Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

September 2011
Is this an example of evolution? What changed to make him be able to unilaterally change this law?

When O was asked about this last year, he claimed his hands were tied. Amazing what sorts of “evolution” can happen with Election Day bearing down:

THE PRESIDENT: I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. We are doing everything we can administratively. But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there’s been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It’s just not true…

[W]e live in a democracy. You have to pass bills through the legislature, and then I can sign it. And if all the attention is focused away from the legislative process, then that is going to lead to a constant dead-end. We have to recognize how the system works, and then apply pressure to those places where votes can be gotten and, ultimately, we can get this thing solved. And nobody will be a stronger advocate for making that happen than me.

Obama on new DREAM Act policy: This isn’t amnesty, it’s the right thing to do « Hot Air

Last edited:
Why aren't you righties opposed to saving money? It costs the taxpayers $12,500 to deport a single illegal - and then they just come right back! With the economy down, shouldn't we be looking at programs which promote fiscal restraint? Or is your only motivation in anything your hatred for Obama?
Another stupid statement. Illegals cost this country more than that. Stupid argument.

How much more?

Who gives a shit OohPooPoahDoo??? Do you know how much money is spent tracking down, arresting, and then prosecuting RAPISTS in this nation? By your logic, we should just allow rapes to happen to save money. Good grief, what a stupid fucking thing to say. The $5 trillion in deficit spending Obama did to but friends would have been 10x's more than would be needed to permanently solve illegal immigration.

Look Ooh was telling me a Russo-Japanese peace treaty(1905) was the reason Japan was going to surrender in World War 2 (1945)

Yeah they were so ready to surrender we had to nuke them twice, The guy is nothing short a an idiot.

I gotta admit, it's like Obama is trying to lose re-election. Romney is a ****, so don't get me wrong I really don't have a side here, but Obama is acting like Bush in that he just keeps doing the wrong thing one time after another, it's somewhat amazing to watch.

I gotta admit, it's like Obama is trying to lose re-election. Romney is a ****, so don't get me wrong I really don't have a side here, but Obama is acting like Bush in that he just keeps doing the wrong thing one time after another, it's somewhat amazing to watch.

I dont get you wrong, you enjoy poking both sides while pretending you're somehow above the fray.

I If people don't think this will backfire on Obama in a major way just remember Bush and McCain, it literally destroyed them... If that does not show you how fucking stupid it is to disregard the constitution AND go against the will of the people, just look at the size of this fucking thread in just a few hours.

I dont get you wrong, you enjoy poking both sides while pretending you're somehow above the fray.

I don't enjoy the fact that both sides are progressive liberals dood. And fact is, I'm above the fray because I don't vote for a lesser of 2 evils, making me part of the problem.

I mean let’s take a second and re-cap. Bush tried to pass flat out amnesty. McCain tried to pass outright amnesty. You can look it up, it’s all out there.

Both sides ignore the constitution on a lot of issues. This is what happens when you support dumb ass laws like the NDAA, as you have... You can't go running back to the constitution demanding it get followed.

'The policy change, described to The Associated Press by two senior administration officials, will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation. It also bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the so-called DREAM Act'

Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young | The Daily Caller

I am beginning to hate this would-be asshole tinhat dictator.

will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants

Obama administration won't seek deportation of young illegal immigrants - NBC Politics

"They were brought to this country by their parents, sometimes even as infants, and oftentimes had no idea they were undocumented until they applied for a job," the president said. "They are Americans in their hearts, in their minds ... in every single way but one: on paper."

The memo said the government would not pursue immigrants who met five criteria. Individuals must:

Have come to the United States under the age of 16,
Be no older than 30,
Be currently enrolled in school, have graduated high school or served in the military,
Have been in the country for five continuous years, and
Have a clean criminal record.

for only 800,000 out of 23 million illegal aliens - a simple Humanitarian Gesture and Leadership against a backdrop of Acrimony and Cynicism.

