NRA's new poster child for 2nd Ammend. rights

So....you have an irrational fear of guns...and want to make policy for 90 million gun owners based on your irrational fear...got it.
People not l liking guns and not wanting to live in a Dodge City type of environment is not a fear, not irrational or otherwise. Calling a fear is like calling 'chicken.' You think if you shout chicken, like little kids in a schoolyard, you will get people to back down on their opinion. It's a childish way of trying to win a debate.

The real fact is that people who don't want guns are people who are NOT so full of fear that they think they need one. It's the people who feel they need to carry or have a gun for protection who, logically speacking, live in fear. You are too afraid to live without a firearm to protect you from an attack that, based on statistics, is very, very unlikely.

No.....having a fire extinguisher in your home is not fear........carrying a gun is not fear...it is being prepared.....

Wanting to ban 8,000,000 rifles which are never used in crime or mass shootings because only 1 or 2 are..........that is fear. And it is irrational to make policy on a Civil Right based on fear.......

Actually, Dodge city wasn't a violent place.....you watch too many westerns.
I don't watch any westerns: it's an expression--everyone knows that.
The Culture of Violence in the American West: Myth versus Reality - Thomas J. DiLorenzo

Notice from your link......the real problem with violence in the West.......out of control government...again, murdering innocent people...unarmed innocent people.......

The Real Cause of Violence in the American West

The real culture of violence in the American West of the latter half of the nineteenth century sprang from the U.S. government’s policies toward the Plains Indians. I

Just one more example of people using anecdotes instead of facts in their crappy analogies

-- hope the homeowner was a good shot as he defended his private property and life Wilbur .

Shoot first and hope and pray you did the right thing. Is that your philosophy of gun ownership?
---------------- an INTRUDER in your home at 3 in the morning and i hope that the homeowner was a good shot Wilbur . [one shot , one kill and ALL perfectly legal]

an INTRUDER in your home at 3 in the morning and i hope that the homeowner was a good shot Wilbur . [one shot , one kill and ALL perfectly legal]

One of your neighbors has a guest who goes out, drinks to much, gets the wrong house and tries to enter the wrong house. No crime intended. A mistake.

Rather that holding the guy at gun point and finding out WTF was happening, you advocate shooting the guy FIRST.

Do you really wonder why many millions of Americans think you gun nutters are fucked up people?

. [one shot , one kill and ALL perfectly legal]

You advocate killing people for a mistake eh? Because you can. People I know who have shot someone, they didn't like it. How about you? How many people have you shot or killed.

Why would a murderer be a poster child for the NRA? What does the NRA have to do with some woman killing her kids with guns? Would it be better had she drowned them like this woman?

Monster mom who drowned her two daughters appeals convinction

Or would it have been better had she stabbed them to death like this woman:

Mother allegedly stabs 3 sons to death; children found partially dismembered, police say

Or would it have been better had she ran over them with her car like this woman:

Police: Mother runs over 1-year-old in driveway

Or finally, would it have been better had she simply beat them to death like this woman:

Girl, 4, Beaten to Death By Mom and Boyfriend For Drinking Brother's Juice: Cops - Inside Edition

If a woman wants her kids dead, she doesn't need guns to do it. Only liberals are too stupid to realize a gun is nothing more than a tool. Do you say a hammer built a house, or do you say the carpenter did?

Another perfect example for why we need stricter gun control; had this woman not had guns, those two beautiful young women would still be alive. It's so sad. They are just considered collateral damage in the war to preserve a literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment at whatever cost
Or she could have just drowned the kids in a bath tub like Andrea Yates

If we didn't allow crazy people to have tubs her kids would be alive today too?

And as far as I can tell there is no right to have a tub

Here! A great way to murder your child. No guns involved.

NJ mom who set newborn on fire sentenced to 30 years

Texas Mom Who Killed 2 Daughters Had a 'History of Mental Illness,' Authorities Say

The woman, who shot and killed her daughters and who had a history of mental illness, was a Facebook anti-gun control activist:

"Christy was an active user on Facebook, and posted multiple times in recent months to express her enthusiasm for firearms – and her distaste for gun control.

