NY Senator Hillary Clinton voted for war with Iraq, so is she guilty of warcrimes

He thought it the right call, we won, she gave the green light. so if you think it was the wrong decision then you should take it up with her.
Why wouldn't I take up the decision to go to war with the person who made it?
Again Mac you do not understand the Constitution. In time of peace the decision to go to war can not be made by any single person, this is a joint decision which must first be made by the President, then sent to the electorate for approval. Thus the final (sending into battle) decision for war is not made by the President, but by the electorate.

Seriously, your ignorance of the Constitution does not change it in any way, however your continued ignorance does make you seem somewhat delusional.
What?

Please describe this process, I must have missed it in 2003: In time of peace the decision to go to war can not be made by any single person, this is a joint decision which must first be made by the President, then sent to the electorate for approval.

When did this happen?

Are you serious?

sheesh, again you are not arguing with me, as this is what the Constitution says. So if you want to understand further, try reading the Constitution and not what other fools like yourself babble on the internet.

Yawn
Please tell me how this process played out in 2003.

Specifically.

You posted it, you've said I'm delusional, back up your words.

The President does not have the right to send troops into battle in peacetime, thus the President must state his intentions that war is needed, then ask for approval from the electorate including Hillary Clinton, which she gave. So since Bush had already prepped the military for war, but could not go to war without hillaries YES vote, it was the YES vote by the electorate that sent troops into battle.

Delusional

adjective
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

the definition of delusional

Why wouldn't I take up the decision to go to war with the person who made it?
Again Mac you do not understand the Constitution. In time of peace the decision to go to war can not be made by any single person, this is a joint decision which must first be made by the President, then sent to the electorate for approval. Thus the final (sending into battle) decision for war is not made by the President, but by the electorate.

Seriously, your ignorance of the Constitution does not change it in any way, however your continued ignorance does make you seem somewhat delusional.
What?

Please describe this process, I must have missed it in 2003: In time of peace the decision to go to war can not be made by any single person, this is a joint decision which must first be made by the President, then sent to the electorate for approval.

When did this happen?

Are you serious?

sheesh, again you are not arguing with me, as this is what the Constitution says. So if you want to understand further, try reading the Constitution and not what other fools like yourself babble on the internet.

Yawn

Specifically.

The President does not have the right to send troops into battle in peacetime, thus the President must state his intentions that war is needed, then ask for approval from the electorate including Hillary Clinton, which she gave. So since Bush had already prepped the military for war, but could not go to war without hillaries YES vote, it was the YES vote by the electorate that sent troops into battle.

Delusional

adjective
Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

Last time: You're on the internet right now. Please show me how Bush went to the electorate to get approval before he could send us to war.

And you're telling me I don't know the Constitution.

This is the freakin' Twilight Zone.

Show me how Bush went to the electorate to get approval before he could send us to war.

What?

When did this happen?

Are you serious?

Yawn

Specifically.

Delusional

adjective

Last time: You're on the internet right now. Please show me how Bush went to the electorate to get approval before he could send us to war.

And you're telling me I don't know the Constitution.

This is the freakin' Twilight Zone.

Show me how Bush went to the electorate to get approval before he could send us to war.
Google will give you 516,000 Google

Are you trying to be silly? because if u r, then u belong on Saturday Night Live, cuz u iz hysterical.

In time of peace the decision to go to war can not be made by any single person, this is a joint decision which must first be made by the President, then sent to the electorate for approval. Thus the final (sending into battle) decision for war is not made by the President, but by the electorate.

Ok. How did you get so fucking stupid?
I know; practice, practice, practice.

Okay, anyone else want to show me how Bush had to go to the electorate to get approval before he could send us to war?

This guy won't do it.

Anyone?
I have already answered this to realities satisfaction, but you continue to deny reality. Here is another answer to your question. Executive Power

Are you trying to be silly? because if u r, then u belong on Saturday Night Live, cuz u iz hysterical.

In time of peace the decision to go to war can not be made by any single person, this is a joint decision which must first be made by the President, then sent to the electorate for approval. Thus the final (sending into battle) decision for war is not made by the President, but by the electorate.

Ok. How did you get so fucking stupid?
I know; practice, practice, practice.
Nice language, do you typically speak like that, or are you frustrated by something?

Congress (including 35% of democrats) voted to allow the president to use the Military to enforce U.N. sanctions against Saddam Hussein. How does that translate to war crimes?

Regardless of congressional votes, regardless of UN votes, regardless of NATO votes, regardless of anything else, this country has one (1) Commander in Chief at a time, and that one (1) Commander in Chief has the final say about going to war. It is his or her decision.

He or she says "go", we go. He or she says "don't go", we don't go.

Regardless of anything else.
However the President can only do this in time of National emergency (attack) which did not exist at the time. Thus the President must get approval, which he did and Hillary Clinton was a war approver. Get over it, Hillary is a warmonger, in fact she seems to want war with Putin now as this would take some of the heat off of her racketeering crimes.
Is that the war that the Congress dumped back on Bush saying if the president believes it necessary. Sounds like it ended up Bush's decision as intended.
Hillary wanted war with Iraq, thus she voted for it.

