Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

ALRIGHT, who wants to play this carbon copy again, but WITHOUT BP for Town? :D j/k

We'll call it Earth vs Wind.

Ninja'd. :)

I'm totally in.

If I could make a request... please leave the time limits off the green dots. That contributed a fair amount to the ability flood right off the bat, imho.

we could do a game with fire ice wind and earth. The opposite groups can't kill each other but can kill the others. Like fire can't kill ice but could kill wind and earth. Make four teams plus the town. It be complicated but could be cool. You'd need lots of players

we could do a game with fire ice wind and earth. The opposite groups can't kill each other but can kill the others. Like fire can't kill ice but could kill wind and earth. Make four teams plus the town. It be complicated but could be cool. You'd need lots of players

I'd go for that. We'd need about 40 players though. LOL

Scum did have Daytalk in this game, too, which lead to enhanced minute-by-minute coordination.

I'm a bit tuckered out. Just returned home from a 3-day shift, and am also a little burnt out from Mafia. I'm playing in one and starting in another tomorrow, and the former has been very draining. It requires a lot of mental energy to play Mafia. Or maybe I'm simply an idiot. :D:p

Right now I'm carefully etching into existence the details of what I call "Forever" Roles. They're roles that are well-rounded, and can be added to virtually any game (stored for use in the future). I'll share this one with you guys.

Welcome, _____. You are the Town Cheesemaker.

Alignment
You are part of the Town. You win once all threats to the Town are dead, and at least one member of Town is living.

Basic Abilities
abilitypassive.png
Post You may post in-thread.
abilitypassive.png
Vote You may vote in-thread.

Special Abilities
abilityactive.png
Cheesemaking Each Night select up to five players. Give each of them a different kind of cheese. Players will be given an image and name of a specific cheese via PM by the mod (nothing else).
abilityreflexive.png
Free Cheese Sample Every time you are visited during the Night, you give that player two kinds of cheese. The handcrafted cheese is given at random: duplicates aren't given. You'll be informed if that player likes or dislikes that cheese at the start of the next Day.
16px-PhaseIcon%28Day%29.png
shots1.png
Let There Be Cheese! Only once in the game, during a Day phase, you can have the mod disclose in-thread that certain Scum like/dislike certain cheeses, according to what you know in your Role PM. Then select two players. It will be publicly disclosed in-thread by the mod which cheeses those two players like and dislike.

Knowledge
• The cheeses you possess are these: Mozzarella, Swiss, Limburger, Gruyere, Roquefort, Havarti, Brick, Munster, Feta, Provolone, Manchego, Bryndza, Oka, Anejo, Colby, Blue, and Cheddar.
• Certain players like/dislike certain cheeses. You will learn if someone does or doesn't prefer a certain cheese you've given: "Player likes ___" and "Player dislikes ___" are results you may receive. If players are indifferent to certain cheeses, you'll receive a result of "Indifferent."
• You know that one Scum in this game dislikes Roquefort, another likes Anejo, a third dislikes Feta, and a fourth likes Limburger. You aren't certain exactly how many Scum are in the game.
• If the Chef is given a "___," the player'll guardedly craft a recipe in the restaurant the following Night (1-Shot BP that Night only; this can only happen once in the game).
• Multiple players may like or dislike the same cheeses.

Please confirm in thread here (LINK).

I've wasted most of today here on the board, I better get to work.

See ya later!

Scum did have Daytalk in this game, too, which lead to enhanced minute-by-minute coordination.

Not really, considering Sam was rarely around (when I was), lol.

House is right, players are on anywhere between 7am (eastern) and 2 the next morning, and they aren't here every single RL day. Often by the time I came into the neighborhood everyone else had gone to bed.

Wow sis and I had D&D tonight lol.

Damn I need to sheep my sister more..:All my reads were wrong.

*hides in corner*

Congrats and scum MVP goes to House. Town MVP goes to SR (FYI those are just my votes please add yours)

See you in the AM.

No, not all your reads were wrong....you were right about me.:)
Right. If I would have actually succeeded in Mertex it might have caused me to doubt elsewhere. The early crumbing of being a PR doesn't make any sense for a doctor. That's the kinda thing you do not start crumbing unless you have a successful heal. Rosie's death shows why.

Given the crumbing had little upside to town, I greatly figured Mertex was scum. Sometimes it helps to have newbie perspective.

