Obamacare just ruined my life

He is a college student, idiot :rolleyes:

rhetorical question - why are all the libtards on this thread either bigoted haters or retarded liars, or BOTH?

Aside from the fact that I am going to college.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH making $36,000 a year+ at a Catering Hall

Why whine about having 4 jobs in five years then? When I was in college, I worked two and three jobs at the same time.

Make up your mind cuz the way you change your story when someone questions you ... well, let's just say it makes you look like you just might be .... Oh never mind. :rolleyes:

it was not him talking about 4 jobs.

you mixed them

Why in the world would anyone who supports Single Payer defend this disaster? This isn't even in the same freakin' ZIP code as Single Payer.

Oh yeah, the Democrats wrote it. So they'll pretend it's real close to Single Payer.

Never mind.

my thoughts exactly

[MENTION]u[/MENTION]
10 years. My wife bore three children....her father and her aunt had long bouts with cancer and it did not bankrupt her family. I know what I am talking about. You lose......again.
33 years, I fucking win knob rash!!
I had cancer, would have died in the UK.

Cured in a very short time here.
Didn't go bankrupt, strange huh?

My freind right now has estrogen reactive breast cancer, mastectomy done.
Mets to her upper L arm, bone removed and replaced, last week it was discovered in her liver. Treatment begins immediately!!
In the UK Treatment would have begun and ended with the mastectomy.

She is far from going bankrupt.

Your entire destruction of our healthcare SYSTEMS is based on dogma nothing else.
Your lies can never prevail!!
Freedom shall prevail!!

33 years, huh? How did you survive?

You need to stop lying.

Pauli's life is whatever he needs it to be in order to rationalize his crazy LiberTARDian philosophy.

Brought to you by a grant from the Koch Brothers.

He is a college student, idiot :rolleyes:

rhetorical question - why are all the libtards on this thread either bigoted haters or retarded liars, or BOTH?

Why whine about having 4 jobs in five years then? When I was in college, I worked two and three jobs at the same time.

Make up your mind cuz the way you change your story when someone questions you ... well, let's just say it makes you look like you just might be .... Oh never mind. :rolleyes:

I have been workgin at the catering hall for over 4 years faggot, I never had any other job since. Wtf are you talking about?

You worked two or three jobs 50+ hours per week at the same time? That would be over 150 hours working per week, of 168 hours total in a week.

Last edited:

I have been workgin at the catering hall for over 4 years faggot, I never had any other job since. Wtf are you talking about?

You worked two or three jobs 50+ hours per week at the same time? That would be over 150 hours working per week, of 168 hours total in a week.

But here's the point.

Frankly, it doesn't take any special skill to work in a Catering Hall. So obviously, your employer can cut your hours, and if you leave, they can just find some other college kid who will work for beer money.

Do you kind of see the stupidity of making employers responsible for health care now?

Because his employer wants to remain in business. My employer has, HAD, 60 fulltime employees. Factor in providing health insurance to each of them and it is not financial feasable.

His employer, like mine, is CHOOSING to REMAIN IN BUSINESS by reducing the number of fulltime employees.

This law has incentatived reducing workers hours.

But this is basic stuff to anyone running a business right now, and the fact that these concepts are so foriegn so someone liberals on this thread demostrates how out of touch they are with what if happening, what I like to call REALITY.

If this whole thing (Obamacare) allegedly (I saw another poster state this) takes place in 2015, why are employers choosing to cut their employees hours now, instead of making it effective in 2015?

our ancillary staff had their hours cut starting January 1st this year.

and there are no insurance for them anymore.

you get what you vote for.

Why would they start it this year, when it allegedly isn't going into effect until 2015?

Not a few, politicians running for office promise the people one thing and then don't come through with it or "do a 180'" on certain issues. Is it the fault of the people who believed them, or is it the fault of the politicians who mislead them?

Why would they start it this year, when it allegedly isn't going into effect until 2015?

Not a few, politicians running for office promise the people one thing and then don't come through with it or "do a 180'" on certain issues. Is it the fault of the people who believed them, or is it the fault of the politicians who mislead them?

because the plan for obamacare to go in full effect was for January 1 2014 initially so they have adjusted the policy for the start of this year.

as somebody posted above - it takes time and resources to adjust the policies and once done they don't go in reverse mode.

Why in the world would anyone who supports Single Payer defend this disaster? This isn't even in the same freakin' ZIP code as Single Payer.

Oh yeah, the Democrats wrote it. So they'll pretend it's real close to Single Payer.

Never mind.

You are smarter than this. You should be able to grasp nuance. I prefer single payer....but this is what was "offered"

It is a step. It is an attempt to improve the situation. It still gives too much to insurance companies.....but it seeks to hold them accountable and make it so bankruptcy is not the end result of a serious illness or accident. It is a positive move forward and as much as the fucktards in the GOP would ever CONSIDER giving in to.

Shit.....it was not written by Democrats. You know it. Disingenuous bullshit.

