More "freedom" going on in Denver.

Five deputies and two other people were shot in Douglas County Sunday morning. One of ... The Denver Post reported that one of the deputies wounded in the shooting is the son of Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pele

5 Deputies And 2 Others Shot in Douglas County; 1 Deputy Killed.

:dunno: I guess I need to say Thank you, NRA!
We need more armed civilians to fight killer PIGS COPS out in public!
At this point, it's a game. Can you dodge the flying lead?
And where is my good anal gun nutter with a gun who were not paid to try to
murder American civilians every day.

As of today. PIG COPS have murdered 976 in 2017. Can they break the 1000 mark before midnight today?
Police shootings 2016 database
Police shootings 2017 database
We have a 2nd anal right' to be armed and it seems it just okay to use them to kill humans.
Sadly this was not a major mass shooting taking out 100's. But I'm sure the NRA membership
is working to spread more terror in 2018.

btw: GUNS DON'T KILL! Without the full sponsorship of the NRA Membership.
More Guns, more Shootings by armed 100% Americans. Whee! Use them if you got 'em!

You notice how the only people that want to take away guns here are the criminals?
I notice that the criminals always have guns. We need that. because it's "freedom".

Five deputies and two other people were shot in Douglas County Sunday morning. One of ... The Denver Post reported that one of the deputies wounded in the shooting is the son of Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pele

5 Deputies And 2 Others Shot in Douglas County; 1 Deputy Killed.

:dunno: I guess I need to say Thank you, NRA!
We need more armed civilians to fight killer PIGS COPS out in public!
At this point, it's a game. Can you dodge the flying lead?
And where is my good anal gun nutter with a gun who were not paid to try to
murder American civilians every day.

As of today. PIG COPS have murdered 976 in 2017. Can they break the 1000 mark before midnight today?
Police shootings 2016 database
Police shootings 2017 database
We have a 2nd anal right' to be armed and it seems it just okay to use them to kill humans.
Sadly this was not a major mass shooting taking out 100's. But I'm sure the NRA membership
is working to spread more terror in 2018.

btw: GUNS DON'T KILL! Without the full sponsorship of the NRA Membership.
More Guns, more Shootings by armed 100% Americans. Whee! Use them if you got 'em!

You notice how the only people that want to take away guns here are the criminals?
I notice that the criminals always have guns. We need that. Because it's "freedom".

Is there anyone here that is pro criminal and wants criminals to have guns? Anyone? Please. Common here. It's the criminals that benefit from the gun culture America has. I don't want that, do you? Let's end that.

Is there anyone here that is pro criminal and wants criminals to have guns? Anyone? Please. Common here. It's the criminals that benefit from the gun culture America has. I don't want that, do you? Let's end that.

That's' exactly backward. It is criminals who benefit from gun control laws. Criminals have guns, regardless of whether law-abiding citizens are allowed them. Criminals benefit when prospective victims are unarmed and defenseless.

Modern gun control laws are not so obvious about the true motive behind them, as earlier ones were. The progenitor of all modern gun control laws is the Sullivan Act in New York. It was authored by Timothy Sullivan, a criminal gangster-turned politician. It was specifically crafted to give an advantage to Mr. Sullivan's criminal gang, by allowing him to deny law-abiding citizens and members of rival gangs the right to possess arms.

Before that, gun control laws were specifically aimed at recently-freed former slaves to make them easier and safer prey for the Ku Klux Klan.

If you are in favor of gun control laws, then either by intent or by ignorance, you are on the side of violent criminals, and against that of law-abiding citizens.

That's' exactly backward. It is criminals who benefit from gun control laws. Criminals have guns, regardless of whether law-abiding citizens are allowed them. Criminals benefit when prospective victims are unarmed and defenseless.

Modern gun control laws are not so obvious about the true motive behind them, as earlier ones were. The progenitor of all modern gun control laws is the Sullivan Act in New York. It was authored by Timothy Sullivan, a criminal gangster-turned politician. It was specifically crafted to give an advantage to Mr. Sullivan's criminal gang, by allowing him to deny law-abiding citizens and members of rival gangs the right to possess arms.

