No Excuses: Keystone XL Pipeline Clears Major Hurdle

Here's an idea! Read beyond the link headline!

The number of permanent jobs will be about 35.

So who was off by the most...2,000 or 500,000?

Hmmmm...

Isaac Asimov: "When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."

Guess who Asimov is talking about, LordBrownTrout.

I'm a petroleum geologist. The earth is not perfectly round and is not flat. I know you're trying to make a point but you may want to direct that elsewhere.

O's numbers are as goofy as the 500k claim.

Hmmmm...

Isaac Asimov: "When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."

I'm a petroleum geologist. The earth is not perfectly round and is not flat. I know you're trying to make a point but you may want to direct that elsewhere.
Zooooooommmmm!

The point went right over your head.

You said Obama's numbers were "as goofy" as the 500,000.

Nope. Not even close to being as goofy. The difference between Obama's number and the 500,000 number is the difference between saying the earth is round and saying the earth is flat. Thus, you saying his numbers are "as goofy" makes you "wronger than both of them put together". You are wronger than Obama and the faux right rubes put together.

Hmmmm...

Zooooooommmmm!

The point went right over your head.

You said Obama's numbers were "as goofy" as the 500,000.

Nope. Not even close to being as goofy. The difference between Obama's number and the 500,000 number is the difference between saying the earth is round and saying the earth is flat. Thus, you saying his numbers are "as goofy" makes you "wronger than both of them put together". You are wronger than Obama and the faux right rubes put together.

Lol!

It will add co2 into the planets atmosphere. That alone is the reason to oppose it.

What does Plant Life need to live on?

And what does Plant Life emit as it photosynthesizes it?

And what do humans need in order to survive.

You people just don't think. You really don't

Neither do you.

Drink 8 glasses of water a day and it will improve your health.

Drink 800 glasses and you run the possibility of dying.

Hmmmm...

It's just G's latest attempt at being a condescending shit-for-brains...

How big would the payroll be if you pay 500,000 employees $10 per hour for one week?

An astounding $2 billion, just for one week. About 25% of their revenue for all of 2012. Somehow I don't think half a million jobs is a realistic number. :lol:

The average pipeline worker gets over $20.00 per hour ($43,000 per year).

It will add co2 into the planets atmosphere. That alone is the reason to oppose it.

What does Plant Life need to live on?

And what does Plant Life emit as it photosynthesizes it?

And what do humans need in order to survive.

You people just don't think. You really don't

Neither do you.

Drink 8 glasses of water a day and it will improve your health.

Drink 800 glasses and you run the possibility of dying.

Nitrogen – 78 percent
Oxygen – 21 percent
Argon – 0.93 percent
Carbon dioxide – 0.038 percent

Nonetheless, your point is valid.

Hmmmm...

Already did. 35 is way too low also.

The number I've heard floated around was 5K.

That sounds about right.

But if they are so sure it's going to generate that many jobs?

Maybe it should be part of the legislation mandating that XL create and maintain that many Americans jobs on the payroll.

:cool:

500,000 permanent jobs?

Doing what, exactly?

Collecting Beer Cans for the 5 cent deposit.

I hear you man, who gives a crap about 5K jobs, certainly not Obama or his minions like you.

And I am so glad you're protecting the environment by instead of sending oil across land, making sure they put it on little boats and floating it across the big ocean. That is so freaking much safer. You know, like the Exxon Valdiz showed.

Hmmmm...

It's just G's latest attempt at being a condescending shit-for-brains...

Yeah, it's amusing.

Hmmmm...

Already did. 35 is way too low also.

The number I've heard floated around was 5K.

That sounds about right.

But if they are so sure it's going to generate that many jobs?

Maybe it should be part of the legislation mandating that XL create and maintain that many Americans jobs on the payroll.

:cool:

That may be a reasonable number. Indirect employment to the pipeline could easily rise to the five digits.

False. Stupid. Dishonest. Ignorant. Typical dimocrap

The spillages created by Warren Buffoon's train tankers are far more devastating, dangerous, costly and likely than a leak from a pipeline that can be shut down on a moments notice.

Unlike a runaway freight train.

There have been several of these.

Casselton, ND Train Derailment, Fire, Explosions Prompt Evacuations HD V?DEO - YouTube

How can one group of people (dimocraps) be so wrong so often on so many subjects?

It's an art. Gotta be. Nothing can be that stupid and survive.

Where's Darwin when you need him.... :dunno:

P.S.

Funny how the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM isn't making such a Big Deal™ out of this, huh?

And since that's the only place you get your views, you're left at the gate wondering WTF just happened.

"What happened" is.... You choose to be uninformed. You choose to be ignorant of facts. You choose to be a dimocrap and limit your knowledge.

Your ego is invested in it. And you can't change. Too bad for you.

Guy, you really need to get over your anger issues. Just because your girlfriend dumped you for a guy in a Che T-shirt, you just need to get over it, bud.

Second, a pipeline rupture would be MASSIVELY more devastating than a single tanker car exploding.

Evacuations In Milford After Pipeline Explosion « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

I am a first responder for derailments throughout the midwest and what you say is true. Usually we can get a handle on the spill of a tanker car within the first few hours.

OK let's deal with facts..
Exxon Valdez carried nearly 1,264,155 barrels in one tanker in one mile.
A train carried about 40,000 barrels in 73 cars in one mile.
Keystone pipeline will carry over 1,179 miles 830,000 barrels in 24 hours or in one mile: 703 barrels of oil.

One tanker accident puts at risk 1.2 million barrels in the ocean probably worst weather situation.
One train totally derailed puts in one mile 40,000 barrels.
One mile of pipeline having a leak in ALL of the ONE mile will spill 703 barrels.
Which is worse???

Pipe Dreams: How Many Jobs Will Be Created By Keystone XL? - Forbes

Forbes.

It shows how many jobs were used to construct the Alaskan pipeline, which was much more complex. Initial construction job estimates were way off. Much less people were employed to build the pipeline. Altogether, about 19,000. But those were temporary construction jobs.

Because the Keystone XL Pipeline will be constructed through the heart of the United States the number of service and transportation jobs created will be lower.

The article is very careful to avoid mentioning how many permanent jobs there are on the Alaskan pipeline now.

Last edited:
Every American who wants a job could find it on the Keystone Pip-line

That is why Obama is against it

Forum List

Back