"It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away, but that's exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns," she wrote in March, along with an anti-gun control video.

And in January she posted a meme showing a handgun which made fun of President Barack Obama's position on gun control. She captioned it "That's right! #merica.' "

Because women never killed their kids in any other way. You are an idiot.

Texas Mom Who Killed 2 Daughters Had a 'History of Mental Illness,' Authorities Say

The woman, who shot and killed her daughters and who had a history of mental illness, was a Facebook anti-gun control activist:

"Christy was an active user on Facebook, and posted multiple times in recent months to express her enthusiasm for firearms – and her distaste for gun control.

"It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away, but that's exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns," she wrote in March, along with an anti-gun control video.

And in January she posted a meme showing a handgun which made fun of President Barack Obama's position on gun control. She captioned it "That's right! #merica.' "

Soooo....357,000,000 guns in private hands.........

in 2014 there were 8,124 gun murders......

and each year guns are used to save lives and stop violent criminal attack 1,500,000 times a year......

Can you guys count those numbers and see which ones are bigger and what they mean?

She would have murdered those girls without the gun, Remember the woman who drowned her beautiful children in her car that she drove into a lake...because her boyfriend didn't want kids....she didn't use a gun...or the woman who drowned her children in a bathtub..........it isn't the death of the girls that is your issue, because had she killed them in the womb you would have supported and protected that action....you just hate guns.....

T

And some actual perspective on the murder of children.....

total gun murder of children.....193

murder of children by other means.....703

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Kids murdered by guns....

under 1: 12
age 1-4: 39

age 5-14: 142

Kids murdered by other means...

under 1: 270
age 1-4: 298
age 5-14: 135

Accidental death for kids by gun in 2013....69
Total accidental gun death for kids in 2014...48

These were NOT BABY CHILDREN OR TODDLERS....They were young adults, one 22 and one 17

Sheesh, what silly, ridiculous responses from all of you...they could not be simultaneously drowned or run over or beaten to death or set on fire... shakes head :rolleyes:

Guess you all are just giving knee jerk responses WITHOUT even reading the article and KNOWING THE FACTS of these murders including who was murdered....

You advocate killing people for a mistake eh? Because you can. People I know who have shot someone, they didn't like it. How about you? How many people have you shot or killed.
--------------------------------------- intruding into a private home at 3 in the morning is the last purposeful or mistaken intrusion of a private home that most intruders will ever make Wilbur .

Online bravado. He'd probably wet his pants if he got in a situation of having to shoot someone in self defense.
I'll bet he has no idea at all what it's like, being in a situation where a gun might be needed. ~A little fluffy pantywaist boy wettig his pants.

--------------------------------------- intruding into a private home at 3 in the morning is the last purposeful or mistaken intrusion of a private home that most intruders will ever make Wilbur .
:blahblah:All talk. Fake tough guy. I'll bet you worship John Wayne. :laugh:

legally a person has the RIGHT to defend his home and his life from intruders Esmeralda .

Why would a murderer be a poster child for the NRA? What does the NRA have to do with some woman killing her kids with guns? Would it be better had she drowned them like this woman?

Monster mom who drowned her two daughters appeals convinction

Or would it have been better had she stabbed them to death like this woman:

Mother allegedly stabs 3 sons to death; children found partially dismembered, police say

Or would it have been better had she ran over them with her car like this woman:

Police: Mother runs over 1-year-old in driveway

Or finally, would it have been better had she simply beat them to death like this woman:

Girl, 4, Beaten to Death By Mom and Boyfriend For Drinking Brother's Juice: Cops - Inside Edition

If a woman wants her kids dead, she doesn't need guns to do it. Only liberals are too stupid to realize a gun is nothing more than a tool. Do you say a hammer built a house, or do you say the carpenter did?

Another perfect example for why we need stricter gun control; had this woman not had guns, those two beautiful young women would still be alive. It's so sad. They are just considered collateral damage in the war to preserve a literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment at whatever cost
Or she could have just drowned the kids in a bath tub like Andrea Yates

If we didn't allow crazy people to have tubs her kids would be alive today too?

