No historical Jesus

apart from the 1920s...or early 1960s...

I would give my life to be a follower of Jesus....back then...words can not express...

We see that Christians didn't start creating legendary stories fifty years after-the-fact. They were teaching the truths about Jesus immediately following his death and resurrection.

A.k.a. "talking story" and "sharing legends".

The New Testament is based on stories told verbally for decades at a minimum and a century at most. Stories shared by story-tellers paid as much for their skills at embellishment and entertainment as they were for the content of their stories. During a time of extreme political unrest, these stories were finally committed to paper by people who were driven by politics as much as they were religion.

The ONLY way that those stories were coming out of that environment free of spin from both the left and the right would be actual Divine intervention, and there is ZERO evidence of that.

I think Jesus...didn't want to be remember as Jesus....

HE Wanted to be remember as LOVE.

I think he'd have preferred being remembered by his actual name -- Yeshua

who knows darling....

All of it is speculation but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have wanted a latin name when he fought against Roman occupation.

I'm uncomfortable calling Moshe Moses...yuch!

you are a moron

respectfully

Nope...I read TNT 6 times. How many times have you read it?

I think Jesus...didn't want to be remember as Jesus....

HE Wanted to be remember as LOVE.

I think he'd have preferred being remembered by his actual name -- Yeshua

who knows darling....

All of it is speculation but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have wanted a latin name when he fought against Roman occupation.

I'm uncomfortable calling Moshe Moses...yuch!

But Yvonne De Carlo said it so awesomely in The Ten Commandments

I love Jesus because he was humble....

HE didn't give a shit about names and things...

That's why I don;t like organized religion

I love Jesus as he was humble and full of love never caring about history and shit

Almost too good to be true...

Almost... fictional.​

I do not think "Jesus" cares what he is called as long as he is called and welcomed by the heart and into the soul.

I never understand the point of these threads. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. Many people are inspired by the life and teachings of Jesus, why does that bother you? Are you trying to educate? No. Are you trying to draw people to your religion because obviously your beliefs make you bitter and nasty and condescending. Yeah, that's a great marketing strategy

lol I dont read shit of the likes like u

I follow fun love Jesus...

you mean nothing

respectfully

Cool

omg what a...

You think I care what you think when what you think is based on...?
I have no idea WHAT'S it based on.
And frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

f off them

Who's them?
Are you getting non-Jesus like emotional?
Like the actual TNT Jesus?
But that's so not the loving cool Jesus floating in your head.
Even Jesus got pissed when the trolls, money changers and animal sellers practiced their respective crafts in the Temple.

f off them

Who's them?
Even Jesus got pissed when the trolls, money changers and animal sellers practiced their respective crafts in the Temple.

Yes he did.
That's TNT Jesus.

omg what a...

f off them

Who's them?

Yes he did.
That's TNT Jesus.
TNT?

f off them

Who's them?

Yes he did.
That's TNT Jesus.
TNT?
The New Testament.

I don't doubt that Jesus of Nazareth lived a Monkey life and died on a Roman cross.

It's the stories written 50 odd years after his death declaring him to be God in flesh that I find difficult to swallow.

If A Tomb Was Found...? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I agree, but the OP is claiming Jesus never existed. I find that harder to believe than the belief he was God in the flesh, to be honest. It's right up there with the nuts who believe we never landed on the moon or George W. Bush staged 9-11.... it's just kooky conspiracy theory and some people believe it.

I do think it is a fascinating and candid look at how people's beliefs work. Evidence is subjective, it's dependent upon whether we see it as legitimate or valid and to what degree. People will say, "I believe this because there is proof..." but the "proof" is simply evidence you accepted as proof.

See you are easilly fooled by the use of real figures to make the image seem historical, but that does not make the icon a real singular historical figure.
Repost of my example in hopes you grasp this.

Difference Between Real People & Fictional Characters

A character (or fictional character) is a person in a
narrative work (such as a novel, or passion play).
I KEEP HEARING PEOPLE COMMENT THAT:
Although Rome borrowed legends and customs of
many cultures and infused them into Christianity
that Jesus still actually historically existed or was
based on someone who did. This is not an honest
assesment since being based on many figures and
mythologies/deities does not make you based on a
singular historical figure to say you existed as that
singular figure.
Let me use an analogy:
Larry David writes a Tv Pilot for Jerry Seinfeld, now
Jerry in the TV show is loosely based on the real
Jerry but since Larry David's sense of humor is in
the comedic irony it's also Larry David making the
Jerry image in the stories /scripts.
Now one could argue Jerry exists, but he's not the
King of comedy without Larry David nor is TV Jerry
an actual person. That could he argued.
Same with Kramer being based mostly on a friend
of Larry David, but once again the TV Kramer is
not special without Larry David.
HOWEVER here's where you guys mess up your
logic; suppose you have George based on former
comedic Tv and movie fictional Figures mixed with
the quirks and stories of a few real figures like
Gregory, GEOFFRY, AND Harry. These converged
figures can't have their real names like Kramer and
Jerry have, so they get a new name, new birthdate
as well.
They have 3 jobs so the character needs his own
new job or has all 3 jobs through the seasons as he
get's fired from each one. *L* Even George owes
his image to the writer Larry David for even though
George is written to he Italian, he shows the traits
of the Jewish writer.
So now is George real, did George Castanza exist
as a singular historical person?
If you said yes then go sit on santa clauses lap-
and here's your sign that says "I RIDE THE SHORT
BUS"

Yeahhh... I'm not gunna read unformatted bullshit... formatted bullshit is bad enough. :puke:
That was the dumbest excuse you can ever make, but also trashes your faith who couldn't properly format their stories and get them straight (50 thousand errors & contradictions in the NT).
Your human ego said that, otherwise you'd have to admit children who know Santa doesn't exist are smarter and more rational then you.

