[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

If you disagree with a post, click Disagree.

The only glitch I see with that are unintended consequences. For instance if Jane Doe posts "I'm an idiot", and you know she isn't, there will be a temptation to his 'disagree' that will show up as a negative I presume when it in fact was intended to be affirming. I may be assuming wrongly about how that would show up on the post though.

I see it now...but I have to hold down CTRL and Scroll to make the text HUGE in order to see it..which makes me have to scroll from side to side.
I am using Google Chrome.

I still have yet to see it at all in Firefox.
But that's OK, I have a mouse wheel and use it promiscuously.

I guess I am doomed to scrolling up with my mouse to see the top of the page cuz I can't handle text the size of like...
This

Learn the keyboard shortcut for your computer. On my work laptop there is a "Home" key that takes me to the top of the page. On this laptop it's "FN+Home" (FN = Function Key) to go to the top.

>>>>

I guess I don't understand the question?

There's no question mark. I'm not asking you anything. I'm just chuckling at your optimism when you use terms like deal breaker. :razz: Just razzing ya.

I'm happy we've got the razz emoticon back. I missed it yesterday.

OK Bugbreakers, I got one for ya...

I just put up post 665 which I see above. That follows 664, which follows 663....

.... which then follows 640 :confused: Meaning it jumps 23 posts.

If I refresh the page it will probably reset to where it actually belongs -- I guess that because that's what it did earlier on a different post where I saw the same thing and thought either I was hallucinating or that mods had just deleted a couple of pages of posts in between.

What sup wit dat?

My pages are set for 20 posts per page.

There's no question mark. I'm not asking you anything. I'm just chuckling at your optimism when you use terms like deal breaker. :razz: Just razzing ya.

LOL okay. I regret to say that even for us eternal optimists, some things still suck. :)

The only glitch I see with that are unintended consequences. For instance if Jane Doe posts "I'm an idiot", and you know she isn't, there will be a temptation to his 'disagree' that will show up as a negative I presume when it in fact was intended to be affirming. I may be assuming wrongly about how that would show up on the post though.

Disagreeing a post doesn't count as a negative. :)

So it has been over 24 hours since Rep has removed and the world has not yet ended! There is no fire and brimstone in the streets and posters are not tearing into each other. In fact the opposite seems to be happening. Posters are helping each other to figure out the new format.

So far so good! :thup::thup::thup:

Um, I think that's because we're all sharing a common nightmare. Once everybody's comfortable with how the new software works and we no longer need each other's help, the usual internet acrimony will be back. Take it to the bank.

Think how strangers cooperate in times of say a hurricane or an earthquake. Once the dust settles and everything's hunky dory, it's back to "get off my lawn".

Me too. That is one of my favorite ones! :razz: We also need one of these . . .
rofl.gif
I've always liked that one!

I still have yet to see it at all in Firefox.
But that's OK, I have a mouse wheel and use it promiscuously.
Did you know that if you hold down the mouse wheel and then push the mouse upwards it will scroll for ya and you can save finger action? :)

Actually I was the one who first dropped the term "deal breaker" back in the Coffee Shop, in reference to the same issue (multi-quote context) except I opined that for a message board it might indeed be one. And to the best of my knowledge that question has yet to be addressed.

Did you know that if you hold down the mouse wheel and then push the mouse upwards it will scroll for ya and you can save finger action? :)

Yeah that's handy. :thup:

So I've looked and looked and looked, no red button on Firefox. Then again I recall having AdBlock get overanxious and start blocking posted images. Maybe AdBlock is masking it. :dunno:

Forum List

Back