Before that, gun control laws were specifically aimed at recently-freed former slaves to make them easier and safer prey for the Ku Klux Klan.

If you are in favor of gun control laws, then either by intent or by ignorance, you are on the side of violent criminals, and against that of law-abiding citizens.
Like my thermometers, you miss the actual temperature by a smidge. Ah, Americans don't need to be told what to think, or do. Violent criminals don't want gun control either.

I can name a bunch Rderp, Billy, lakhota , Oreo to name a few they are all criminals who supports sanctuary cities.

It's to late to do anything about it .

Yeah right. Absolutely. Japan shows that very clearly. As does Australia.

According to your argument the citizens should be cowering in their dwellings over run by armed criminals, rather than benefiting from a low firearm homicide rate.

Last edited:

Not gun culture....inner city criminal culture....we have 600 million guns in this country owned by people who do not use them for crime.....then we have a small number of criminals who use guns, illegally. Then people like you keep letting them out after we catch them and lock them up...that is the problem, not law abiding gun owners.

Tommy, I live not to far from where this atrocity happened. And the Aurora movie theater shooting was within a few miles also. And I am tired of it. It has to end. American gun culture is sick, and just getting worse. What is the solution?

No, .....it isn't American gun culture....law abiding gun owners are not shooting people with guns...in fact, as more law abiding people own and carry guns, our crime rate has gone down....Britain banned guns, and now their gun crime rate is going up...how do you explain that? Is it British gun culture causing their massive increase in gun crime? Please...explain that...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Yeah right. Absolutely. Japan shows that very clearly. As does Australia.

According to your argument the citizens should be cowering in their dwellings over run by armed criminals, rather than benefiting from a low firearm homicide rate.

Japan......they have a low gun crime rate because they do what we, the supporters of gun Rights say we should do....lock up gun criminals for a long time...

And Australia...you haven't been following their country have you.....? Their gun crime rate is going up....Melbourne now has the nickname "City of the Gun."

Here in the states...people like you have allowed a revolving door policy for gun criminals...they get let out to shoot people because you guys refuse to keep them locked up...if you did what Japan does...we wouldn't have criminals shooting each other in our inner cities.....

Japan....

http://www.atimes.com/article/japans-gun-control-laws-strict-yakuza-turn-toy-pistols/

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison. If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”

Australia...

Gun city: Young, dumb and armed

The notion that a military-grade weapon could be in the hands of local criminals is shocking, but police have already seized at least five machine guns and assault rifles in the past 18 months. The AK-47 was not among them.

Only a fortnight ago, law enforcement authorities announced they were hunting another seven assault rifles recently smuggled into the country. Weapons from the shipment have been used in armed robberies and drive-by shootings.

These are just a handful of the thousands of illicit guns fuelling a wave of violent crime in the world’s most liveable city.

----

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five year

-----------

While the body count was higher during Melbourne’s ‘Underbelly War’ (1999-2005), more people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals.

Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled, driven by the easy availability of handguns, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and, increasingly, machine guns, that are smuggled into the country or stolen from licensed owners.

-------------

These weapons have been used in dozens of recent drive-by shootings of homes and businesses, as well as targeted and random attacks in parks, shopping centres and roads.

“They’re young, dumb and armed,” said one former underworld associate, who survived a shooting attempt in the western suburbs several years ago.

“It used to be that if you were involved in something bad you might have to worry about [being shot]. Now people get shot over nothing - unprovoked.”

------------

Gun crime soars
In this series, Fairfax Media looks at Melbourne’s gun problem and the new breed of criminals behind the escalating violence.

