Obama Says: "Whether We Like it Or Not, We Remain a Dominant Military Superpower"

The fact that you felt the need to call him out as a liar for it means you are making a big deal of it.

I can understand mistaking when exactly you signed up for the selective service but not when you graduated from high school.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and you are hollering liar.
Firstly, I'm not hollering. Secondly, I have offered up the benefit of the doubt. If I do give that, it is bizarre that he is 'mistaken' about those events in his life.

What he said, though, is not true. That makes it a lie or his being mistaken about important events in his personal life. Either of those possibilities is not very flattering in my book. But, he IS Obama and how DARE anyone point something like that out. I understand, so it's cool. :thup:

Yeah, yeah, the wicked important event of signing up for the selective service. Nobody EVER forgets the circumstances surrounding that.

And, Si, I'm on record calling the man a liar so this nonsense about "how DARE anyone point out blah, blah, blah..." falls a bit flat with me. The thing is I can tell the difference between a real lie and someone having a fuzzy recall of shit that happened 30 years ago.

OK. I'll take your word for it that you are not a pure apologist for him.

Now, although I don't usually give too many hints about my age, suffice it to say that Obama and I have a lot in common in that area. ;) Big toasts at graduation parties from the guys included the fact that they did not have to sign up. And, it was HUGE news to the guys in college when they had to start. We spent our childhood watching draftees and others getting killed in Viet Nam. Just my personal experience from the time. Take it for what it is - an anecdote.

Last edited:
And who could forget the exact circumstances surrounding the first time they took their car in for inspection?!
If that is a life milestone for you, good for you...I guess. :cuckoo:

The point is that when you go back 30 freakin' years shit blends.

Nah. Bullshit. I'm Barry's age and I haven't forgotten *to the day* when I graduated high school.

I graduated from HS June 5, 1981. It was a banner fucking day for me. Getting my diploma was pretty damned important to me. I'll always remember that day.

The DATE won't escape me, nevermind the year.

:rolleyes:

Nah. Bullshit. I'm Barry's age and I haven't forgotten *to the day* when I graduated high school.

I graduated from HS June 5, 1981. It was a banner fucking day for me. Getting my diploma was pretty damned important to me. I'll always remember that day.

Christ, you are dumb.

For the dense, Art is NOT arguing that Barry forgets when he graduated. Art is arguing that his signing up for selective service and the time he did that escapes him.

I can understand Art's position as signing up for selective service has been just another administrative detail one must do upon graduation for some time now. For an entire generation, it is run-of-the-mill, so I can understand how they do not really recall when they did it.

However, for a narrow age group - Obama's - it was NOT a run-of-the-mill event.

You graduated high school? I'll be damned!

I can remember the year but not the exact day. Sometime in May. It was so long ago and to me graduating from highschool wasn't such an accomplishment.

Whether We Like it Or Not, We Remain a Dominant Military Superpower"

now for the rest of the quote...

and when conflicts break out, we get pulled into them

So the whether we like it or not refers to our being pulled into global conflicts because of our superpower status

I like having sex with small children and farm animals and when conflicts break out, we get pulled into them...

yeah, I don't see any problem once you add the modifier...outstanding work as usual Ricki Retardo

Frankie

The fact that you enjoy sex with children and farm animals has nothing to do with nuclear proliferation

So basically you're lying again, when you say the "and when conflicts break out, we get pulled into them" phrase puts the previous statement in some sort of context.

Gotcha

Like it or not?

I wonder how our Veterans feel about that?

Ms. Coulter you are not.

I'll make you the same offer I made to UScitizen. I'm taking my Dad to a CV-19 reunion in Washington DC this Memorial Day. I'll will either pick you up or fly you in and I want you to meet the CV-19 vets including John Finn and tell them that you agree with Obama on not liking US superpower status.

Will you do that for me?

OK, I fail to see a problem with what he said. Seriously.

Who would not like or want America to be a military superpower?

If you saw the whole clip and not just what was taken out of context.

One of the downsides of being a superpower is getting drawn into foreign conflicts

Korea
VietNam
Bosnia
Kuwait
Somalia

That was the point of the statement

I watched the entire clip, several times, and he said exactly what's being reported and he meant exactly what he said. But you're so far up Obama's ass you can't see what's right in front of your eyes. Next you'll hear him come out and say he "mis-spoke", which seems to be a common theme.

Like it or not?

I wonder how our Veterans feel about that?

Ms. Coulter you are not.

I'll make you the same offer I made to UScitizen. I'm taking my Dad to a CV-19 reunion in Washington DC this Memorial Day. I'll will either pick you up or fly you in and I want you to meet the CV-19 vets including John Finn and tell them that you agree with Obama on not liking US superpower status.

Will you do that for me?

Fly me in on JetBlue and give me a hotel room for two nights. Haven't been to DC in a while and could use a visit to Ben's Chili Bowl. Look forward to exposing you to what Free Speech means......maybe one day you'll learn to appreciate it.

(I'll be flying out of Logan. The airport code is BOS)

What exactly could he say about this that would make it more right wing friendly? Seriously?

No matter what he says or does, NO MATTER WHAT.....he is wrong with you guys.

Pathetic.

You're what's pathetic.

Why *wouldn't* we want to be a Dominant Military Superpower?

Would you rather the USA be dis-armed, weak and vulnerable to other countries? Say China, Russia, Korea....Iran??

I'm guessing yes, yes you WOULD.

Fucking pathetic.

What exactly could he say about this that would make it more right wing friendly? Seriously?

No matter what he says or does, NO MATTER WHAT.....he is wrong with you guys.

Pathetic.

You're what's pathetic.

Why *wouldn't* we want to be a Dominant Military Superpower?

Would you rather the USA be dis-armed, weak and vulnerable to other countries? Say China, Russia, Korea....Iran??

I'm guessing yes, yes you WOULD.

Fucking pathetic.

Do something really strange and educate yourself on what happened to previous world military superpowers.

Forum List

Back