I was between a wall and a hard place because of the shield I stole. Everyone wanted to know why I wasn't using it and if I didn't have a good explanation I would have been lynched because they thought I was suspicious. Had I known I was going to steal a worthless ability, I wouldn't have done it.....but, in spite of it, I was able to convince most that I was Town...and if I had been able to use my magic 8 ball, I might have figured out who Scum was planning on targeting and prevented them....:confused:

Hip, hip, hooray.....yay....Town won. Thanks for really thinking about it and staying with the facts Cafe, Wolf, Aye, Math and SR......for a while I thought (in the dead zone) you all were going to be distracted away from House, but you stuck with it. Wolf, I think you did a great job....saying what you believed, I knew you were Town. Aye, you had me so confused for a while. I knew you were Town, but I couldn't ignore the other stuff.....but toward the end I was convinced you were Town. I never would have believed House was Scum....he played a great game for his first one. Siding with me got me bamboozled again, like Avi did in the first game. So, look out House.....:D
I am rarely distracted from my scumreads. Once I eliminated Math, House was in a bad position bc I was going to votepark there.
I knew you weren't budging, but Wolf was just as sure as I was that House was Town....the little devil.

Damn, and for a while I was thinking you had fooled us with your ice immunity and you were actually the other Ice Cube.

If we play with special abilities again in the future, I'm going to divide them among the Days, to make them less explosive and frequent.

I never should have included the elemental BP statuses for Town. If I hadn't the game would have been, I think, way more nail-biting.

The only issue I had with the abilities was them all having to be used the first 2 days. That was just so chaotic. But once that was out of the way, things were fine. I'd love to have them more spread out as to when they can be used but not in a way to give an advantage to any one side. And it probably would of been better to just have Cafe and SR be one-shot deals instead of permanent but I really like the idea of them being there to counteract that scum can't kill each other.

My eyes were glazing over when Sam and FA and others were discussing what one ability could do to another.....I didn't really know if my protection was even going to count or if it was going to be undone.....I had never even heard about some of those abilities.......:eek:

That was just keystone cops coincidence. I had no idea House would fake claim, let alone fake claim THAT. LOL I was just throwing as much WIFOM in the game as I could and House stumbled into it in the worst possible way. Other than not wanting him to rely on you, I really had no end game plan with House. He just needed to be out there on his own. He held you guys off longer than I thought when he threw that dayvig thing out there. If I had been town, I would have instalynched him on that claim because it was either a lie or was in newby hands who would likely hit town.

Oh, and House relying on me so much-why didn't I recognize that blatant scum buddying? LOL For some reason that came off as town to me and I think I just refused to believe a 3rd scum could be in our hood. Luckily, he was caught anyway.

He did the same to me. When he stood up for me being Doc, I completely took that as him being Town...I did the same thing with Avatar in Game 1 or 2.....oh well, I'm still learning.

That was just keystone cops coincidence. I had no idea House would fake claim, let alone fake claim THAT. LOL I was just throwing as much WIFOM in the game as I could and House stumbled into it in the worst possible way. Other than not wanting him to rely on you, I really had no end game plan with House. He just needed to be out there on his own. He held you guys off longer than I thought when he threw that dayvig thing out there. If I had been town, I would have instalynched him on that claim because it was either a lie or was in newby hands who would likely hit town.

Oh, and House relying on me so much-why didn't I recognize that blatant scum buddying? LOL For some reason that came off as town to me and I think I just refused to believe a 3rd scum could be in our hood. Luckily, he was caught anyway.

Funny thing is I posted in the discussion thread about scum needing to run more good cop/bad cap routines and you liked it LOL. I wasn't even thinking about this but the Mertex thing when I posted that and them I wasn't sure what to do--whether I should erase it or what as I thought for sure that was going to accidentally tip you off to House (not that we planned a routine on you--it just evolved that way)

Funny thing is I posted in the discussion thread about scum needing to run more good cop/bad cap routines and you liked it LOL. I wasn't even thinking about this but the Mertex thing when I posted that and them I wasn't sure what to do--whether I should erase it or what as I thought for sure that was going to accidentally tip you off to House (not that we planned a routine on you--it just evolved that way)

I can see how you can see it that way but I didn't even connect those dots. Nope, The biggest thing to tip me off to House is him not using his shot when I told him exactly how he could do it to get a town win. I doubted then, that he was a dayvig at all. That only worked because I don't know anything about that PR but I do know, if he refused to use the shot when it is obvious to me town would win with it, he's a lying scum, and that's why I brought it to the GT.

If we play with special abilities again in the future, I'm going to divide them among the Days, to make them less explosive and frequent.

I never should have included the elemental BP statuses for Town. If I hadn't the game would have been, I think, way more nail-biting.

I do think the bp statuses were good but scum should have had a PR or daytalk. If they had daytalk, the setup was balanced.

In the original fire and scum, the doctor wasnot macho. The town lost a fair amount by having the cop not be healable.

If you were going to change anything, I would take out the green dots.
ALRIGHT, who wants to play this carbon copy again, but WITHOUT BP for Town? :D j/k

We'll call it Earth vs Wind.

Ninja'd. :)

I wouldn't mind playing in it at all....playing that last one gave me a bit more confidence.

He did the same to me. When he stood up for me being Doc, I completely took that as him being Town...I did the same thing with Avatar in Game 1 or 2.....oh well, I'm still learning.

Always question everything in Mafia.