And as far as I can tell there is no right to have a tub

Here! A great way to murder your child. No guns involved.

NJ mom who set newborn on fire sentenced to 30 years

Because women never killed their kids in any other way. You are an idiot.

Soooo....357,000,000 guns in private hands.........

in 2014 there were 8,124 gun murders......

and each year guns are used to save lives and stop violent criminal attack 1,500,000 times a year......

Can you guys count those numbers and see which ones are bigger and what they mean?

She would have murdered those girls without the gun, Remember the woman who drowned her beautiful children in her car that she drove into a lake...because her boyfriend didn't want kids....she didn't use a gun...or the woman who drowned her children in a bathtub..........it isn't the death of the girls that is your issue, because had she killed them in the womb you would have supported and protected that action....you just hate guns.....

T

And some actual perspective on the murder of children.....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Kids murdered by guns....

under 1: 12
age 1-4: 39

age 5-14: 142

Kids murdered by other means...

under 1: 270
age 1-4: 298
age 5-14: 135

Accidental death for kids by gun in 2013....69
Total accidental gun death for kids in 2014...48

These were NOT BABY CHILDREN OR TODDLERS....They were young adults, one 22 and one 17

Sheesh, what silly, ridiculous responses from all of you...they could not be simultaneously drowned or run over or beaten to death or set on fire... shakes head :rolleyes:

Guess you all are just giving knee jerk responses WITHOUT even reading the article and KNOWING THE FACTS of these murders including who was murdered....
Poor you. You think the only tool of murder is a gun. You are a sheltered well fed lib!

legally a person has the RIGHT to defend his home and his life from intruders Esmeralda .

Morally a.person has the obligation to determine if in fact the person you are about to shoot actually represents a threat.

Just cause you can does not mean you should.

How many people have you shot? Simple question.

In this case the intruder will live. The home owner missed center mass and shot him in the shoulder.

Is the homeowner glad he didn't kill the guy? Probably.
Is the intruder sorry be got the wrong house and is glad to be alive? Most definitely.

Was this a DGU or not?

Morally a.person has the obligation to determine if in fact the person you are about to shoot actually represents a threat.

-------------------------------- silly reasoning , an intruder in a private home at 3 in the morning is fair game to be shot dead LEGALLY . Course , the homeowner can question the intruder , make him a cupa tea or do whatever he / she likes . By the way , are you a 'brit' or other fureigner invading 'USMB' with your silly reasoning Wilbur ??

-------------------------------- silly reasoning , an intruder in a private home at 3 in the morning is fair game to be shot dead LEGALLY . Course , the homeowner can question the intruder , make him a cupa tea or do whatever he / she likes . By the way , are you a 'brit' or other fureigner invading 'USMB' with your silly reasoning Wilbur ??
:rolleyes:

As soon as someone uses a firearm to commit murder of innocent people they are breaking the law. They no longer follow the Constitution. Gun rights activist are no more responsible for this women's actions than a Liberal is for Muslim terrorist attacks.

And be sure to thank your republican congressman for blocking the democrats from closing the loophole that would have made it illegal for a private individual to sell John Hinkley a firearm. Also, there is a guy on my block who has had 3 DWI's, and his license has been revoked, and is known for his temper and abusive behavior, but since he has not been convicted of a felony, he can decide to order a firearm by passing a background check, and the next time his wife gets out of line, he just might teach her a lesson.
In other news millions of other law abiding gun owning citizens go about their daily lives.

..and not one of these law abiding citizens would have lost anything if it were illegal for a private individual from selling a firearm to a felon or mentally unstable person....
A private citizen would be held responsible for selling a gun to a felon so your premise is BS.

False. You can pull up Craig's list in your home town and buy whatever you want, no questions asked, because no background check is required by law unless you are a licensed firearms dealer. The democrats tried to plug that loophole but the republicans blocked it.

And again...so. The felon knows they are breaking the law.....when they are caught with the weapon they can already be arrested, when they use the gun to commit a crime they can be arrested. The seller is selling a legal, privately owned piece of property.......should we conduct background checks when we sell used cars because convicted drug smugglers might use them to run drugs?