The investigation has found:

• There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
  • Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are using gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
In response to the violence, it can be revealed the state government is planning to introduce new criminal offences for drive-by shootings, manufacturing of firearms with new technologies such as 3D printers, and more police powers to keep weapons out of the hands of known criminals.
============
The second part of the series....
Gun city: Gunslingers of the North West

========================
'Thousands' of illegal guns tipped to be handed over in firearms amnesty

Asked roughly how many he expected to be handed in, Mr Keenan said: "Look I certainly think the number will be in the thousands."

The Australian Crime Commission estimated in 2012 there were at least 250,000 illegal guns in Australia. But a Senate report noted last year it was impossible to estimate how many illicit weapons are out there.

But....military weapons?

And despite Australia's strict border controls, the smuggling of high-powered military-style firearms is also a growing problem.

Gop/NRA preach that we need high powered weapons in order to fight off the government!

View attachment 168885
Hyperbolic nonsense.

No firearm regulatory measure seeks to ‘take away’ guns, the notion is a ridiculous lie.

The Second Amendment safeguards the individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense, not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ and not to defend against a government incorrectly perceived to be ‘tyrannical.’

Tommy, I live not to far from where this atrocity happened. And the Aurora movie theater shooting was within a few miles also. And I am tired of it. It has to end. American gun culture is sick, and just getting worse. What is the solution?
You have my sympathies Mary. I cant imagine living with that hanging over me and my family.
You should move over here. Its a lot safer and life goes on at a gentle pace.

It isn't safer in Britain....it is a lot more violent across the whole country...we have isolated spots in our inner cities...you have a violent country where average citizens are getting raped and robbed......

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

-------

You have my sympathies Mary. I cant imagine living with that hanging over me and my family.
I am looking north to Canada. Good folks.

Gun crime is going up there too.....it is going down here.....have fun....

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/gun-violence-isnt-just-a-u-s-problem-and-canada-isnt-immune/

In terms of absolute numbers, no other Canadian city comes close to the number of shootings and shooting victims, and shootings in Toronto increased 41 per cent between 2015 and 2016; this year’s numbers are on par with the previous year’s, too.

But when year-over-year changes in gun violence are taken into account, there are other Canadian cities whose problems are at least just as bad.

Local officials in Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Ottawa, and Halifax have all publicly lamented the rise of gun violence in their cities, and with the absence of provincial and federal support, they have found themselves scrambling to implement their own initiatives.

In Regina, there has been a 94-per-cent increase in violent offences involving guns over the five-year average, and a 163-per-cent increase in the number of victims of firearms offences between 2015 to 2016. This prompted the city to conduct a two-week gun amnesty program in February.

Confidence in the federal government’s ability to tackle gun violence in Surrey, B.C. is so low that many residents have contemplated severing ties with the RCMP and setting up their own municipal police force. Surrey Mayor Linda Hepner recently announced the city would be creating its own task force to address gang and gun violence.

------

These meetings should be driven by a single question: how can a country with strict laws on purchasing and carrying firearms see such an exponential increase in gun violence over the span of a few years?

Police can't explain increase in shootings in Toronto

The two shootings come as Toronto is experiencing a year of increased gun violence, up 35 per cent from last year. The number of victims has also increased, up by 80 per cent over last August, according to police statistics.

Deputy Chief Peter Sloly can't say why there have been so many shootings this year, adding that he's noticed an uptick in gun violence across the country.

"It's a concerning trend we're seeing this year," Sloly told CBC News. "We've put extra resources on the street, we've got extra intelligence coming in, we have extra support from our communities."

I am looking north to Canada. Good folks.

America was founded in violent defiance and rebellion against a horrendous tyrant. Canada was founded in cowering and grovelling before that same tyrant.

I think you'll fit in just fine there, and America will be better off without you.
A horrendous tyrant that wouldn`t let the colonists grab anymore Indian lands. Canada seems to be doing very well btw.

They have an increasing gun crime problem......

http://www.macleans.ca/opinion/gun-violence-isnt-just-a-u-s-problem-and-canada-isnt-immune/

In terms of absolute numbers, no other Canadian city comes close to the number of shootings and shooting victims, and shootings in Toronto increased 41 per cent between 2015 and 2016; this year’s numbers are on par with the previous year’s, too.

