NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

Seriously, why would the NRA want the mentally ill to have gun rights?

There is a difference between being mentally ill and having a history of mental illness.

There are mental illnesses that can be treated and even cured.

So if you have had mental problems in the past you should not be able to go to court and prove that you are not a danger or threat to society? So basically you want anyone who has had mental problems in the past to have to carry the stigma of being labeled a dangerous threat for the rest of their lives.

After the massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007, Congress did manage to pass a modest measure that was designed to provide money to states to improve the federal background check system. But the N.R.A. secured a broad concession in the legislation, which pushed states to allow people with histories of mental illness to petition to have their gun rights restored.

More: Silent Since Shootings, N.R.A. Could Face Challenge to Political Power - The New York Times

As a condition of its support for the measure, the National Rifle Association extracted a concession: the inclusion of a mechanism for restoring firearms rights to those who lost them for mental health reasons.

More: Some With Histories of Mental Illness Petition to Get Their Gun Rights Back - The New York Times

Enjoy your new gun Lakhota

Some people may have been diagnosed with depression or other illness, but it was only temporary. Why shouldn't they have the right to petition courts to get their 2nd amendment rights back? I am thinking one tactic of the left now is to label as many people as possible as having some mental illness just to ensure they can never legally own a firearm. Like all those children being diagnosed with ADHD.

Some people may have been diagnosed with depression or other illness, but it was only temporary. Why shouldn't they have the right to petition courts to get their 2nd amendment rights back? I am thinking one tactic of the left now is to label as many people as possible as having some mental illness just to ensure they can never legally own a firearm. Like all those children being diagnosed with ADHD.

As usual, you're totally missing the point. Read the links in the OP - especially the 2nd one.

I've read a couple different versions of this - they do allow open carry but not cowardly concealed carry. And, that only their security can carry. Hard to know. Its NRA so not trustworthy.

10450940_732511066795490_7533916172796172879_n.jpg

I find it odd that Lakhota supports the ACLU defending any lunatic left wing moron who thinks his rights have been violated but doesn't think the NRA should defend anyone who thinks THEIR rights have been violated.

Hypocrite much Lakhota

Forum List

Back