'The policy change, described to The Associated Press by two senior administration officials, will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation. It also bypasses Congress and partially achieves the goals of the so-called DREAM Act'

will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants

Obama administration won't seek deportation of young illegal immigrants - NBC Politics

"They were brought to this country by their parents, sometimes even as infants, and oftentimes had no idea they were undocumented until they applied for a job," the president said. "They are Americans in their hearts, in their minds ... in every single way but one: on paper."

The memo said the government would not pursue immigrants who met five criteria. Individuals must:

Have come to the United States under the age of 16,
Be no older than 30,
Be currently enrolled in school, have graduated high school or served in the military,
Have been in the country for five continuous years, and
Have a clean criminal record.

for only 800,000 out of 23 million illegal aliens - a simple Humanitarian Gesture and Leadership against a backdrop of Acrimony and Cynicism.

Spin and nothing more. No one but a few Latinos and Obamas staunchest supporters are going to believe that line of BULLSHIT.

September 2011
Is this an example of evolution? What changed to make him be able to unilaterally change this law?

When O was asked about this last year, he claimed his hands were tied. Amazing what sorts of “evolution” can happen with Election Day bearing down:

THE PRESIDENT: I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. We are doing everything we can administratively. But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there’s been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It’s just not true…

[W]e live in a democracy. You have to pass bills through the legislature, and then I can sign it. And if all the attention is focused away from the legislative process, then that is going to lead to a constant dead-end. We have to recognize how the system works, and then apply pressure to those places where votes can be gotten and, ultimately, we can get this thing solved. And nobody will be a stronger advocate for making that happen than me.

Obama on new DREAM Act policy: This isn’t amnesty, it’s the right thing to do « Hot Air

Amazing how evolved political expediency can make our president- More amazing however, is how his followers are in denial of how timely his "evolution" plays to specific voting blocks - ALL OF A SUDDEN~

The incumbent usually has the political advantage when running for reelection. Obama will be like Felix the Cat with his Magic Bag of Tricks heading into the election.

felix.gif

Go Obama!

The incumbent usually has the political advantage when running for reelection. Obama will be like Felix the Cat with his Magic Bag of Tricks heading into the election.

felix.gif

Go Obama!

you illustrated the problems with this country very clearly. why is it justifiable for the people entering into this great country all of sudden shoved to the front of the line...must be for votes to bullstien the story that the cow jumps over the moon and further bankrupt us to the land of never paying our debt while at the same time while we our barred into our own debt of personal self importance of entertainment. Dollar weakens for every dependent individual.

Prosecutorial discretion is not ‘bypassing Congress.’

The partisan right is clearly attempting to contrive a ‘controversy’ where none exists, in complete contradiction of the facts:

[Prosecutorial discretion] is NOT a blanket legalization program or a policy designed to give large groups of people temporary relief. No one will get a permanent legal status, nor is there a program to sign up for. Contrary to recent attention-grabbing headlines, DHS’s announcement is about targeting its limited enforcement resources on high priority immigration cases by removing low priority cases from the system. As AILA’s advisory clarifies, “the announcement applies ONLY to cases already in the system, ensuring that low priority cases do not continue to clog up an already overburdened immigration court system.”

Immigration Lawyers Clarify What DHS

Indeed, it’s incumbent upon DHS to use its limited resources in the most efficient manner possible, to do otherwise would be a violation of the public trust.

The policy is a deferment only, until the more serious cases are addressed first. There is no ‘amnesty.’

The policy comports with Constitutional case law, in that one is not subject to punitive measures as a consequent of his parent’s misdeeds:

“The undocumented status of these children vel non does not establish a sufficient rational basis for denying them benefits that the State affords other residents, It is…difficult to conceive of a rational justification for penalizing these children for their presence within the United States.” Plyler v. Doe (1982).

The majority of the individuals in question came to the United States legally as children, and lost their legal status subsequently through no fault of their own. The administration’s policy is both appropriate and wise, as it focuses resources on the most dangerous and violent criminals for removal or incarceration.