But when year-over-year changes in gun violence are taken into account, there are other Canadian cities whose problems are at least just as bad.

Local officials in Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Ottawa, and Halifax have all publicly lamented the rise of gun violence in their cities, and with the absence of provincial and federal support, they have found themselves scrambling to implement their own initiatives.

In Regina, there has been a 94-per-cent increase in violent offences involving guns over the five-year average, and a 163-per-cent increase in the number of victims of firearms offences between 2015 to 2016. This prompted the city to conduct a two-week gun amnesty program in February.

Confidence in the federal government’s ability to tackle gun violence in Surrey, B.C. is so low that many residents have contemplated severing ties with the RCMP and setting up their own municipal police force. Surrey Mayor Linda Hepner recently announced the city would be creating its own task force to address gang and gun violence.

------

These meetings should be driven by a single question: how can a country with strict laws on purchasing and carrying firearms see such an exponential increase in gun violence over the span of a few years?

Police can't explain increase in shootings in Toronto

The two shootings come as Toronto is experiencing a year of increased gun violence, up 35 per cent from last year. The number of victims has also increased, up by 80 per cent over last August, according to police statistics.

Deputy Chief Peter Sloly can't say why there have been so many shootings this year, adding that he's noticed an uptick in gun violence across the country.

"It's a concerning trend we're seeing this year," Sloly told CBC News. "We've put extra resources on the street, we've got extra intelligence coming in, we have extra support from our communities."

The "thoughts and prayers" strategy is very cost effective but doesnt appear to be working.

Perhaps a gun nut could point to one of its successes ?

Here you go...while your country has seen a 27% increase in gun crime over the whole country last year alone after yearly increases, and a 42% increase in gun crime in London....helping to make London more violent than New York city....our gun crime rate went down 75%....our gun murder rate went down 49%...and our violent crime rate went down 72%......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

This all happened as more Americans own and carry more guns.....you banned guns and now have more gun crime....

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

It saddens me that gun ownership is more important than the lives of human beings. Freedom should be balanced with responsibility. And in America, there is no balance. We need to fix that. I am not moving anywhere, I love America too much.

How do you figure....you are a person who willfully doesn't care about the truth.......you have an emotional understanding of guns, and refuse to see anything else......

The truth....

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

More Truth....Americans use guns for self defense.....do you understand what that means? By using their legal guns, they stop rape...robbery, and murder...does that even register in your mind....lives saved, lives kept from being destroyed? Do you understand that? Far more lives are saved and spared the destruction of violent criminal attack than are taken by criminals who democrats release back onto our streets....

Look at these studies...look at how many Americans use guns to stop criminals....to save lives.....do you even try to understand that?

I just averaged the studies at the bottom......I took only studies that exluded military and police gun use.....notice, theses studies which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)

Local law enforcement had swat teams and armored vehicles and well armed police standing up to the aggressor. Well after the fact. One disgruntled guy killed a law enforcement officer and wounded others. Because he had a gun. Why did this asshole even HAVE a gun to begin with?

Why do the criminals in Britain have guns? They banned and confiscated them...and their criminals still get them. Why did the terrorists, on government terrorist watch lists get guns in France?....where fully automtic miltary rifles are banned completely, yet they got them and murdered 142 people.....

Gop/NRA preach that we need high powered weapons in order to fight off the government!

View attachment 168885
Hyperbolic nonsense.

No firearm regulatory measure seeks to ‘take away’ guns, the notion is a ridiculous lie.

The Second Amendment safeguards the individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense, not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ and not to defend against a government incorrectly perceived to be ‘tyrannical.’

The ultimate goal of the "reasonable gun control laws" is to make the ownership of guns so expensive that only the rich can legally have them. Gun control is the ultimate form of class warfare. Why do you think it is funded by billionaires.

Forum List

Back