the theft, the individual victim(s), the date, time, and location of the theft, and the property that was stolen.
Reaganists who made and defend to the death what is now a flat tax that sends all new wealth to the richest, dupe. Change the channel.

"The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--March 10, 2016
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

You failed to identify the property that was stolen from the victim.

You pretty much also failed to identify any of the other salient facts that would required in a report of theft, but if you're going to throw around accusations of theft why don't you try to at least identify the property that was stolen from the victim.
Money, stupid. When Americans saved 10% before Raygun and now lose money, duh. Can you read, or just parrot Rush or whoever...

Nothing government does can properly be called an "investment." To actually be an investment, there has to be at least a potential to get back more than you put in. When have government programs ever made money for the government? When politicians use the word "investment," it's a euphemism for pissing money down the sewer.
The country gets back more, shortsighted dingbat. We've lost million of jobs to smarter countries like Germany, and have millions going begging because we don't have techies to fill them.

German auto companies built plants in the United States, nimrod. They moved jobs here, not the other way around.

Yup. Nothing is free. Its all supported by the taxpayer. The taxpayer who pays for everything.

I think the taxpayers are on the hook for quite enough in this country and we don't need to add anything else.

Most years that I worked my wife's salary went entirely to pay the yearly combined tax bills. In some years her salary was not even enough.

The cost of government is horrendous in this country and is usually the largest single expenditure of any household, regardless of income.

When my sons became of college age it was hard on us to put them through because so much of our money went to the stupid government.

For a bloated military.

There is a price to pay and we pay for it with less money available for education, healthcare and social services

You're trying to ignore the fact that we provide defense for most of the countries of the world. They don't have to pay for a military because we provide their defense for them.
They have militarys. And buy our weapons.

Cop out

Our military structure has been in place long before Obama

Hypocrite.

You bitch about the cost of defense and then you help to elect a President that spent more money than anybody else in the history of the world, Then you chickenshitted out and tried to blame it on somebody else. that is pathetic.

In both 2008 and 2012 I voted for a candidate that ran on a strong platform of non interventionism. You voted for a candidate that continued with interventionism.

The person you voted for fought the war in Iraq for three years, called it a success, and then reintroduced bombing of the country and sent in more troops. He has troops in the country today. He bombed Libya, that had nothing to do with the security of the US, and he escalated the war in Afghanistan, using drones to kill civilians.

He maintained the foreign garrison of American troops at 160 foreign bases.

You have no credibility bitching about excessive defense spending.

Cop out

Obama has reduced our military spending through that stupid sequester. He has also closed a dozen foreign bases as of yesterday. Our military spending goes well beyond Obama. It goes to what our society values and wants to spend its money right now

Other countries have cut military spending and increased social spending. Our country is unwilling to do that

Those are all the same countries that are crying like babies because Trump is going to make them pay for the military protections they receive from the United States.

For a bloated military.

They spend a fraction of what we spend. We have bases in their countries for their protection. They're parasites of the U.S. military.

German auto companies built plants in the United States, nimrod. They moved jobs here, not the other way around.
Where do the profits go? And cars aren't everything lol...Tech workers make more.

Money, stupid. When Americans saved 10% before Raygun and now lose money, duh. Can you read, or just parrot Rush or whoever...

Yes, I understand that you're saying that money was stolen. But we need the details of the case. So Joe Blow has had his money stolen. How? From his saving account? From his wallet? How was the money accessed? When did this happen? Who did it?

Remember, every crime must have motive, means, and opportunity. You are being very vague on the means. Describe the crime you say was committed?

For a bloated military.

They spend a fraction of what we spend. We have bases in their countries for their protection. They're parasites of the U.S. military.
So cut our spending duh.

Yes, I understand that you're saying that money was stolen. But we need the details of the case. So Joe Blow has had his money stolen. How? From his saving account? From his wallet? How was the money accessed? When did this happen? Who did it?

Remember, every crime must have motive, means, and opportunity. You are being very vague on the means. Describe the crime you say was committed?
Taxes and fees, bad salaries and pay, giveaways to the rich and giant corps, ridiculous drug and health care prices, high college loan rates. Thanks, GOP. Read something.

Free stuff....
Free stuff....
More,more,more....

Well, the rich sure enjoy our roads and educated population to make money off of. Fact.

And they pay taxes for those roads and education and hire people and pay their salaries which are taxed.....
Fact...

I hate a govenment that wastes my tax dollars....
I hate hearing stories about people that travel to other countries and rave about the airports then come back here and feel they are in a third world country....
But spend,tax,spend more,tax more makes me sick....

Government gets plenty of revenue...
They regulate and tax people and stifle...
Because only government knows best.
Do you see private interests stepping up to repair roads and airports? No. They have their own concerns.

But infrastructure is used by nearly everyone, save those survivalists who live off the grid.

Because infrastructure is used by everyone and it's constitutionally mandated, we should spend whatever it takes to maintain it. The cost of maintenance is cheap compared to the cost of replacement.

Is education a waste of your dollars? Do you think this nation can compete, let alone lead the world without an educated work force? Again, the cost of education is high, but cheap compared to the cost of ignorance.
Why would a private company provide something the government already provides for free?
Infrastructure is also not constitutionally mandated.

That's only a fraction of your dumbass claims, but it's enough to show that you deserve to be ignored.

Forum List

Back