New AZ law - Welfare ends after 12 months

The Legislature also passed a law seeking to force anyone getting Medicaid to have a job, and cutting off those benefits after five years. And Republican leaders are suing their own state to block a centerpiece of President Barack Obama's health care law, which expanded Medicaid to give more poor people health insurance.

If they prevail, more than 300,000 poor Arizonans could lose their coverage.

Just more evidence that Republicans hate poor people - even if it doesn't cost the state anything.
Yeah, it's crazy. Arizona is going to be a toilet of crime.
So we should force the taxpayers to provide them with an income so they won't commit crimes? Sounds like extortion.
What do you think the purpose of welfare is, dope?

It's to give people a hand up until they can take care of themselves. Not a lifetime support system allowing people to be slothful.

Poor people need to stop having kids. With the ready availability of birth control and abortion there is no excuse for it
Mexicans love having babies, they're not interested in birth control.

Republicans should love that. They're not interested in birth control either. Let me rephrase that - they're not interested in letting women have access to it.

Poor people need to stop having kids. With the ready availability of birth control and abortion there is no excuse for it

Republicans should love that. They're not interested in birth control either. Let me rephrase that - they're not interested in letting women have access to it.

Your kind can't help but lie.

Republicans don't care if you to use birth control as long as YOU pay for it. It's when taxpayers are on the hook for it that they're against.

Republicans don't care if you to use birth control as long as YOU pay for it. It's when taxpayers are on the hook for it that they're against.
I think he's championing abortion as birth control, which technically it is.

Actually most I know of prefer they use birth control instead of relying on abortion

Most of "my kind" prefer birth control over abortion. A pity the Republicans are so busy with legislation seeking to make access more difficult, particularly for poor women. And now they want to cut Medicaid too. God forbid they raise a single tax.

Most of "my kind" prefer birth control over abortion. A pity the Republicans are so busy with legislation seeking to make access more difficult, particularly for poor women. And now they want to cut Medicaid too. God forbid they raise a single tax.

As a 40 year resident of Arizona I believe I know what's happened here. The problems began when Janet Napolitano became governor. She was Janet Reno with a taxpayer checking account. An abysmal governor, (she was at a governor's conference in Ohio for 3 days while Phoenix ran out of gasoline from a busted pipe in Tucson)...she begrudgingly returned only after the newspapers were asking where the hell she was. She turned our non-union, high-growth prosperity into a $3B deficit before fleeing into Obozo's arms and stopped the completion of Chertoff's border fence.

Then the market crash hit. That combined with NAFTA destroying the Mehican economy and no border enforcement has put us in deep trouble. We have thousands of illegals draining the welfare funds. The new governor knows raising taxes will slow the Kalis and New Englanders from storming in here faster than they already are. We need their investment and venture capital to grow out of this mess. Jan Brewer took Obozo's ACA and turned it into medicaid money and expanded the rolls, letting folks who hadn't had anything but OR healthcare see an actual doctor for preventive measures. The new guy is putting the medicaid money into child-protection services.

Napolitano wild spending got us in this mess, the bankers playing roulette with crap CRA mortgages knee-capped us, and the illegals are holding our heads under water. Somebody had to make tough decisions and Doug Ducey has. Those truly in need will get fairness hearings with a judge instead of a bored bureaucrat in a shitty mood. Let the illegals, bums, and leaches book out of here back to where they came from...the elderly shouldn't have much to worry about.

God forbid they have to pay for others, then can't pay for their own.

Most of your kind are whining because others don't want to pay for your birth control and think conservative are to blame for the mamas with 10 baby-daddies.

If they'd toss out all the illegal aliens collecting benefits there'd be money for poor CITIZENS.

Facing 1 Billion Deficit Arizona Sharply Limits Welfare - US News

may 18 2015
PHOENIX (AP) — Facing a $1 billion budget deficit, Arizona's Republican-led Legislature has reduced the lifetime limit for welfare recipients to the shortest window in the nation.

Low-income families on welfare will now have their benefits cut off after just 12 months.

As a result, the Arizona Department of Economic Security will drop at least 1,600 families — including more than 2,700 children — from the state's federally funded welfare program on July 1, 2016.