I've seen some crazy shit here, but yikes.
So now you are claiming that the law and the Constitution are crazy? Executive Power
Come on, be a nice guy and help me out here.

On what day did President George W Bush go to the electorate to get its approval before he could send us to war?

I just can't seem to find it!
Again,

War Powers
Congress holds the power to declare war. As a result, the president cannot declare war without their approval. However, as the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, many presidents have sent troops to battle without an official war declaration (ex. Vietnam, Korea). The 1973 War Powers Act attempted to define when and how the president could send troops to battle by adding strict time frames for reporting to Congress after sending troops to war, in addition to other measures.

The evidence is clear. On Oct. 10, 2002, during the Senate debate on a resolution to authorize the use of force in Iraq, Hillary Clinton rose to express her highly qualified support. First, though, she criticized the idea of attacking Saddam then and there, either alone or “with any allies we can muster.” Such a course, she said, “is fraught with danger,” in part because “it would set a precedent that could come back to haunt us,” legitimizing invasions that Russia might launch against Georgia, India against Pakistan, or China against Taiwan.

“So,” she continued, “the question is, how do we do our best to both diffuse the threat Saddam Hussein poses to his people, the region, including Israel, and the United States—and, at the same time, work to maximize our international support and strengthen the United Nations.”

La di da da da man u r fun

So now you are claiming that the law and the Constitution are crazy? Executive Power

On what day did President George W Bush go to the electorate to get its approval before he could send us to war?

Again,

War Powers
Congress holds the power to declare war. As a result, the president cannot declare war without their approval. However, as the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, many presidents have sent troops to battle without an official war declaration (ex. Vietnam, Korea). The 1973 War Powers Act attempted to define when and how the president could send troops to battle by adding strict time frames for reporting to Congress after sending troops to war, in addition to other measures.

The evidence is clear. On Oct. 10, 2002, during the Senate debate on a resolution to authorize the use of force in Iraq, Hillary Clinton rose to express her highly qualified support. First, though, she criticized the idea of attacking Saddam then and there, either alone or “with any allies we can muster.” Such a course, she said, “is fraught with danger,” in part because “it would set a precedent that could come back to haunt us,” legitimizing invasions that Russia might launch against Georgia, India against Pakistan, or China against Taiwan.

“So,” she continued, “the question is, how do we do our best to both diffuse the threat Saddam Hussein poses to his people, the region, including Israel, and the United States—and, at the same time, work to maximize our international support and strengthen the United Nations.”

So, in fact, Bush did not have to go to the electorate, as you twice claimed. Thanks.

Evidently you don't understand the difference between Congress and the electorate. That's okay.

Hillary Clinton did not have the final say as to whether we went to war. That responsibility was with George W Bush. He could have chosen not to go to war, even after he had approval from Congress, whether Clinton voted for or against it.

Those are facts. Regardless of how hard you try to avoid admitting it, for purely and transparently partisan reasons.

Again,

War Powers

So, in fact, Bush did not have to go to the electorate, as you twice claimed. Thanks.

Evidently you don't understand the difference between Congress and the electorate. That's okay.

Hillary Clinton did not have the final say as to whether we went to war. That responsibility was with George W Bush. He could have chosen not to go to war, even after he had approval from Congress, whether Clinton voted for or against it.

Those are facts. Regardless of how hard you try to avoid admitting it, for purely and transparently partisan reasons.
Bush did not have the power to declare war, only the electorate has that power in time of peace.

So the fact is that Hillary Clinton gave the go ahead for the Iraq war. There is no argument here, it's history. What is your goal in arguing with history?

Other than humiliating yourself repeatedly that is.

Would any other conservative like to jump in and confirm what Bassman is saying here?
Dude you are trying to argue that Hillary Clinton did not vote for the Iraq war, when history records that she did, it's that simple.

This would be a good read for people who believe that Hillary Clinton did not vote for the Iraq war. Delusional Disorder | Psychology Today
Hey, you've made your point.

Just looking for confirmation from other Constitutional experts, that's all.

And I never said that she didn't vote for it, thanks for the straw man.

Would any other conservative like to jump in and confirm what Bassman is saying here?
Dude you are trying to argue that Hillary Clinton did not vote for the Iraq war, when history records that she did, it's that simple.

This would be a good read for people who believe that Hillary Clinton did not vote for the Iraq war. Delusional Disorder | Psychology Today
Hey, you've made your point.

Just looking for confirmation from other Constitutional experts, that's all.

And I never said that she didn't vote for it, thanks for the straw man.
There is another fault in your reasoning, which is believing that Constitutional experts are just waiting here to spread their constitutional expertise. Well there are none, at least not here now, just us voters wasting away the morning.

Forum List

Back