There is no loophole. Private sellers do not have to run background checks...by law....so that is not a loophole...that you continue to use Loophole to describe it makes you a liar......

You guys really, really want to stick it to the widow giving her husband's gun to their son.......who doesn't understand about background checks....you want to destroy that woman......

If you want to keep felons away from private sellers at gun shows...use police resources just like any other crime...send in under cover cops to sell and buy guns......have them tell the sellers and buyers that they are actually not allowed to buy or sell because they are criminals......then you can scoop up whoever you want....that is how you do it in a free society...you actually arrest real criminals....you don't create laws just to make new criminals out of law abiding people selling their legal property......

And be sure to thank your republican congressman for blocking the democrats from closing the loophole that would have made it illegal for a private individual to sell John Hinkley a firearm. Also, there is a guy on my block who has had 3 DWI's, and his license has been revoked, and is known for his temper and abusive behavior, but since he has not been convicted of a felony, he can decide to order a firearm by passing a background check, and the next time his wife gets out of line, he just might teach her a lesson.
In other news millions of other law abiding gun owning citizens go about their daily lives.

..and not one of these law abiding citizens would have lost anything if it were illegal for a private individual from selling a firearm to a felon or mentally unstable person....
A private citizen would be held responsible for selling a gun to a felon so your premise is BS.

False. You can pull up Craig's list in your home town and buy whatever you want, no questions asked, because no background check is required by law unless you are a licensed firearms dealer.
And what do you think will happen to the person who's name that weapon is regestered to when the [erson they sold it to commits a crime ?

What happens is what already happens.....when the ATF and the other feds see someone selling guns as a private seller for profit....and they are snitched out by the criminal they arrest, then they will use a sting to arrest that seller.....and they can already do that....I have posted the stories here on U.S. message..

but it isn't about stopping the criminals...it is about making criminals out of law abiding citizens through bureaucratic paperwork mazes........they want to punish law abiding gun owners for owning guns, and they want the opportunity to take their legally owned guns...which they can't do because the law abiding gun owner doesn't commit crimes...so they have to create a crime, to put the law abiding gun owner in jeapordy, so they can catch him the minute he makes a paperwork mistake......then they can destroy his life.

As soon as someone uses a firearm to commit murder of innocent people they are breaking the law. They no longer follow the Constitution. Gun rights activist are no more responsible for this women's actions than a Liberal is for Muslim terrorist attacks.

Thunder, don't give up your day job to become an attorney. If I want to sell my 9 MM, and I am not a licensed dealer, I am not obligated by law to even ask what your name is. You show up, hand me $250 and leave with the weapon. I don't know whether you are John Hinkley, or Mother Teresa, and I am not liable for what you do with it.

and that is the way it should be........ a gun is another tool.....and if you sell your own gun who cares......if the person buying that gun uses it to commit a crime we arrest the person who actually broke the law......the actual criminal.

Apparently she didn't use an AR-15 or any type of assault rifle so the left should at least be happy about that.
No one is happy about this, the murder of two young women, in any since. The woman had mental problems and yet was able to get a gun. You all have been saying that the problem isn't guns, it's mental issues. So why not get on board and call for stronger background checks so that people with mental problems do not have access to guns?

Because as we have seen...if someone wants a gun and can't pass a background check they will steal the gun or use a straw buyer.....and we don't trust anti-gun activists....it is as simple as that.

Any attempt to include mental health checks will be seen as carte blanche to include any interaction with a healthcare professional as a reason to bar gun ownership...we are already seeing it with Vets, and with Senior Citizens.....so we don't trust that it will be done truthfully......

Until then we will keep the system we have....and really......out of all the mentally ill people in this country.....the few dangerously mentally ill out of that group out of 320,000,000 people are not an issue.........but using it to deny normal people access to guns simply shows how untrustworthy the anti-gun activists are............

If you are teenager who sees a social worker in High school...bam....no gun for you.....

If you are a Vet, and go to the V.A. to talk to a counselor...bam....no gun for you.....

There is so much wiggle room for anti-gun activists to start denying rights.......before anyone signs onto mental health checks we had better have the system locked down.....

Forum List

Back