The cuts of at least $4 million reflect a prevailing mood among the lawmakers in control in Arizona that welfare, Medicaid and other public assistance programs are crutches that keep the poor from getting back on their feet and achieving their potential

Most states impose a five-year limit on welfare benefits. Thirteen states limit it to two years or less, and Texas has a tiered time limit that can be as little as 12 months but allows children to continue to receive funding even after the parents have been cut, welfare policy analyst Liz Schott said.

So when all the 'illegal aliens' are gone, the life time limit of 12 months will be lifted?

The Legislature also passed a law seeking to force anyone getting Medicaid to have a job, and cutting off those benefits after five years. And Republican leaders are suing their own state to block a centerpiece of President Barack Obama's health care law, which expanded Medicaid to give more poor people health insurance.

Just more evidence that Republicans hate poor people - even if it doesn't cost the state anything.
Yeah, it's crazy. Arizona is going to be a toilet of crime.
So we should force the taxpayers to provide them with an income so they won't commit crimes? Sounds like extortion.
What do you think the purpose of welfare is, dope?

It's to give people a hand up until they can take care of themselves. Not a lifetime support system allowing people to be slothful.
sloths don't have a problem with it.
funny thing is, working Americans collect welfare too.

As a 40 year resident of Arizona I believe I know what's happened here. The problems began when Janet Napolitano became governor. She was Janet Reno with a taxpayer checking account. An abysmal governor, (she was at a governor's conference in Ohio for 3 days while Phoenix ran out of gasoline from a busted pipe in Tucson)...she begrudgingly returned only after the newspapers were asking where the hell she was. She turned our non-union, high-growth prosperity into a $3B deficit before fleeing into Obozo's arms and stopped the completion of Chertoff's border fence.

Then the market crash hit. That combined with NAFTA destroying the Mehican economy and no border enforcement has put us in deep trouble. We have thousands of illegals draining the welfare funds. The new governor knows raising taxes will slow the Kalis and New Englanders from storming in here faster than they already are. We need their investment and venture capital to grow out of this mess. Jan Brewer took Obozo's ACA and turned it into medicaid money and expanded the rolls, letting folks who hadn't had anything but OR healthcare see an actual doctor for preventive measures. The new guy is putting the medicaid money into child-protection services.

Napolitano wild spending got us in this mess, the bankers playing roulette with crap CRA mortgages knee-capped us, and the illegals are holding our heads under water. Somebody had to make tough decisions and Doug Ducey has. Those truly in need will get fairness hearings with a judge instead of a bored bureaucrat in a shitty mood. Let the illegals, bums, and leaches book out of here back to where they came from...the elderly shouldn't have much to worry about.
(snicker)

They kind of have to. One of the central themes of the GOP is the morality of money. If you have money, you're virtuous. You're hardworking. You're competent. You're a maker. If you don't have money, you lack virtue. You're lazy. You're incompetent. You're a leech and a taker.

Thus, the most virtuous of our society are those with the most material wealth. And the least virtuous as those with the least wealth.

With that narrative ingrained in their heads and internalized by their chattle, how could they not hate poor people? Or at least loath them a little

Worse, we're seeing the transition in their moral narrative that I predicted; the cleansing of the immorality of individual poverty through suffering. With some in the GOP argueing that the poor need to hurt more, that their poverty needs to be more severe. And that through misery, they'll become 'makers'. Though they phrase it only slightly differently;

That decisions come with consequences. And the poor are being shielded from consequence. So by lifting benefits, you free them to experience the consequence of their decisions. Which will motivate them to work harder.

Its about as far away from the teachings of Christ as is possible without a golden calf

For his sake, I hope your son's wishes have not come to fruition.
I have no children another false assertion crashes and burns....
True, you would have to get laid first. Never-the-less, if you were to have a child, I would hope he would not have the misfortune suggested in your post. Your fate is clear, yet any child has a chance not to be an asshole.

let's see if I have this right, conservative want to erase welfare and Medicare ?
do they have a contingency plan to fight the millions of starving people who will without doubt l be forced to rob, murder and do massive harm to the country just to survive.
will they call in the army to depose of all the diseased riddled corpses from non treatment of illness?
or do they just plan to shoot the poor.

For his sake, I hope your son's wishes have not come to fruition.
I have no children another false assertion crashes and burns....
True, you would have to get laid first. Never-the-less, if you were to have a child, I would hope he would not have the misfortune suggested in your post. Your fate is clear, yet any child has a chance not to be an asshole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back