Official Impeachment Thread 2.0: House Judiciary Committee Hearings

"BREAKING: The Hill newspaper names 3 GOP senators as possible votes to convict Trump. Turns out they're all legendarily feckless old ladies: Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, & Mitt Romney."
None of them will vote for removal, neither will Jack Testor or Joe Manchin.

IF this even passes the House, you MIGHT get 45 votes, nowhere near the 67 you need. The Democrats wasted all year on this, instead of working for the American People. Democrats Abused Their Constitutional Impeachment Power and their Oath of Office. Don't expect the voters to respond kindly.

Your foolishness has put all these seats at risk:
  1. Utah 4 R+13 Democratic
  2. Oklahoma 5 R+10 Democratic
  3. South Carolina 1 R+10 Democratic
  4. Georgia 6 R+8 Democratic
  5. Texas 7 R+7 Democratic
  6. Michigan 3 R+6 Independent
  7. New Mexico 2 R+6 Democratic
  8. New York 22 R+6 Democratic
  9. Virginia 7 R+6 Democratic
  10. Illinois 14 R+5 Democratic
  11. Texas 32 R+5 Democratic
  12. California 48 R+4 Democratic
  13. Kansas 3 R+4 Democratic
  14. Michigan 8 R+4 Democratic
  15. Michigan 11 R+4 Democratic
  16. California 45 R+3 Democratic
  17. New Jersey 5 R+3 Democratic
  18. New Jersey 7 R+3 Democratic
  19. New Jersey 11 R+3 Democratic
  20. New York 11 R+3 Democratic
  21. Pennsylvania 17 R+3 Democratic
  22. Virginia 2 R+3 Democratic
  23. Arizona 1 R+2 Democratic
  24. Illinois 6 R+2 Democratic
  25. Maine 2 R+2 Democratic
  26. Minnesota 2 R+2 Democratic
  27. Nevada 3 R+2 Democratic
  28. New Hampshire 1 R+2 Democratic
  29. New Jersey 3 R+2 Democratic
  30. New York 19 R+2 Democratic
  31. Arizona 2 R+1 Democratic
  32. California 49 R+1 Democratic
  33. Iowa 3 R+1 Democratic
  34. New Jersey 2 R+1 Democratic
  35. New York 18 R+1 Democratic
  36. Pennsylvania 8 R+1 Democratic
  37. California 10 EVEN Democratic
  38. California 25 EVEN Democratic
  39. California 39 EVEN Democratic
  40. Florida 7 EVEN Democratic
  41. Oregon 4 EVEN Democratic
  42. Oregon 5 EVEN Democratic
  43. Washington 8 EVEN Democratic
  44. Wisconsin 3 EVEN Democratic
  45. Iowa 1 D+1 Democratic
  46. Iowa 2 D+1 Democratic
  47. Minnesota 3 D+1 Democratic
  48. New York 3 D+1 Democratic
  49. Pennsylvania 7 D+1 Democratic
  50. Virginia 10 D+1 Democratic
  51. California 36 D+2 Democratic
  52. Colorado 6 D+2 Democratic
  53. Connecticut 5 D+2 Democratic
  54. Florida 13 D+2 Democratic
  55. New Hampshire 2 D+2 Democratic
  56. Pennsylvania 6 D+2 Democratic

even an appearance of wavering support from the United States for Ukraine could embolden Russia, my friends

even an appearance of wavering support from the United States for Ukraine could embolden Russia, my friends
Trump gave Ukraine the lethal aid Obama refused to give them. Can you link me to posts expressing your outrage at Obama when he refused to give Ukraine lethal aid even while Russia was attacking them?

Biden And Pelosi Snap On The Same Day, Anti-Impeachment Witness Threatened; What's Going On With Democrats?

A catch-22 of their own making...

As public support for impeachment continues to fade faster than Peloton Bike sales, Democrats are coming unglued - with rabid outbursts in public, and privately threatening anyone who might derail their ill-advised gambit.

To wit, George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley says he's been "inundated with threatening messages" following his Wednesday testimony in front of the House Judiciary Committee, where he argued that Democrats have launched a "slipshod impeachment" based on flimsy evidence against President Trump.

turley%201.jpg

"Before I finished my testimony, my home and office were inundated with threatening messages and demands that I be fired from George Washington University for arguing that, while a case for impeachment can be made, it has not been made on this record," Turley wrote in a Thursday Op-Ed.

Democrats can't prove that Trump inappropriately pressured Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelensky to investigate 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden and his son Hunter. Moreover, Zelensky has stated multiple times that there was no pressure, no quid pro quo, and that he didn't know that nearly $400 million in US military aid had been briefly paused until after his discussions with Trump.

On edge

On the same day that Joe Biden snapped at an Iowa voter who pressed him on his son's sweetheart board seat in Ukraine - calling the man a "damn liar" and challenging him to a push-up contest and an IQ test - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi bit a reporter's head off for asking why she hates Trump so much.