If you saw House as Town for standing up for you, then if I'm Scum in game with you I could have you voting any way I want. It's white-knighting, and building false rapport as Scum. There are many tools in the arsenal for both Scum and Town.

Avi-I saw a lot of frustration from you in the dz over this but you have to understand you were scum. Why should we automatically believe scum on anything? If Sam had a PR, I wanted to make sure not to mislynch. And you'll note by Wake's comments in the dz and you being able to see North, that I did eventually catch onto this and question Sam in North bring it to the GT. The neighborhoods really hurt scum this game because that's one reason House was hurt, that gambit in the hood, I eventually caught it and so did Care and Aye who would not have let me get away with not revealing it. They knew what was up and eventually I did too. Then that was it for House. So yes, I am slow at reading between the lines but I eventually will catch onto things.

And overall, I loved the neighborhood dynamic despite the fact I was stuck with 3 scum. It was still fun and added a lot to the game. I would vote to have neighborhoods again but play them much differently as far as what I reveal in them or how quickly I trust anyone.

If Rosie had not just been NK'd, I would have had to approach that situation differently. It took so long because people hoped it would be true being down a cop so early. His play at the end of day 1 in central should have set off alarms in more people's heads. it was obvious scum play. Independent of my situation in the game, I was so disheartened by town play days 1 and 2 that I cannot even put it into words how depressing it was with so many people with 4 games under their belt to be fumbling so badly.

Well, the thing about the davig gambit it is I had no clue if it was possible or not and knew nothing about that role. Although I believed and trusted House at first, I had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind the whole time that wouldn't go away. When he wouldn't take his shot when I asked him to over and over and when it was a perfect time to do so, I knew he was lying scum. Just had to work it out with town, and he was gone.

You are right, town did not play well in the beginning. I personally, did not play well, I was too scummy and people were FoSing me in the QT's and the GT. BUT, I am extremely happy with town's endgame play. To me, that shows a group that has grown as players and that's why I put that braggy post in the game Cafe said was braggy, and I'm glad SR recognized I was trying to rally town. She is from a different place so doesn't know the dynamics here and it is a sad fact that town here, including me, will look for the negative in people's posts sometimes when none is intended. It is getting better, but still an issue.

It is interesting to read what others say about your play in the QT's. I'm not done yet but I will write down specific posts I think are good to reference regarding my play and what I can improve on because you are right in what you said in the dz Sameech, I am trying to improve. It is a welcome relief to see more positive this time than all the garbage I saw in game 3 in the QT's. Not that there wasn't plenty of crap talk but as long as it is about the game and gameplay and not personal, it is acceptable. It's not so much that I care what others think of me personally but I look at what others say about my play to see how I can improve or change so I'm not so easily read in the future.

I find it sad what is happening with Rosie, Grandma, Mertex-Why can't they just talk and keep the personal shit out and just say-you need to improve here and here's why and the other person say the will work on that so they can still play together? I am much more frustrated with players who don't contribute anything or do nothing to improve every game then people who are wrong but still try hard. I really like all 3 of them but I sympathize with Mertex because I got similar crap in game 3 and she can probably take it better than me but we are all human and do have feelings, despite Mafia being hardcore.

Just my thoughts.

@Wolfsister77

It was not looking for negatives per se, but the posts you were making made it seem as if you were building yourself up to take suspicion away. I would move you to town, then you came up with a post like that out of the blue where you seemed to prop youself up ( and others) and it just read as if you were trying to scream town when those posts could in fact be scum trying to make themselves appear townish. This is what I meant by braggish. I don't know your posting outside this scum forum Wolf, except the pic threads. You did well considering you were in a scummrounded in your hood.

@Avatar4321

Why in the hell did you accept that BS explanation from House (posting all these places then his pic with tabs open)? OMG I would not have let that go. LOL

If you saw House as Town for standing up for you, then if I'm Scum in game with you I could have you voting any way I want. It's white-knighting, and building false rapport as Scum. There are many tools in the arsenal for both Scum and Town.

I should have learned my lesson with Avatar in Game 2 (I think)......he kept saying he knew I was town and that just made me think he must be Town too. House was doing that to Wolf.....we're getting wiser, though.

Yeah, The way House was acting to me in the hood should of been obvious sooner that he was using me.

I just read the ice QT. I can't believe how many times they talked about killing me or getting use out of me.

Thanks a lot Sameech and House. I thought you guys were my friends you evil scum fiends.

No one will ever be able to buddy me again in these games. I will instantly want FoS them if they do. :biggrin:

I should have learned my lesson with Avatar in Game 2 (I think)......he kept saying he knew I was town and that just made me think he must be Town too. House was doing that to Wolf.....we're getting wiser, though.

Yes he was. Thank goodness he wasn't able to win with that tactic. Those two kept saying in ice QT how bad they felt for me and how ashamed of myself I was going to be if they won.

Well, I call it a good learning experience. And Wake-you put me in a hood with 3 scum again, and I'll kick your butt. :p

Forum List

Back