Obama won't attend Judge Scalia's funeral. Only to pay their respects at the high court.

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

I have no words. Just sitting here shaking my head.

314A4AE500000578-0-image-a-73_1455734758069.jpg

President will not attend requiem for Scalia

1. your source is questionable at best.
2. scalia never went to the state of the union.

i'd say they're even

now please go off on another obama deranged rant.

You fool. The source is solid. If you read the article the press was interviewing Josh Ernest. He's the one that broke the news.

Now politics aside. Judge Scalia was a loyal servant to the people of America. For thirty years.

This is a snub by Obama and totally without class. He's just showing his true colors again. Obama is just a punk from Cheeeeeeeeeeecago even after all the years in office.

How pitiful.
Actually, having the Veep there is typical, hater dupe. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

A requiem at the Basilica? Wow....nice. If I could go, I would.

Of course, Biden is going. He's good people. Love that guy.

Meh.... Obama's loss.

Obama is classless and he doesn't care if everyone knows it. This is just another example. No one should be surprised.

Its a difficult needle to thread as President when a countryman of his/hers passes away. Politics may be playing a role and the Scalia family may not want him there. Or they may accept him being there but not doing the eulogy or having a prominent speaking role. If you're the President, and an Ameican passes away, the ettiquite from your end is to either be the "key note" speaker or not attend so I understand why he is not going.

That being said, he should go if the family doesn't object to his presence. Politics shouldn't define you. And they certainly shouldn't envelop you. A remarkable American who gave 30 years as public servant has passed...you should show up Mr. President (if the family doesn't object) and play as large or as small a role in the rememberance as possible.

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

Do you randomly go to the funerals of people that you don't even agree wit h on most issues?

This gentleman served his country with honor and dignity for thirty years. A President shouldn't be playing politics at this time.

Well a President with class wouldn't be playing politics but instead go to the funeral and honor a great American who loved his country dearly.

One of the most politically partisan judges in history.

1. your source is questionable at best.
2. scalia never went to the state of the union.

i'd say they're even

now please go off on another obama deranged rant.

So you equate the State of the Union to honoring ones life after death?

You're disgusting

-Geaux

I don't why anyone is shocked over this. the man shows no Respect for us, our country or our rules of law. just a small and hateful human being

Yeah. I'm not attending either.

The only good reason to attend Scalia's funeral is to drive a stake through his heart, just to be sure.

That said, it probably is bad form for the President not to attend. You can tell this guy isn't running for anything ever again.

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday.

his calendar shows a golfing outing for that day, made just minutes after announcement of the funeral!!

did you know that if you rearrange the letters in funeral, you can come up with "real fun" ?!?!?!?

You're disgusting

-Geaux

Why do we feel the need to go to funerals, even of people we don't like and didn't like us?

Frankly, I wouldn't want people who hated me at my funeral, or people I hated.

Does anybody believe in "Bad Vibes"?

President O'Bama is the human most likely to - and will try mightily to - erase every single contribution to Constitutional law that Nino fought for.

If he were to darken that ceremony with his presence he would in fact be about as welcome as the proverbial whore in church. Why go where you are manifestly not wanted?

Yes, those contributions...

Like Rich people being able to buy unlimited political influence under the guise of "Speech".

or...

Executing innocent people if exculpatory evidence comes to light after their conviction.

or....

saying that minorities don't deserve to go to college if they keep an unqualified white person out.

or...

saying crazy people have a right to own guns despite the sentiments of communities to the contrary.

Again, the only good reason to attend Scalia's funeral is to drive a stake through his heart so he doesn't rise from the grave.

You're disgusting

-Geaux

Why do we feel the need to go to funerals, even of people we don't like and didn't like us?

Frankly, I wouldn't want people who hated me at my funeral, or people I hated.

Because America expects him too.

-Geaux
------
Obama does attend some funerals
------
As for funerals, the ones he does choose to attend seem to be public statements about what he supports versus what he denounces. Remember when just a few inches away from Michelle’s disapproving eye, Obama wiped warm salty ones away at civil rights leader Dorothy Height’s funeral?

Obama also blubbered his way through the funeral of liberal Hawaiian senator Daniel Inouye. Instead of choosing to hit the links that day, the president attended the senator’s memorial service and graced Inouye’s family with both his tears and presence.

Read more: Articles: Barack Obama's Funeral Favoritism

Forum List

Back