In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship,Bart Ehrman wrote, "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees".

[14]Richard A. Burridge states: "There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church's imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more".

[15]Robert M. Price does not believe that Jesus existed, but agrees that this perspective runs against the views of the majority of scholars.

[16]James D.G. Dunn calls the theories of Jesus' non-existence "a thoroughly dead thesis".

[17]Michael Grant (a classicist) wrote in 1977, "In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary".

[18]Robert E. Van Voorst states that biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of non-existence of Jesus as effectively refuted.

Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

f off them

Who's them?

That is why the Southern Baptists are HONEST, Fire & Brimstone Christians.
THEY read TNT, not simply listen to their Catholic Priest's speeches.

I don't doubt that Jesus of Nazareth lived a Monkey life and died on a Roman cross.

It's the stories written 50 odd years after his death declaring him to be God in flesh that I find difficult to swallow.

If A Tomb Was Found...? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I agree, but the OP is claiming Jesus never existed. I find that harder to believe than the belief he was God in the flesh, to be honest. It's right up there with the nuts who believe we never landed on the moon or George W. Bush staged 9-11.... it's just kooky conspiracy theory and some people believe it.

I do think it is a fascinating and candid look at how people's beliefs work. Evidence is subjective, it's dependent upon whether we see it as legitimate or valid and to what degree. People will say, "I believe this because there is proof..." but the "proof" is simply evidence you accepted as proof.

See you are easilly fooled by the use of real figures to make the image seem historical, but that does not make the icon a real singular historical figure.
Repost of my example in hopes you grasp this.

Difference Between Real People & Fictional Characters

A character (or fictional character) is a person in a
narrative work (such as a novel, or passion play).
I KEEP HEARING PEOPLE COMMENT THAT:
Although Rome borrowed legends and customs of
many cultures and infused them into Christianity
that Jesus still actually historically existed or was
based on someone who did. This is not an honest
assesment since being based on many figures and
mythologies/deities does not make you based on a
singular historical figure to say you existed as that
singular figure.
Let me use an analogy:
Larry David writes a Tv Pilot for Jerry Seinfeld, now
Jerry in the TV show is loosely based on the real
Jerry but since Larry David's sense of humor is in
the comedic irony it's also Larry David making the
Jerry image in the stories /scripts.
Now one could argue Jerry exists, but he's not the
King of comedy without Larry David nor is TV Jerry
an actual person. That could he argued.
Same with Kramer being based mostly on a friend
of Larry David, but once again the TV Kramer is
not special without Larry David.
HOWEVER here's where you guys mess up your
logic; suppose you have George based on former
comedic Tv and movie fictional Figures mixed with
the quirks and stories of a few real figures like
Gregory, GEOFFRY, AND Harry. These converged
figures can't have their real names like Kramer and
Jerry have, so they get a new name, new birthdate
as well.
They have 3 jobs so the character needs his own
new job or has all 3 jobs through the seasons as he
get's fired from each one. *L* Even George owes
his image to the writer Larry David for even though
George is written to he Italian, he shows the traits
of the Jewish writer.
So now is George real, did George Castanza exist
as a singular historical person?
If you said yes then go sit on santa clauses lap-
and here's your sign that says "I RIDE THE SHORT
BUS"

Yeahhh... I'm not gunna read unformatted bullshit... formatted bullshit is bad enough. :puke:
That was the dumbest excuse you can ever make, but also trashes your faith who couldn't properly format their stories and get them straight (50 thousand errors & contradictions in the NT).
Your human ego said that, otherwise you'd have to admit children who know Santa doesn't exist are smarter and more rational then you.

In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship,Bart Ehrman wrote, "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees".

[14]Richard A. Burridge states: "There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church's imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more".

[15]Robert M. Price does not believe that Jesus existed, but agrees that this perspective runs against the views of the majority of scholars.

[16]James D.G. Dunn calls the theories of Jesus' non-existence "a thoroughly dead thesis".

[17]Michael Grant (a classicist) wrote in 1977, "In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary".

[18]Robert E. Van Voorst states that biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of non-existence of Jesus as effectively refuted.

Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stop overloading us with Historical Facts, I mean, Historians making statements about something they can't prove!

f off them

Who's them?

Yes he did.
That's TNT Jesus.
TNT?
The New Testament.
I happen to agree with skye in as much as there are many aspects to who and what Jesus is, what he means to each individual and what he was when he walked the earth. My understanding of Jesus is pure love. That is what he means to me, that is what his examples on Earth were borne from. When I meditate it is a centering meditation based on the love from Jesus. I feel him in my soul, in my being, the very essence of who I am feels that love.

Forum List

Back