NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

Seriously, why would the NRA want the mentally ill to have gun rights?

nice spin, but once again you are lying. What they said was that someone who is determined to be cured of his/her mental condition could petition to have their gun rights restored.

Do you ever tell the truth about anything?

I think OCD is listed as a mental illness.

If so, why should a person with OCD not have the right to own a gun?

There is a condition that must be met--Is the person an actual danger to themselves or others if they had gun in their possession.

If the NRA want the mentally ill to have gun rights - then the NRA should be held liable when they misuse guns.

Sadly t'is true. NRA has not come out in favour of Democrat Party Membership - an obvious mental impairment - barring one from firearm ownership. An oversight that can easily be corrected, probably by unanimous vote in the new and improved 2017 Congress.

Screw the mental illness garbage. If someone has a mental illness that is so bad that they can't be trusted with a weapon, they shouldn't be walking among us because they are dangerous.

I vote we throw dangerous crazy people behind bars and leave them there. I also vote we stop bringing in unhinged criminals who have stated that they want to destroy America.

It's not rocket science.

And I vote that anybody who doesn't get it be considered mentally ill and a danger to themselves and others, and thrown in jail. Starting with asshats on the internet who post the sort of garbage we see on here every day from the anti-American morons like bode, coyote, ravtard, jillian...

To my utter amazement, I just learned from a U.S. Senator on MSNBC that if someone is on the terrorist watch list - that does not prevent them from legally buying a gun.

KeefeM20100508B.jpg

Terrorists can thank the NRA gun nuts for this.

After the massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007, Congress did manage to pass a modest measure that was designed to provide money to states to improve the federal background check system. But the N.R.A. secured a broad concession in the legislation, which pushed states to allow people with histories of mental illness to petition to have their gun rights restored.

More: Silent Since Shootings, N.R.A. Could Face Challenge to Political Power - The New York Times

As a condition of its support for the measure, the National Rifle Association extracted a concession: the inclusion of a mechanism for restoring firearms rights to those who lost them for mental health reasons.

More: Some With Histories of Mental Illness Petition to Get Their Gun Rights Back - The New York Times
The Washington redskin is talking out of his ass again...

To my utter amazement, I just learned from a U.S. Senator on MSNBC that if someone is on the terrorist watch list - that does not prevent them from legally buying a gun.

KeefeM20100508B.jpg

Terrorists can thank the NRA gun nuts for this.

Or from being watched.

Just stick them on a list. Kind of like that "no fly" list the government keeps. We all know how useful and accurate that list is.....and good news! You don't even need a conviction. Just get any ole quack to say you've had a mental issue and that's it. No courts, no bother.

Forum List

Back