Pelosi isn't melting down because she feels like she's winning.

If you've ever won, you know how winners act.

Some are composed and good sportsmen.

Others are "sore winners," they are smug.

Pelosi is shook.

Meanwhile, a growing number of Democrats have backed away from impeachment.

Benny

✔@bennyjohnson

1f6a8.png
BREAKING
1f6a8.png

Democrat Jeff Van Drew says he plans to vote against all the articles of impeachment "unless there's something that I haven't seen, haven't heard before."

2:19 PM - Dec 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
4,532 people are talking about this

Democrats are losing it because they're effectively trapped in their own catch-22, thanks to Rep. Adam Schiff - who hired a former colleague of alleged whistleblower Eric Ciaramella the day after the Trump-Ukraine call.

If House Democrats move forward with impeachment, it will mean a trial in the GOP-controlled Senate, exposing their leading 2020 candidate and his crackhead son to potentially disastrous testimony next year. We're guessing the Bidens, like several Trump administration officials, will refuse to comply with Congressional subpoenas and instead ask the courts to decide. Not a good look for two guys who supposedly did nothing wrong, especially when the House is claiming that litigating a subpoena in the courts is "obstruction of justice."

BUT, if Democrats back down from impeachment and instead censure Trump - avoiding a Senate trial which would fully exonerate Trump, they will look weak and stupid for backing down and exonerate Trump just the same.

They were warned that this is exactly what would happen if they pushed forward with impeachment. Now, much like Hunter Biden, they've gone in unprotected and can't pull out.

Today's strong jobs numbers are going to make it even harder for the 31 House Dems in Trump-leaning districts to vote for his impeachment. If Pelosi was wigging out yesterday, imagine her angst today.

250x200.jpg

Thinking about wage gains and Christmas shopping,
not Dems foolish impeachment farce

Do you mean like sending them blankets instead of Javelin anti-tank weapons during the heavy fighting, like the Obama admin did?

You can't be referring to Trump who sent them the Javelin anti-tank weapons?

Do you mean like sending them blankets instead of Javelin anti-tank weapons during the heavy fighting, like the Obama admin did?

You can't be referring to Trump who sent them the Javelin anti-tank weapons?
They actually don't give a damn about Ukraine or Russia.

The Democrats’ Massive Impeachment Fail.

“To the surprise of no one who isn’t a blue city pol, a media hack, or an insufferable Fredocon sissy, the American people are not particularly impressed by the genius idea of replacing our president a year before an election because he allegedly expressed curiosity about why the coke-sniffing, stripper-impregnating, dead brother’s wife-trifling, Navy-rejected loser son of Vice President Gropey O’Definitelynotsenile scored a $50K+ a month gig on a Ukrainian gas board. And it’s just dawning on some of them they maybe this impeachment brainstorm was not the bestest idea there ever was.”​

Impeachment really is a pathetic clown show.

GettyImages-1165378207-820x550.jpg

First it was COLLUSION! Can you believe it? Trump was colluding with the Russians to steal the election from its rightful owner, H.R. Clinton. For a brief and shining moment, ‘collusion’ filled the airwaves and cyberspace. The president of the United States was colluding with Vladimir Putin, whose puppet he was. John Brennan, the excitable talking head who somehow became director of the CIA despite voting for Gus Hall, perpetual candidate for the US presidency on the Communist ticket, declared that Trump’s behavior was ‘nothing short of treasonous.’ Yikes.

That show had a good run, almost two years. But it collapsed like an abused soufflé after Robert Mueller’s expensive fishing expedition failed to hook any fish, at least any implicating the president in wrongdoing, to say nothing of treasonous wrong doing. Mueller’s pathetic performance before Congress probably counts as a form of elder abuse. This was supposed to be the spectacle that delivered the coup de grâce to the impossible orange man. Instead, it was a demonstration of the liabilities of senile incapacity. We spent $34 million for this?

In any normal world, that would have put paid to the Democrats’ greatest ever expedition, the unremitting search for a crime to which their preordained verdict — impeachment! — could be attached.

But this is not a normal world, it is our world, one in which such Soviet style of justice — show me the man and I will show you the crime — applies to anything involving Donald Trump.

Next up was Ukraine and a supposed ‘quid pro quo’. Repetitio mater memoriae: for a couple of weeks, the blank spot in the media’s script that had been occupied by ‘collusion’ now featured this new tort: Trump promised to give the Ukrainian president something in exchange for something. Exactly what those somethings were was a vague and shifting series of conjectures, undercut by denials on the part of all the principals that anything was offered for anything.

But those declarations were made only by the president of the United States, the president of Ukraine, and everyone with first-hand knowledge of what transpired between them. Water carriers who worked down the hall and who hated Trump knew better.

