More than 99.9% of peer reviewed studies show that humans are the primary cause of global warming

I think you misunderstand. Venus is also a victim of the greenhouse effect quite apart from any human activity. My position lies more along the lines of not excluding other causations that we may have no control over whatsoever. I believe we are moving at a good pace towards the retirement of hydrocarbon combustion and I don't really believe that if we were to stop all of it tomorrow it would make much of a difference in what's going to happen over the next century.

I think the current renewables program will provide a good stepping stone to what will most likely become a fusion supplied grid. In the meantime I'm having trouble justifying the crippling of the economy in the name of transition.
What makes you think the economy is being crippled? Current US unemployment rate is 3.9%. The 2023 US GDP is $26.24 trillion, up 9.2% over last year. The Consumer Price Index is up 3.7% over the last year. The Producer Price Index is up 1.014% over the last year.

Not given that the planet cooled for millions of years with significantly more CO2 than today. Or that the previous interglacial periods were 2C warmer than today with 120 ppm less atmospheric CO2 than today.

The more the planet warms the greater the loss of heat to space becomes. It's a natural compensation that exists. There's no chance the planet is warming up 5C in 77 years. That would be very close to melting all ice at both poles. It's like you people don't even check the geologic record. For this landmass distribution the sea level versus temperature and thresholds for glaciation at each pole are well established. You can literally read the threshold temperature for each pole from the oxygen isotope curve.
Hilarious

And increasingly desperate attempt at political view

Science is not done by consensus, that’s how a cult operates

We’re having vigorous debates about gravity, but 99.9% of paid stooges agree about manmade global climate warming change? Ridiculous!
A cult operates from a single leader.

Scientific consensus is reached to peer reviewed evidence.

In 1492, 99% of peer reviewed studies proved beyond a doubt the earth was flat, but the Italians disagreed and sent Chris Columbus to prove them wrong and discover a new world.
Hilarious

That post just explains the repressive nature of religion on education and science.

I like 5C_otto
Great, decision made.

Now answer the question about how a warming planet killed a second season of crab fishing in Alaska and it’s affect on the industry.

Good or bad.

Great, decision made.

Now answer the question about how a warming planet killed a second season of crab fishing in Alaska and it’s affect on the industry.

Good or bad.
Totally natural. Happens every interglacial period, 5C_otto.

Forum List

Back