How disappointing you have turned out to be. A fence sitter who jumped off on the side of stupid because you are guilty about your honest feelings. So disgusted with yourself that you have become hypersensitive to criticism. Go ahead...put me back on ignore before your feelings get hurt too much.

Stick to whining about the imaginary PC monster.

Last edited:
If this whole thing (Obamacare) allegedly (I saw another poster state this) takes place in 2015, why are employers choosing to cut their employees hours now, instead of making it effective in 2015?

It might have something to do with TAXES, and how they are calculated from previous years.

Maybe, but two years earlier? How does the insurance mandate affect that two years (1.5) prior to when it takes effect?

I've been working there for three years.

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THEY CAN POSSIBLY HAVE MORE BUSINESS.

If they hired a rookie staff with NO management, the reviews and reputation of the Watermill would plummet to rock bottom.

You're a fucking moron.

You have proven why Centrally Planned economies ALWAYS fail, because FUCKTARDS like you think you have the knowledge and wisdom to run every different type and variety of business and service.

You just said that your employer is going to decline business now so they can cut your hours and avoid a mandate for providing insurance that starts in a year and a half.
Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds? You insult everyone here without even knowing it. That is how clueless you are.

Yes, they cutting hours for their employee, and because there is no way to reliably replace those veteran workers, they must also cut back on parties and business.

Get it fuckface?

How much are they going to lose by cutting back on "parties and business" vs. complying with Obamacare mandates? I think I saw you state that they hire "outside companies" to provide waiters? If so, maybe you and the veteran staff can go down to the county offices in Riverhead and start your own company and let the Watermill Inn (a nice place, been to two weddings there, we always called the "Smithtown Bypass" plain old 347) hire your "veteran waiter company" to do the work for the originals hours you were working? That would sound like a "win, win" to me, they aren't burdened with employees, you would have to maintain an office where you kept your "waiter supplies, etc., and deal with getting or not getting health insurance on your own.

Idiot, they enacted the changes before the obamacare was moved a year.

It never went into effect.

SO?

are you so damn stupid not to understand that if there is a threat reason even 2 years in advance the threatened business is going to act NOW?

gosh, you libtards, do you ever work in a real world, or are you just welfare-fed from cradle to the grave?

The way they are handling that "threat" now is by cutting employees' hours, so they don't have to provide them insurance. I understand that; but why would they make their employees suffer two years prior them them being affected by the mandate? Why couldn't they say; "As of January 1, 2015 all employees hours will be cut." , and make it effective January 1, 2015?

Idiot, businesses don't wait till 2015 to prepare for it. Use your head, Carbine.

I figured someone would try that. The mandate was delayed in July. According to your logic, this company needed 16 months to prepare for the 2015 date.

That means they would have done this already in 2012 to prepare for the 2014 date, since they wouldn't have known then about the delay.

lol, think before you post.

LOL, don't run a business do you? Never had to deal with bureaucracy have you? If you did, you're lying; if you haven't, think before you post. A business may have just completed preparing for the mandate in 2012, but suddenly instead of 2013 which they were prepared for, it's 2015. It's a whole 'nother ballgame, Carbine. With most of it in serious jeopardy as it is, a business may have difficulty preparing for it, or may have to start over completely. This isn't a split second process, mister.

Well with this particular situation, it seems that they are "preparing for it" by simply cutting their employees' hours. That doesn't take a whole lot of "preparation" when they can let the employees know that the cut in hours will be effective on 1/1/2015. That way EVERYONE can prepare for it and not lose their lifestyles NOW. They also risk losing employees when they do it now because they are put into a situation that the Op says he is in now. So no it's NOT good "business sense" to cut their hours now.

TK...have you ever run a business. It sure sounds like you have some experience.

25 years old.....failure to keep a job since age 20. That business must have been a lemonade stand. Maybe GirlScout cookies?

LOL, don't run a business do you? Never had to deal with bureaucracy have you? If you did, you're lying; if you haven't, think before you post. A business may have just completed preparing for the mandate in 2012, but suddenly instead of 2013 which they were prepared for, it's 2015. It's a whole 'nother ballgame, Carbine. With most of it in serious jeopardy as it is, a business may have difficulty preparing for it, or may have to start over completely. This isn't a split second process, mister.

Don't forget that taxes depend on the PREVIOUS YEAR.

No they don't.

Not leaving out the fact that it's 2013 now, two years before 2015. I also thought this was about "Obamacare" and the mandates being the reason for cutting hours? Just say they are going with the "previous year" , why would they make the cuts effective 1/1/2014? Wouldn't they want to get as much business in as possible before they have to cut the staff's hours? :)

My 17 year old daughter will graduate HS withe her AA in May. She just told me that she wants to take two years off from school so she can go to New York to work on Hillary's campaign. Should I advise her to look into catering jobs up there. It looks like there will be some hours to fill.

Speaking of which....2A could do TK a solid and recommend him for a 30 hour gig at his place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back