Somehow, though, ‘quid pro quo’ never really caught on. The public yawned when they heard about it, possibly because they were insufficiently impressed by the Latin phrase, possibly because a moment’s inquiry told them that this was another Oakland of Offenses: there was just nothing there. In talking to President Zelensky, Trump was just doing his job.

The Democrats sensed this, so they quietly retired ‘quid pro quo’ and sent up a trial balloon called ‘bribery’. At least ‘bribery’ is mentioned in Article II of the Constitution as a ground for impeaching the president. Maybe what Trump was doing was offering the Ukrainian president a bribe? Let’s run that up the flag pole and see who salutes.

The trouble is, everyone knows what a bribe is. And Trump clearly did not offer or accept any bribes. Everyone could see that, even, I suspect, the lachrymose Adam Schiff whose last desperate gambit was to say that Trump’s offer of a White House meeting to Zelensky was a bribe.

It was left to Fat Jerry Nadler, the Oliver Hardy to Adam Schiff’s Stan Laurel, to try, try again by kicking off the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment witch hunt yesterday with the charge that the president was guilty of abusing the power of his office.

The Founders saw impeachment as a last-gasp measure, a sort of Senatus Consultum Ultimum, to be employed when, and only when, someone has lost the trust of the people by truly egregious behavior.

At the moment, Donald Trump is presiding over the most robust economy the US has seen in decades. Unemployment, especially minority unemployment is at historic lows. Wages, especially at the lower end, are rising. Consumer confidence is high. We are at peace. Trump’s approval rating among Republicans is something like 90 percent. His support among Blacks and Hispanics is rising. As James Piereson recently pointed out, it is well nigh impossible to impeach a president in such circumstances.

The Democrats’ latest strategy — will they finally pack it in once, it, too, fails? — is to deliberately confuse the use of power, which is something Trump, like every president, does, with the abuse of power, which is something else and something for which we have no evidence.

The effort to impeach and remove Donald Trump from office was always a fool’s errand. Whatever plausibility the Mueller investigation had because of the majesty of the legal establishment was long ago dissipated by the obviously partisan contrivances of the Democratic establishment. Schiff and Nadler have been reduced to playing word games to keep this pathetic clown show going. No one outside their partisan bubble believes them; fewer and fewer people are even paying attention. The public was already exasperated by the Adam Schiff Show a couple of weeks back. Nadler’s afternoon reprise is playing to an equivalent of supper theater on the second stage in Dubuque, Iowa.

No one cares what Fat Jerry Nadler says — or, rather, they are irritated by it and by him.

Suppose They Threw an Impeachment and Nobody Came?

The most telling moment of the last few years occurred when reporter James Rosen asked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), “Do you hate President Trump?”

You don’t have to be Sigmund Freud to have seen the extreme defensiveness of the speaker’s response. It practically hit you in the face.

Wrapping herself in the mantle of her Catholicism and with the rigidity of a central casting schoolmarm, she informed us she loved all humanity, hated no one, prayed for President Donald Trump all the time, even that day, and then excoriated Rosen for daring to ask such a question, before stomping off in a distinctly impious fashion.

Rosen's question was appropriate—it’s the signal question of our time. We are in an era of almost unprecedented mutual hate at the same moment we are experiencing unprecedented economic success (unemployment at 50-year lows for all sectors, salaries up more than 3 percent.)

Yet, everywhere, there is anger, families riven as never in our lifetimes, friendships strained, workplaces subject to a code of silence lest one be fired or ostracized, whole communities despising each other.

And now, in the Christmas season, we have to look forward to an impeachment in the House and possible trial in Senate. All this with an election less than a year away. Is this even remotely necessary?

As we know, the impeachment of Trump was contemplated even before he was elected. The Washington Post had a headline saying it had begun minutes after his inauguration. It’s as if Comrade Beria’s famous line, “Show me a man and I’ll show you the crime” had morphed into “Show me a president and I’ll show you grounds for impeachment.”

You right wingers that didn't listen just missed a real rant from Collins, and now they're arguing over a point of order so vociferously that I'm wondering if someone is going to be thrown out.

I'm sure this will get merged or deleted, but wanted to give you a heads up--this is entertainment, folks! Much less boring than the hearings a couple weeks ago.

FYI

Lots of heat, no light. Until there is a John Dean figure who gives testimony from inside the bunker...the Senate won’t care. I doubt they’ll care then either.

Lots of heat, no light. Until there is a John Dean figure who gives testimony from inside the bunker...the Senate won’t care. I doubt they’ll care then either.
The GOP in the Senate are unpatriotic partisan hacks, which their votes will show and go down in history as such.

The GOP in the Senate are unpatriotic partisan hacks, which their votes will show and go down in history as such.

Democrats would be doing the same thing.

The difference is that A Democrat Party President wouldn’t have pulled the garbage the blob did

Forum List

Back