If you weren't taking it up the ass in New Joisey turnpike rest rooms then you wouldn't have your medical problems that forced you to put a square peg in a round hole for a living.

Why is it that homophobic haters like you always spend so much time fantasizing about gay sex?

It's a rhetorical question.... I don't expect you to have an intelligent answer.

I would laugh my ass off if joe the union tool woke up to a gun in his face from a Mexican in his bedroom at 3am.

I hope idiots that support the illegal invasion become a victim of a crime by an illegal......nothing like reality waking you up.

Reality biting them in the proverbial ASS won't wake them up...they'll FIND a way to blame Repubs/Conservatives and treat the perp as a VICTIM.

MARK MY WORDS.

I used to find a Mexican in my bedroom every night, but then I broke up with her.

Incidently, most Mexican Americans I've known are awesome, nice, hard-working people.

but let's talk about who is really responsible for the "illegal" problem. We could end the illegal problem very easily.

Chasing down illegals is pointless because if they don't sneak back in, someone else will.

Instead, go after the reason why they come here to start with.

The reason they come here is because the Plutocrats you worship don't want to pay an American a fair wage. So they want a workforce that is relatively powerless.

You could end the illegal problem by switching the enforcement strictly against the employers.

First offense- $10,000 fine, and they put you on a watch list.

Second offense, $100,000 fine, and you have to put a sign in your place of business telling all your customers and vendors what you did.

Third Offense- Complete confiscation of all assets.

No "his papers looked okay." If he's on your worksite and he or she is illegal, you're toast.

But of course, that's not what it's about. It's about keeping angry white males like you angry so you don't notice they've taken away your middle class lifestyle.

I hope idiots that support the illegal invasion become a victim of a crime by an illegal......nothing like reality waking you up.

Quite right. Nothing does.

I used to be conservative until my last boss let me go from my nice job because I ran up too many medical bills.

Now I know better.

Now I know the illegal bullshit and the aboriton bullshit and the gay bullshit and the gun bullshit is just a way of keeping stupid people like you angry while the Plutocrats rip us off.
Oh, so that's how you're going to try and 'splain away your virulent religious bigotry against LDS in general and Romney in particular.

I was wondering.

Oh, no. That's a totally seperate issue.

I realized there wasn't a God when I was about 11.

And frankly, whacky cults started by con men who want to have sex with children kind of disgust me.

The difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh?

Original and Extra-Crispy.

Quite right. Nothing does.

I used to be conservative until my last boss let me go from my nice job because I ran up too many medical bills.

Now I know better.

Now I know the illegal bullshit and the aboriton bullshit and the gay bullshit and the gun bullshit is just a way of keeping stupid people like you angry while the Plutocrats rip us off.

LOL, seriously? You mean that? hehe too funny!

Yeah, guy, I really do mean that.

Because honestly, whether or not we keep moving jobs to Asia is a lot more important to my life compared to whether some chick has an abortion or not.

Don't forget folks, Obama is a UNITER

they've had the war on women, war on homosexuals, now it the war on illegal 30 year old childreeeeeeeeeeeen
------------------------
SNIP:

L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Young illegal immigrants block freeway ramps, cheer Obama

June 15, 2012 | 9:41am

More than 100 jubilant college students and graduates -- some of them undocumented -- rallied in downtown Los Angeles on Friday in support of President Obama’s decision to halt deportations of young illegal immigrants.

At the L.A. Civic Center, the demonstrators chanted, “We are the Dreamers, the mighty, mighty dreamers” and moved off the sidewalk and sat in a long train blocking Aliso Street, from Los Angeles Street to Alameda Street. They were also blocking entrance ramps to the 101 Freeway.

Celebratory chants and speeches could be heard outside the federal building at Los Angeles and Aliso streets after the Obama administration announced the policy that will affect young undocumented immigrants who arrived in the U.S. before they turned 16.

all of it here
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/demonstrators-support-obamas-halt-to-deportations.html

Last edited:

It's amazing obama acts like a dictator and the left says nothing.

Forum List

Back