Obama: Jesus would support tax-the-rich policy

ahh.. but may we have abit of balance:

James 5
1Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

6Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

7Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

It appears that we have had more of the latter then the former.

ahh.. but may we have abit of balance:

James 5
1Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

6Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

7Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

It appears that we have had more of the latter then the former.
slothful means lazy
(Mat 25:26 KJV) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

Since some people like to quote Jesus for their own purposes. Not once did Jesus say anything about providing for lazy people. Lazy people would be those who do not work. He did however say to take care of the poor sick and elderly. Any of those three does not mean a person is lazy.

I love it when partisans try claiming Jesus. The fact is:

Government = Force

Jesus =/= Force

It's pretty unfortunate when the leader of the free world starts invoking Christ to justify coercive government. There's a fine line between behavior resembling Christ & Antichrist.

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Since some people like to quote Jesus for their own purposes. Not once did Jesus say anything about providing for lazy people. Lazy people would be those who do not work. He did however say to take care of the poor sick and elderly. Any of those three does not mean a person is lazy.

I agree. Any more questions. He also suggested that those of means and others live for justice mercy love and fairness. We are our brothers keeper. We are mandated to watch out for one another. We are commanded to "love our neighbor as ourselves". Can we do that when we try every means possible to escape taxation, to hold on with a tight fist every dollar as if we imagined that we somehow solely earned it ourselves?

Hegh, out next breath is not guaranteed. Who the hell do any of us think we are?

I agree. Any more questions. He also suggested that those of means and others live for justice mercy love and fairness. We are our brothers keeper. We are mandated to watch out for one another. We are commanded to "love our neighbor as ourselves". Can we do that when we try every means possible to escape taxation, to hold on with a tight fist every dollar as if we imagined that we somehow solely earned it ourselves?

Hegh, out next breath is not guaranteed. Who the hell do any of us think we are?

We are our brothers keeper

So you are a murderer?

So you are a murderer?

You were a debator. Now you are just cheap.

So you are a murderer?

You were a debator. Now you are just cheap.

The only person that used Am I my brothers keeper from the bible was Cain who killed his brother.

7.1 John 3:12 (Whole Chapter)
Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Yes, he was his brother's keeper and should have shown love and loyalty to him.

That was the whole point. The whole point of Jesus was love. The whole point of Jesus's message and sacrifice was love. To sacrifice oneself for the greater good of all.

Ya think some billionaire arguing that capital gains tax is in some perverted way double taxation is being your brother's keeper or is it just being Cain like?

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

And???????? What has that to do with you take a quote from the bible out of context using it for something else?

King James Bible Genesis 4:09- 11
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

And???????? What has that to do with you take a quote from the bible out of context using it for something else?

King James Bible Genesis 4:09- 11
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

You just reinforce my point.

Yes, he was his brother's keeper and should have shown love and loyalty to him.

That was the whole point. The whole point of Jesus was love. The whole point of Jesus's message and sacrifice was love. To sacrifice oneself for the greater good of all.

Ya think some billionaire arguing that capital gains tax is in some perverted way double taxation is being your brother's keeper or is it just being Cain like?

That's your interpretation that's not biblical Jesus never said you are your brothers keeper it was a murder who asked was he his brothers keeper.

Forum List

Back